Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default dental brainstorming

OK, I have a three-hour appointment on Wednesday morning for some dental
implants. Normally, I'd have no problem eating a good breakfast at 8 and
not eating again until 1 or 2; I'd be hungry, but not hypo. But the
dental work is potentially stressful, so I can imagine a reactive low.
The oral surgeon said that pauses in the procedure will be fine, so I
can test (I'll bring my meter), but I want to bring stuff with me in
case I do run low. Normally, I'd grab a piece of fruit if I feel low,
but that won't work. I don't have juice in the fridge, as I never drink
it. (I drink water, coffee, iced tea, or fresh lemon- or limeade with
artificial sweetener.) My only option, aside from buying fruit juice, is
to steal some sugar packets from the break room at work and make some
limeade (I have a bag of limes). And, since I have fresh blueberries, I
can make a blueberry smoothy in case I feel I should eat something
before I drive home (I have been told that I'll be able to drive myself,
and I have a friend on call in case I don't feel OK about the driving).
Any other suggestions? Anything I'm not thinking of?

Thanks much.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> OK, I have a three-hour appointment on Wednesday morning for some dental
> implants. Normally, I'd have no problem eating a good breakfast at 8 and
> not eating again until 1 or 2; I'd be hungry, but not hypo. But the
> dental work is potentially stressful, so I can imagine a reactive low.
> The oral surgeon said that pauses in the procedure will be fine, so I
> can test (I'll bring my meter), but I want to bring stuff with me in
> case I do run low. Normally, I'd grab a piece of fruit if I feel low,
> but that won't work. I don't have juice in the fridge, as I never drink
> it. (I drink water, coffee, iced tea, or fresh lemon- or limeade with
> artificial sweetener.) My only option, aside from buying fruit juice, is
> to steal some sugar packets from the break room at work and make some
> limeade (I have a bag of limes). And, since I have fresh blueberries, I
> can make a blueberry smoothy in case I feel I should eat something
> before I drive home (I have been told that I'll be able to drive myself,
> and I have a friend on call in case I don't feel OK about the driving).
> Any other suggestions? Anything I'm not thinking of?
>
> Thanks much.

I would buy some fruit juice. You can get a three pack of organic juice or
Tree Top apple juice boxes. Or a single bottle of some sort of juice. The
juice boxes keep for a long time though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> > OK, I have a three-hour appointment on Wednesday morning for some dental
> > implants. Normally, I'd have no problem eating a good breakfast at 8 and
> > not eating again until 1 or 2; I'd be hungry, but not hypo. But the
> > dental work is potentially stressful, so I can imagine a reactive low.
> > The oral surgeon said that pauses in the procedure will be fine, so I
> > can test (I'll bring my meter), but I want to bring stuff with me in
> > case I do run low. Normally, I'd grab a piece of fruit if I feel low,
> > but that won't work. I don't have juice in the fridge, as I never drink
> > it. (I drink water, coffee, iced tea, or fresh lemon- or limeade with
> > artificial sweetener.) My only option, aside from buying fruit juice, is
> > to steal some sugar packets from the break room at work and make some
> > limeade (I have a bag of limes). And, since I have fresh blueberries, I
> > can make a blueberry smoothy in case I feel I should eat something
> > before I drive home (I have been told that I'll be able to drive myself,
> > and I have a friend on call in case I don't feel OK about the driving).
> > Any other suggestions? Anything I'm not thinking of?
> >
> > Thanks much.

> I would buy some fruit juice. You can get a three pack of organic juice or
> Tree Top apple juice boxes. Or a single bottle of some sort of juice. The
> juice boxes keep for a long time though.

Last time I bought juice boxes was five years ago, and I never used them!

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
>> > OK, I have a three-hour appointment on Wednesday morning for some
>> > dental
>> > implants. Normally, I'd have no problem eating a good breakfast at 8
>> > and
>> > not eating again until 1 or 2; I'd be hungry, but not hypo. But the
>> > dental work is potentially stressful, so I can imagine a reactive low.
>> > The oral surgeon said that pauses in the procedure will be fine, so I
>> > can test (I'll bring my meter), but I want to bring stuff with me in
>> > case I do run low. Normally, I'd grab a piece of fruit if I feel low,
>> > but that won't work. I don't have juice in the fridge, as I never drink
>> > it. (I drink water, coffee, iced tea, or fresh lemon- or limeade with
>> > artificial sweetener.) My only option, aside from buying fruit juice,
>> > is
>> > to steal some sugar packets from the break room at work and make some
>> > limeade (I have a bag of limes). And, since I have fresh blueberries, I
>> > can make a blueberry smoothy in case I feel I should eat something
>> > before I drive home (I have been told that I'll be able to drive
>> > myself,
>> > and I have a friend on call in case I don't feel OK about the driving).
>> > Any other suggestions? Anything I'm not thinking of?
>> >
>> > Thanks much.

>> I would buy some fruit juice. You can get a three pack of organic juice
>> or
>> Tree Top apple juice boxes. Or a single bottle of some sort of juice.
>> The
>> juice boxes keep for a long time though.

> Last time I bought juice boxes was five years ago, and I never used them!

Donate them to the needy if you don't use them. It's not a big deal. Juice
is cheap!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 12 Jul 2009 22:05:36 -0400, Alice Faber >
wrote:

>OK, I have a three-hour appointment on Wednesday morning for some dental
>implants.

Bleagh! No input to the problem - I'd buy juice too, and I like your
blueberry smoothie idea - but good luck with the procedure!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26