Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I need to eat more pasta.

Yesterday, I was sweating and had the shakes when I got up. My FBG was 44.
I immediately ate a heaping tsp of granulated sugar, which brought it up to
86.

I've now cut back on my Thai herbs from 500 mg morning and night to 200.

Today, I had pan fried asparagus & mushrooms, with a little sweet sausage
and a lot of grated Asiago. Sauce was mayo. 2 Tbs of watermelon for
dessert. Geshmacked! BG before 65. One hour after, 71.

A slice of peperoni pizza would be nice about now. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 20 Aug 2009 01:44:28 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Yesterday, I was sweating and had the shakes when I got up. My FBG was 44.
>I immediately ate a heaping tsp of granulated sugar, which brought it up to
>86.
>
>I've now cut back on my Thai herbs from 500 mg morning and night to 200.

Given that a lot of these herbal remedies are beta cell pushers - I'd
want to know exactly what they did before going near them.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >Yesterday, I was sweating and had the shakes when I got up. My FBG was
> >44. I immediately ate a heaping tsp of granulated sugar, which brought
> >it up to 86.
> >
> >I've now cut back on my Thai herbs from 500 mg morning and night to 200.

> Given that a lot of these herbal remedies are beta cell pushers - I'd
> want to know exactly what they did before going near them.

Understood, Nicky. I mostly take the leaves of Andrographis Paniculata.
Sometimes, I get bitter melon in soups, which I love. A rare treat is
blanched neem siamensis dipped in Jun's Thai hot sauce. They are all bitter
and considered "cold" in Asian folk medicine. I've come to like their
bitterness.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 21 Aug 2009 03:17:49 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Nicky > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>>
>> >Yesterday, I was sweating and had the shakes when I got up. My FBG was
>> >44. I immediately ate a heaping tsp of granulated sugar, which brought
>> >it up to 86.
>> >
>> >I've now cut back on my Thai herbs from 500 mg morning and night to 200.

>> Given that a lot of these herbal remedies are beta cell pushers - I'd
>> want to know exactly what they did before going near them.

>Understood, Nicky. I mostly take the leaves of Andrographis Paniculata.
>Sometimes, I get bitter melon in soups, which I love. A rare treat is
>blanched neem siamensis dipped in Jun's Thai hot sauce. They are all bitter
>and considered "cold" in Asian folk medicine. I've come to like their
>bitterness.

Bitter melon is a straight - but mild - beta pusher. Neem does all
kinds of things. No idea on the Andrographis Paniculata. hope the
reduction in dose has done the trick... I know what you mean on the
bitterness. I'm rather fond of bitter melon myself - I use an Indian
pickle recipe for preference, it's "karela" over there.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 21 Aug 2009 03:17:49 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> >Nicky > wrote:

> >> Given that a lot of these herbal remedies are beta cell pushers - I'd
> >> want to know exactly what they did before going near them.

> >Understood, Nicky. I mostly take the leaves of Andrographis Paniculata.
> >Sometimes, I get bitter melon in soups, which I love. A rare treat is
> >blanched neem siamensis dipped in Jun's Thai hot sauce. They are all
> >bitter and considered "cold" in Asian folk medicine. I've come to like
> >their bitterness.

> Bitter melon is a straight - but mild - beta pusher. Neem does all
> kinds of things. No idea on the Andrographis Paniculata. hope the
> reduction in dose has done the trick... I know what you mean on the
> bitterness. I'm rather fond of bitter melon myself - I use an Indian
> pickle recipe for preference, it's "karela" over there.

Neem is called Sadau in Thai. Andrographis Paniculata is Fatalajon; widely
used from China to India, with different names.

FBG's have been in the 60's to 80's. Jun says I don't eat enough. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

WTF-Pasta Dimitri General Cooking 35 14-09-2008 06:18 AM
Pasta B.L.T. Duckie ® Recipes 0 08-12-2005 04:14 PM
Pasta alla Posillipo (Pasta with Mixed Seafood) Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 12:27 PM
Pasta Alla Checca (pasta With Steeped Tomato 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 11:26 PM