Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I'm trying to cut out sugar and carbs but am addicted to bread.

Whoever suggested the low carb/sugar free flat bread, saved my life,
since I can not imagine a meal without bread. I get a brand name
called FLAT OUT.....they are near our deli section but not
refrigerated when you buy 'em.
I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip in with
pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.
Folks keep telling me it's not that I can't have some of these
foods but it's the amount.

I've randomly been testing my blood sugar since I got my metaformin
and it really is working. I just don't want to 'make' it do all the
work.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> Whoever suggested the low carb/sugar free flat bread, saved my life,
> since I can not imagine a meal without bread. I get a brand name
> called FLAT OUT.....they are near our deli section but not
> refrigerated when you buy 'em.
> I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip in with
> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.
> Folks keep telling me it's not that I can't have some of these
> foods but it's the amount.
>
> I've randomly been testing my blood sugar since I got my metaformin
> and it really is working. I just don't want to 'make' it do all the
> work.

Can't imagine a meal without bread? I never eat bread with my meals, unless
I'm having a sandwich. We never ate it in our house.

As for the Cool Whip, that's not a very healthy thing to be eating.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Can't imagine a meal without bread? I never eat bread with my meals,
> unless I'm having a sandwich. We never ate it in our house.
>
> As for the Cool Whip, that's not a very healthy thing to be eating.

Julie, Sugar-Free Cool Whip doesn't have the partially hydrogenated oils
that the other Cool Whips have. While it still has the same amount of carbs
as the others, at least it doesn't have the trans fats.

Karen
Type 2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Karen in NC" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>>

>> Can't imagine a meal without bread? I never eat bread with my meals,
>> unless I'm having a sandwich. We never ate it in our house.
>>
>> As for the Cool Whip, that's not a very healthy thing to be eating.
>>

> Julie, Sugar-Free Cool Whip doesn't have the partially hydrogenated oils
> that the other Cool Whips have. While it still has the same amount of
> carbs as the others, at least it doesn't have the trans fats.

It doesn't? I just assumed it would. I stand corrected then.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> Whoever suggested the low carb/sugar free flat bread, saved my life,
> since I can not imagine a meal without bread. I get a brand name
> called FLAT OUT.....they are near our deli section but not
> refrigerated when you buy 'em.
> I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip in with
> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.
> Folks keep telling me it's not that I can't have some of these
> foods but it's the amount.
>
> I've randomly been testing my blood sugar since I got my metaformin
> and it really is working. I just don't want to 'make' it do all the
> work.

Hi Robert,

Glad to hear you are adjusting to life as a diabetic. Cool whip mixed with
sugar free jello is pretty tasty too! And of course my own favorite is
sugar free vanilla ice cream with diet root beer to make a diabetic root
beer float. I too have an addictive craving for good bread. But if you
can manage to curb it, you will see a difference in your BG's. I happen
to really enjoy WASA crackers. They are high in fiber and very low in
carbs. If you get the one called sourdough rye, they are quite tasty with
almost anything you want to put on them.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
"Robert of St Louis" > wrote in message
> Whoever suggested the low carb/sugar free flat bread, saved my life,
> since I can not imagine a meal without bread. I get a brand name
> called FLAT OUT.....they are near our deli section but not
> refrigerated when you buy 'em.
> I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip in with
> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.
> Folks keep telling me it's not that I can't have some of these
> foods but it's the amount.
>
> I've randomly been testing my blood sugar since I got my metaformin
> and it really is working. I just don't want to 'make' it do all the
> work.

Hi Robert,

Glad to hear you are adjusting to life as a diabetic. Cool whip mixed with
sugar free jello is pretty tasty too! And of course my own favorite is
sugar free vanilla ice cream with diet root beer to make a diabetic root
beer float. I too have an addictive craving for good bread. But if you
can manage to curb it, you will see a difference in your BG's. I happen
to really enjoy WASA crackers. They are high in fiber and very low in
carbs. If you get the one called sourdough rye, they are quite tasty with
almost anything you want to put on them.

