Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Food for the 4th?

I am tossing around ideas for what to make this year. Am going to Costco
tomorrow so will pick up some hotdogs and will probably make those for lunch
along with some baked beans. I got some (also from Costco) that are canned
and not as high in carbs as some baked beans can be. I don't eat lunch any
more but will probably have a few bites of the beans around that time to
tide me over. It's supposed to be hot that day and I don't want to be
cooking. Can do those things in the microwave.

For dinner I was thinking of a modification of this recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Romaine...ad/Detail.aspx

As written, 80 g of carbs per serving would be too rich for my blood! It
also (if I am figuring it right) would amount to about 2 cups of rice per
person! So I plan to use half the amount of rice, probably double the
amount of tuna, increase the amount of carrots, perhaps use spinach instead
of lettuce (whatever Angela wants), and add some slices of tomato (or grape
tomatoes), cucumber and black olives.

I hope this salad is as good as they say. I have had really good luck with
this website when I use the 4 star or better recipes.

Might also make some of the new Betty Crocker gluten free brownies for
Angela.

What are you going to make?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jul 1, 12:08*am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I am tossing around ideas for what to make this year. *Am going to Costco
> tomorrow so will pick up some hotdogs and will probably make those for lunch
> along with some baked beans. *I got some (also from Costco) that are canned
> and not as high in carbs as some baked beans can be. *I don't eat lunch any
> more but will probably have a few bites of the beans around that time to
> tide me over. *It's supposed to be hot that day and I don't want to be
> cooking. *Can do those things in the microwave.
>
> For dinner I was thinking of a modification of this recipe.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Romaine...ad/Detail.aspx
>
> As written, 80 g of carbs per serving would be too rich for my blood! *It
> also (if I am figuring it right) would amount to about 2 cups of rice per
> person! *So I plan to use half the amount of rice, probably double the
> amount of tuna, increase the amount of carrots, perhaps use spinach instead
> of lettuce (whatever Angela wants), and add some slices of tomato (or grape
> tomatoes), cucumber and black olives.
>
> I hope this salad is as good as they say. *I have had really good luck with
> this website when I use the 4 star or better recipes.
>
> Might also make some of the new Betty Crocker gluten free brownies for
> Angela.
>
> What are you going to make?

Sounds like a receipe that you can adjust to your tastes. I might
replace a lot of the rice with cauliflower if I made it.

I was thinking about making some kind of nut-vegetable-meat stir fry
with lettuce wraps for the 4th. It's really hot here so I don't want
to spend ore than a few minutes around an open flame, lol. Plus, for
once, iceberg lettuce sounds good to me.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" > wrote in message

I was thinking about making some kind of nut-vegetable-meat stir fry
with lettuce wraps for the 4th. It's really hot here so I don't want
to spend ore than a few minutes around an open flame, lol. Plus, for
once, iceberg lettuce sounds good to me.

==========

We have a couple of friends coming, just going to BBQ hot dogs from the
butcher store, they make a really good smoked type that everyone likes. Also
making mac salad, cauliflower salad, baked beans, and Myra's Cheesecake. No
bun for me, and only cauliflower salad, but I will look forward to the
cheesecake, and one bottle of Miller Chill with the bunless hot dog. Have a
great 4th Rica. Yes, it's been hot, but cooling a bit...thankfully. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" > wrote in message
On Jul 1, 12:08 am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I am tossing around ideas for what to make this year. Am going to Costco
> tomorrow so will pick up some hotdogs and will probably make those for
> lunch
> along with some baked beans. I got some (also from Costco) that are canned
> and not as high in carbs as some baked beans can be. I don't eat lunch any
> more but will probably have a few bites of the beans around that time to
> tide me over. It's supposed to be hot that day and I don't want to be
> cooking. Can do those things in the microwave.
>
> For dinner I was thinking of a modification of this recipe.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Romaine...ad/Detail.aspx
>
> As written, 80 g of carbs per serving would be too rich for my blood! It
> also (if I am figuring it right) would amount to about 2 cups of rice per
> person! So I plan to use half the amount of rice, probably double the
> amount of tuna, increase the amount of carrots, perhaps use spinach
> instead
> of lettuce (whatever Angela wants), and add some slices of tomato (or
> grape
> tomatoes), cucumber and black olives.
>
> I hope this salad is as good as they say. I have had really good luck with
> this website when I use the 4 star or better recipes.
>
> Might also make some of the new Betty Crocker gluten free brownies for
> Angela.
>
> What are you going to make?

Sounds like a receipe that you can adjust to your tastes. I might
replace a lot of the rice with cauliflower if I made it.

