Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Vegetables that are good for Nick/Dad:

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> Why did you turn down the [Bell] peppers and green beans?

> > Because I don't much like them.
> >

> Okra?

Wow! Surprised I didn't have that on the list, as I love it and Jun uses it
a lot! Added to the list. Thanks a lot. <smooch>

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Tiger Lily > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> Because I don't much like them.
>>>

>> Okra?

> Wow! Surprised I didn't have that on the list, as I love it and Jun uses it
> a lot! Added to the list. Thanks a lot. <smooch>

David Mendosa puts a lot more foods on his 'free' list, as he lists
lentils and meats and such that you can eat with little worry

www.mendosa.com

enjoy!

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Tiger Lily > wrote:

> >> Okra?

> > Wow! Surprised I didn't have that on the list, as I love it and Jun
> > uses it a lot! Added to the list. Thanks a lot. <smooch>
> >

> David Mendosa puts a lot more foods on his 'free' list, as he lists
> lentils and meats and such that you can eat with little worry
>
> www.mendosa.com

Thanks, Kate. I've been to Mendosa's web site, which is quite good. I was
just trying to make a shopping list of fruit and veggies for my wife and
daughter to pick from, of stuff I like that won't hurt me.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 13:46:02 -0500, "Stormmee"
> > wrote:
>
>>its a green and has a very strong flavor, a sort of rougher version of
>>spinach or kale... the song polk salad annie imortalized it... it usually
>>grows wild but you can sometimes get it at farmer's markets... i love
>>every
>>green there is and my grandmother would make wilted greens...
>>
>>you fry bacon and onions, and mixe in a couple of boiled eggs then set
>>that
>>aside you put the greens into the skillet with a little of the bacon
>>grease
>>just to barely heat then pour over the bacon mix and stir, turn off the
>>heat
>>and cover, s/p to taste. Lee

> Heh - thanks, Bill and Lee!
>
> I used that recipe for cavalo nero tonight, as it happens - yum.
>
> I guess polk = the Cypriot "horta" - anything wild? I often eat
> nettles and lambs' lettuce I pick, but that doesn't sound right?
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 150ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26

The poke weed I remember has rather thick stems and grows a
few feet high. Often grows in untended areas near houses. I
THINK I've read that the stems are edible if you get them early
enough in the season, well before it starts growing the dark purple
berries; however, I've never tried it.

Robert Miles

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer IanG Asian Cooking 4 05-11-2013 07:17 PM
has anyone seen nick Storrmmee Diabetic 2 10-01-2011 04:00 PM
Good toaster oven for roasting vegetables? Dwayne Hoover General Cooking 21 03-10-2006 03:36 AM
need a nick Ol' Hippie Barbecue 37 22-10-2004 03:40 AM