--

Evelyn

"Even as a mother protects with her life her only child, So with a boundless
heart let one cherish all living beings." --Sutta Nipata 1.8

LOL..I was just telling my husband not 10 minutes ago that I was going to
buy some Root Beer and make some floats this week....GMTA...LOL. I like Wasa
crackers with a little bit of Onions and Herbs cream cheese....makes a nice
snack.
Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 15, 7:33*am, Robert of St Louis > wrote:
> * * *I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip *in with
> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.

Think about using Reddi Whip whip instead - it has less calories than
sugar free Cool Whip, and *no* carbs at all!
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 13:39:15 -0700 (PDT), Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
> wrote:

>On Jun 15, 7:33*am, Robert of St Louis > wrote:
>> * * *I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
>> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip *in with
>> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.

>Think about using Reddi Whip whip instead - it has less calories than
>sugar free Cool Whip, and *no* carbs at all!

Why would you guys want to eat anything that from the other side of
the Atlantic sounds so appallingly artificial? Whip some cream, for
heaven's sake...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.2% BMI 26
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley > wrote:
> >On Jun 15, 7:33 am, Robert of St Louis > wrote:
> >> I found out about sugar free COOL WHIP TOO...and according to the
> >> package of sugar free puddings, you can mix the Cool Whip in with
> >> pudding. Now that was comfort food for me.

> >Think about using Reddi Whip whip instead - it has less calories than
> >sugar free Cool Whip, and *no* carbs at all!

> Why would you guys want to eat anything that from the other side of
> the Atlantic sounds so appallingly artificial? Whip some cream, for
> heaven's sake...

Here in the Colonies, Whipping cream is 32% butterfat, heavy cream 36%.
Double cream 52%(?) is available at specialty markets, but pricey. I like
heavy cream. It makes a nice Alfredo sauce, too. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed laughing
gas..lol

save me time whiping it and its the same really.

i was thinking of buying one of thos canisters with the gas cartidges where
u just pour in the cream and it does it same as the cans..

the advantage is i could add splenda to it or cocco poweder/splenda etc for
flavors..tho i like plain cream mostly.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Nicky > wrote:
>> Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley > wrote:
>> >
>> >Think about using Reddi Whip whip instead - it has less calories than
>> >sugar free Cool Whip, and *no* carbs at all!

>> Why would you guys want to eat anything that from the other side of
>> the Atlantic sounds so appallingly artificial? Whip some cream, for
>> heaven's sake...

> Here in the Colonies, Whipping cream is 32% butterfat, heavy cream 36%.
> Double cream 52%(?) is available at specialty markets, but pricey. I like
> heavy cream. It makes a nice Alfredo sauce, too. ;-)
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"krom" > wrote:

> the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed laughing
> gas..lol
>
> save me time whiping it and its the same really.
>

> i was thinking of buying one of thos canisters with the gas cartidges where
> u just pour in the cream and it does it same as the cans..
>
> the advantage is i could add splenda to it or cocco poweder/splenda etc for
> flavors..tho i like plain cream mostly.

How long do the cans keep?

I buy cartons of heavy cream and whip as needed. I can whip a small
amount of cream, as needed, with my mixer or even by hand (the latter
gives me the illusion of exercise counteracting the calories in the
cream!). And, yes, I do often add a drop of vanilla extract or a small
amount of Splenda, depending on what I'm using it for.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "krom" > wrote:
>
>> the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed
>> laughing
>> gas..lol
>>
>> save me time whiping it and its the same really.
>>

>> i was thinking of buying one of thos canisters with the gas cartidges
>> where
>> u just pour in the cream and it does it same as the cans..
>>
>> the advantage is i could add splenda to it or cocco poweder/splenda etc
>> for
>> flavors..tho i like plain cream mostly.