I was thinking about making some kind of nut-vegetable-meat stir fry
with lettuce wraps for the 4th. It's really hot here so I don't want
to spend ore than a few minutes around an open flame, lol. Plus, for
once, iceberg lettuce sounds good to me.

Sounds good!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jul 1, 10:03*am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "Ricavito" > wrote in message

> I was thinking about making some kind of nut-vegetable-meat stir fry
> with lettuce wraps for the 4th. *It's really hot here so I don't want
> to spend ore than a few minutes around an open flame, lol. *Plus, for
> once, iceberg lettuce sounds good to me.
>
> ==========
>
> We have a couple of friends coming, *just going to BBQ hot dogs from the
> butcher store, they make a really good smoked type that everyone likes. Also
> making mac salad, cauliflower salad, baked beans, and Myra's Cheesecake. No
> bun for me, and only cauliflower salad, but I will look forward to the
> cheesecake, and one bottle of Miller Chill with the bunless hot dog. Have a
> great 4th Rica. Yes, it's been hot, but cooling a bit...thankfully. :-)
>
> Cheri

Well forget my lettuce wraps, I'm coming to your house! I learned to
enjoy my turkey sausage or hamburger without the bun too once I
learned the mustard would stay on without it, lol. So what's this
Myra's cheesecake? I have some almond meal flour and cream cheese
just wasting away in the fridge.

Actually, my DH made savory almond flour waffles a few Sunday's ago
that were great. Not low calorie, but certainly low carb and a nice
breakfast treat for the weekend.

We're heading to Russian River on Friday to visit friends, and I plan
to spend part of it sitting up to my neck in the river with a bottle
(or two, but no more) of hard lemonade. Hope you have a fun barbeque
and a great fourth mon Cherie!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ricavito > wrote:
> On Jul 1, 10:03=A0am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> > "Ricavito" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]

I'll be spending the evening sitting on a lawn chair in my front yard,
watching the fireworks, watering hose at the ready and wearing a K-pot.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ricavito" > wrote in message
On Jul 1, 10:03 am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> "Ricavito" > wrote in message

> I was thinking about making some kind of nut-vegetable-meat stir fry
> with lettuce wraps for the 4th. It's really hot here so I don't want
> to spend ore than a few minutes around an open flame, lol. Plus, for
> once, iceberg lettuce sounds good to me.
>
> ==========
>
> We have a couple of friends coming, just going to BBQ hot dogs from the
> butcher store, they make a really good smoked type that everyone likes.
> Also
> making mac salad, cauliflower salad, baked beans, and Myra's Cheesecake.
> No
> bun for me, and only cauliflower salad, but I will look forward to the
> cheesecake, and one bottle of Miller Chill with the bunless hot dog. Have
> great 4th Rica. Yes, it's been hot, but cooling a bit...thankfully. :-)
>
> Cheri

Well forget my lettuce wraps, I'm coming to your house! I learned to
enjoy my turkey sausage or hamburger without the bun too once I
learned the mustard would stay on without it, lol. So what's this
Myra's cheesecake? I have some almond meal flour and cream cheese
just wasting away in the fridge.

Actually, my DH made savory almond flour waffles a few Sunday's ago
that were great. Not low calorie, but certainly low carb and a nice
breakfast treat for the weekend.

We're heading to Russian River on Friday to visit friends, and I plan
to spend part of it sitting up to my neck in the river with a bottle
(or two, but no more) of hard lemonade. Hope you have a fun barbeque
and a great fourth mon Cherie!

===========

Here's her recipe Rica, it's sooooooooo good.

Myra's New York-Style Cheesecake

Crust:

1 1/4 cups finely ground almonds

OR

1 1/4 cups finely ground cashews

Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Topping:

2 cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar

Filling:

3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla

In a bowl, combine the almonds (or cashews), 1 tablespoon sweetener and
melted butter until combined. Press into bottom of a 9-inch springform pan.
Chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes. In a bowl, mix the sour
cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1 tablespoon sweetener until well combined.
Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate. In a large bowl, beat the cream
cheese and 1 cup sweetener until fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time,
blending well after each addition. Blend in the remaining 1 teaspoon
vanilla.

Pour the cream cheese mixture into the springform pan, and bake at 350
degree for 50 minutes or until a knife inserted halfway between the edge and
centre comes clean. With a spatula, spread the sour cream mixture over the
top, making sure you reach to the edges of the pan. Return cake to oven and
bake an additional 5 minutes. Remove cake from oven, allow to cool to room
temperature (cake will settle in the pan). Slide a knife around the edge of
the cake to loosen it, then remove the springform ring. Keep chilled in the
refrigerator.