> How long do the cans keep?
>
> I buy cartons of heavy cream and whip as needed. I can whip a small
> amount of cream, as needed, with my mixer or even by hand (the latter
> gives me the illusion of exercise counteracting the calories in the
> cream!). And, yes, I do often add a drop of vanilla extract or a small
> amount of Splenda, depending on what I'm using it for.

In my house they are gone within about two weeks. I don't buy them very
often but husband and daughter love the stuff!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the servers been down a day or so so my reply is late...

the redi whip cans dont last too much longer then the cartons of cream..

if you mean the one where you buy a gas catridge and whip your own...i dunno
i know a coffee shop that uses it..

KROM

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "krom" > wrote:
>
>> the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed
>> laughing
>> gas..lol
>>
>> save me time whiping it and its the same really.
>>

>> i was thinking of buying one of thos canisters with the gas cartidges
>> where
>> u just pour in the cream and it does it same as the cans..
>>
>> the advantage is i could add splenda to it or cocco poweder/splenda etc
>> for
>> flavors..tho i like plain cream mostly.

> How long do the cans keep?
>
> I buy cartons of heavy cream and whip as needed. I can whip a small
> amount of cream, as needed, with my mixer or even by hand (the latter
> gives me the illusion of exercise counteracting the calories in the
> cream!). And, yes, I do often add a drop of vanilla extract or a small
> amount of Splenda, depending on what I'm using it for.
>
> --
> "[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
> This, apparently, upsets the fools."
> ---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"krom" > wrote:

> the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed laughing
> gas..lol

I grew up calling that "Ppfffftt!"

> save me time whiping it and its the same really.
>

> i was thinking of buying one of thos canisters with the gas cartidges where
> u just pour in the cream and it does it same as the cans..
>
> the advantage is i could add splenda to it or cocco poweder/splenda etc for
> flavors..tho i like plain cream mostly.

I used my own canister for a number of years and then got lazy and went
back to Pffftt. I want to get back to using my canister.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I keep looking for a good one like at cooks.com etc..all cost so dang
much..lol..its like tank o gas for car or a whip cream maker...lol.plus if
the company goes under where can u get the gas canisters?..i bet they all
use thier own gas...

plus i think well i can get "pffft" ..hehehe...for dirt cheap on sale and
one can will last me up to 2 months or so...

i think as long as reddi whip makes the real cream version with minimun
carbs that never budges my meter i might as well stick with it..

KROM

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote

>> the can of whip i buy is pretty much just real cream and compressed
>> laughing
>> gas..lol

> I grew up calling that "Ppfffftt!"

<snip>
> I used my own canister for a number of years and then got lazy and went
> back to Pffftt. I want to get back to using my canister.
>
> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 27, 1:09*am, Nicky > wrote:

> Why would you guys want to eat anything that from the other side of
> the Atlantic sounds so appallingly artificial? Whip some cream, for
> heaven's sake...

ReddiWip *is* whipped cream! Cream is the primary ingredient. It comes
in a pressurized container so that no preparation is needed. I don't
see why you think that is "appallingly artificial".
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 1 Jul 2009 19:31:42 -0700 (PDT), Rubaiyat of Omar Bradley
> wrote:

>On Jun 27, 1:09*am, Nicky > wrote:
>>
>> Why would you guys want to eat anything that from the other side of
>> the Atlantic sounds so appallingly artificial? Whip some cream, for
>> heaven's sake...

>ReddiWip *is* whipped cream! Cream is the primary ingredient. It comes
>in a pressurized container so that no preparation is needed. I don't
>see why you think that is "appallingly artificial".

It's symptomatic of how artificial your WOL is that you go for
something whose "primary ingredient" is cream rather than the real
thing; where you choose something pressurised and in sophisticated
packaging rather than a simple tub; and where you can't apparently
take the time to use a hand whisk to whip the stuff yourself. The
environmental costs are huge - and this is just the tip of the
iceberg, I'm sure. No wonder the US has the highest energy cost per
capita in the world.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 150ug thyroxine