Makes 16 servings, about 5 grams of carbs per serving if made with almonds,
and 7.2 grams per serving if made with cashews.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I am tossing around ideas for what to make this year. Am going to Costco
>tomorrow so will pick up some hotdogs and will probably make those for
>lunch along with some baked beans. I got some (also from Costco) that are
>canned and not as high in carbs as some baked beans can be. I don't eat
>lunch any more but will probably have a few bites of the beans around that
>time to tide me over. It's supposed to be hot that day and I don't want to
>be cooking. Can do those things in the microwave.
>
> For dinner I was thinking of a modification of this recipe.
>
> http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Romaine...ad/Detail.aspx
>
> As written, 80 g of carbs per serving would be too rich for my blood! It
> also (if I am figuring it right) would amount to about 2 cups of rice per
> person! So I plan to use half the amount of rice, probably double the
> amount of tuna, increase the amount of carrots, perhaps use spinach
> instead of lettuce (whatever Angela wants), and add some slices of tomato
> (or grape tomatoes), cucumber and black olives.
>
> I hope this salad is as good as they say. I have had really good luck
> with this website when I use the 4 star or better recipes.
>
> Might also make some of the new Betty Crocker gluten free brownies for
> Angela.
>
> What are you going to make?

Don't know what we are doing. We usually go out to dinner on Saturdays...we
may have the kids over for a cookout Maybe Hamburgers and Hot Dogs....Potato
Salad...Beans ...and Fresh Veggies. They will go on to the fireworks...we
will not fight the traffic and will sit on our front porch and watch all of
the fireworks in the Tucson and Sahuarita Valley. We can usually see four to
five shows. If we don't have a storm...the Monsoons are here.
Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Ricavito > wrote:
>> On Jul 1, 10:03=A0am, "Cheri" > wrote:
>> > "Ricavito" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]

> I'll be spending the evening sitting on a lawn chair in my front yard,
> watching the fireworks, watering hose at the ready and wearing a K-pot.

What's a K-pot?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri > wrote:
: ===========

: Here's her recipe Rica, it's sooooooooo good.

: Myra's New York-Style Cheesecake

: Crust:

: 1 1/4 cups finely ground almonds

: OR

: 1 1/4 cups finely ground cashews

: Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar
: 6 tablespoons butter, melted

: Topping:

: 2 cups sour cream (16 oz. container)
: 1 teaspoon vanilla
: Sweetener equal to 1 tablespoon sugar

: Filling:

: 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
: Sweetener equivalent to 1 cup sugar
: 4 eggs
: 1 teaspoon vanilla

: Makes 16 servings, about 5 grams of carbs per serving if made with almonds,
: and 7.2 grams per serving if made with cashews.

I m ake a similar cheesecake, but use ground walnuts. I find hat they are
oily enough to not need any extra butter or oil, just a small amount of
sweetener(Splenda in my case). In addition, adding some lemonn juice and
zest gives it a great tang.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Ricavito > wrote:

> > I'll be spending the evening sitting on a lawn chair in my front yard,
> > watching the fireworks, watering hose at the ready and wearing a K-pot.

> What's a K-pot?

Marine Corps helmet. A few people have been killed by bullets falling out
of the sky after some idiot fires a gun into the air.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> What are you going to make?

I don't really do anything for the 4th, but it's been so cold and rainy
in Boston for the past month+ that I think I may make some tuna noodle
casserole with Carba Nada noodles. *sigh*

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> What are you going to make?

> I don't really do anything for the 4th, but it's been so cold and rainy
> in Boston for the past month+ that I think I may make some tuna noodle
> casserole with Carba Nada noodles. *sigh*
>
> PP

This morning I consulted my weather widget (free from Yahoo widgets) and it
said that it was going to be a bit rainy (again) today, but that the weekend
would be sunny. A few hours later that all changed and now it is expected
to rain yet again! We are waterlogged!

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> >
>> > I'll be spending the evening sitting on a lawn chair in my front yard,
>> > watching the fireworks, watering hose at the ready and wearing a K-pot.

>> What's a K-pot?

> Marine Corps helmet. A few people have been killed by bullets falling out
> of the sky after some idiot fires a gun into the air.

Oh. Okay.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> What are you going to make?

> I don't really do anything for the 4th, but it's been so cold and rainy
> in Boston for the past month+ that I think I may make some tuna noodle
> casserole with Carba Nada noodles. *sigh*

Yum!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...

> We lived in Florida for 6 years...I hated the humid months. Here in the
> desert it is pretty hot and this time of year we get the Monsoon Storms up
> from Mexico. We get good humidity and rain....which is much needed here.
> Unfortunately not all of the valley gets rain when the storms roll in but
> everybody gets the left over humidity. I always have a hard time taking
> deep breaths when it is humid...like the air doesn't get to the bottom of
> my lungs...it's hard to explain.
> My Mother and Sister both had and have late onset asthma.... My sister was
> in her 20's when hers started, my Mother was in her 40's. The humidity was
> always worse for them....probably the molds.

My mom was in her 60's when hers started. It all began when we left our
military housing in Alameda. They were very picky there and unlike other
places where we lived, we could not pay money to someone to have it cleaned.
Well, we could, but it would not pass inspection. In fact nothing ever
passed inspection and they always kept people a day or two longer to clean
more little picky things. Our bath tub had been stained when we moved in
and based on the inspections we knew about, we knew that if we didn't get
the staining out, we wouldn't pass.

I bought several products, some of them caustic and some of them requiring
special instructions. My husband didn't read the directions and mixed
things together. He did not use protective gear or provide ventilation and
we all wound up getting very ill because of it. I think Angela fared best
because my parents took turns taking her outside to play. I don't remember
her having to go to the Dr., but the rest of us did. My dad and I had sinus
infections that lasted for months. My mom's went into asthma. Can't
remember exactly what happened to husband but I know he had a trip to
medical before he left the state.

Since then my mom can not be around bleach at all. Sets off an asthma
attack for her, and it's even quicker if the bleach is used in hot water.
My dad was using bleach and water for something outside and the window was
open in the room we were in. The fumes came in and she was scrambling for
her inhaler.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > In article >,
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> >
> >> What are you going to make?

> > I don't really do anything for the 4th, but it's been so cold and rainy
> > in Boston for the past month+ that I think I may make some tuna noodle
> > casserole with Carba Nada noodles. *sigh*
> >
> > PP

> This morning I consulted my weather widget (free from Yahoo widgets) and it
> said that it was going to be a bit rainy (again) today, but that the weekend
> would be sunny. A few hours later that all changed and now it is expected
> to rain yet again! We are waterlogged!

A barbeque I was invited to for Saturday was cancelled because their
backyard was a swamp and the forecast was for more rain.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>> We lived in Florida for 6 years...I hated the humid months. Here in the
>> desert it is pretty hot and this time of year we get the Monsoon Storms
>> up from Mexico. We get good humidity and rain....which is much needed
>> here. Unfortunately not all of the valley gets rain when the storms roll
>> in but everybody gets the left over humidity. I always have a hard time
>> taking deep breaths when it is humid...like the air doesn't get to the
>> bottom of my lungs...it's hard to explain.
>> My Mother and Sister both had and have late onset asthma.... My sister
>> was in her 20's when hers started, my Mother was in her 40's. The
>> humidity was always worse for them....probably the molds.

> My mom was in her 60's when hers started. It all began when we left our
> military housing in Alameda. They were very picky there and unlike other
> places where we lived, we could not pay money to someone to have it
> cleaned. Well, we could, but it would not pass inspection. In fact
> nothing ever passed inspection and they always kept people a day or two
> longer to clean more little picky things. Our bath tub had been stained
> when we moved in and based on the inspections we knew about, we knew that
> if we didn't get the staining out, we wouldn't pass.
>
> I bought several products, some of them caustic and some of them requiring
> special instructions. My husband didn't read the directions and mixed
> things together. He did not use protective gear or provide ventilation
> and we all wound up getting very ill because of it. I think Angela fared
> best because my parents took turns taking her outside to play. I don't
> remember her having to go to the Dr., but the rest of us did. My dad and
> I had sinus infections that lasted for months. My mom's went into asthma.
> Can't remember exactly what happened to husband but I know he had a trip
> to medical before he left the state.
>
> Since then my mom can not be around bleach at all. Sets off an asthma
> attack for her, and it's even quicker if the bleach is used in hot water.
> My dad was using bleach and water for something outside and the window was
> open in the room we were in. The fumes came in and she was scrambling for
> her inhaler.

If you mix bleach and ammonia together they form a toxic gas, which is the
same stuff they use in the gas chamber to execute people. Gotta really be
careful what products to mix together in cleaning!
--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>
>>> We lived in Florida for 6 years...I hated the humid months. Here in the
>>> desert it is pretty hot and this time of year we get the Monsoon Storms
>>> up from Mexico. We get good humidity and rain....which is much needed
>>> here. Unfortunately not all of the valley gets rain when the storms roll
>>> in but everybody gets the left over humidity. I always have a hard time
>>> taking deep breaths when it is humid...like the air doesn't get to the
>>> bottom of my lungs...it's hard to explain.
>>> My Mother and Sister both had and have late onset asthma.... My sister
>>> was in her 20's when hers started, my Mother was in her 40's. The
>>> humidity was always worse for them....probably the molds.

>> My mom was in her 60's when hers started. It all began when we left our
>> military housing in Alameda. They were very picky there and unlike other
>> places where we lived, we could not pay money to someone to have it
>> cleaned. Well, we could, but it would not pass inspection. In fact
>> nothing ever passed inspection and they always kept people a day or two
>> longer to clean more little picky things. Our bath tub had been stained
>> when we moved in and based on the inspections we knew about, we knew that
>> if we didn't get the staining out, we wouldn't pass.
>>
>> I bought several products, some of them caustic and some of them
>> requiring special instructions. My husband didn't read the directions
>> and mixed things together. He did not use protective gear or provide
>> ventilation and we all wound up getting very ill because of it. I think
>> Angela fared best because my parents took turns taking her outside to
>> play. I don't remember her having to go to the Dr., but the rest of us
>> did. My dad and I had sinus infections that lasted for months. My mom's
>> went into asthma. Can't remember exactly what happened to husband but I
>> know he had a trip to medical before he left the state.
>>
>> Since then my mom can not be around bleach at all. Sets off an asthma
>> attack for her, and it's even quicker if the bleach is used in hot water.
>> My dad was using bleach and water for something outside and the window
>> was open in the room we were in. The fumes came in and she was
>> scrambling for her inhaler.

> If you mix bleach and ammonia together they form a toxic gas, which is the
> same stuff they use in the gas chamber to execute people. Gotta really
> be careful what products to mix together in cleaning!

Yes, I know. I can't remember what chemicals were in there but there were
all kinds of cautions he didn't read.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

>>> We lived in Florida for 6 years...I hated the humid months. Here in
>>> the desert it is pretty hot and this time of year we get the Monsoon
>>> Storms up from Mexico. We get good humidity and rain....which is much
>>> needed here. Unfortunately not all of the valley gets rain when the
>>> storms roll in but everybody gets the left over humidity. I always
>>> have a hard time taking deep breaths when it is humid...like the air
>>> doesn't get to the bottom of my lungs...it's hard to explain.
>>> My Mother and Sister both had and have late onset asthma.... My
>>> sister was in her 20's when hers started, my Mother was in her 40's.
>>> The humidity was always worse for them....probably the molds.

>> My mom was in her 60's when hers started. It all began when we left
>> our military housing in Alameda. They were very picky there and
>> unlike other places where we lived, we could not pay money to someone
>> to have it cleaned. Well, we could, but it would not pass inspection.
>> In fact nothing ever passed inspection and they always kept people a
>> day or two longer to clean more little picky things. Our bath tub had
>> been stained when we moved in and based on the inspections we knew
>> about, we knew that if we didn't get the staining out, we wouldn't pass.
>>
>> I bought several products, some of them caustic and some of them
>> requiring special instructions. My husband didn't read the directions
>> and mixed things together. He did not use protective gear or provide
>> ventilation and we all wound up getting very ill because of it. I
>> think Angela fared best because my parents took turns taking her
>> outside to play. I don't remember her having to go to the Dr., but
>> the rest of us did. My dad and I had sinus infections that lasted for
>> months. My mom's went into asthma. Can't remember exactly what
>> happened to husband but I know he had a trip to medical before he left
>> the state.
>>
>> Since then my mom can not be around bleach at all. Sets off an asthma
>> attack for her, and it's even quicker if the bleach is used in hot
>> water. My dad was using bleach and water for something outside and the
>> window was open in the room we were in. The fumes came in and she was
>> scrambling for her inhaler.

> If you mix bleach and ammonia together they form a toxic gas, which is
> the same stuff they use in the gas chamber to execute people. Gotta
> really be careful what products to mix together in cleaning!

A good explanation of why to not mix bleach and ammonia:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/A795611

Most cleaning products say to not mix with bleach; though not as nasty
as ammonia, still not good. I have used industrial 'bleach', about 5
times stronger than household bleach, and can personally vouch that you
do not use paper towels to clean up 'a few drops'. It is a strong
oxidizer, and oxidizing paper is commonly called a fire.

--

I'm glad my Mom named me Aaron,
That's what everybody calls me.