Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Skim milk vs Powdered Milk

Susan=what about eggs-their using the substitute eggs-and how much do
you eat a week-cereals???

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks so much=i have so much yo learn

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

When i was tested to see if im diabetic-it came back close-but not
diabetic yet-but she recommended to follow diabetic -she says its the
most healthy-but what is the most critical at the moment is to get my
weight down as soon as i can--so i can get my hip replacement-im worried
about asking for test strips for wondering getting that on my insurance
records.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes i can cook for myself-painful but i can do it

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
(Mary~~ Smokey) wrote:

> Thanks so much=i have so much yo learn

You're welcome.

The thing to remember is that when many of us here started eating to
control our blood glucose, we ended up losing weight. Weight gain can
be a side effect of insulin resistance, which is a hallmark of much type
2 diabetes. Decreasing the amount of carb in our diet weakens insulin
resistance and usually results in weight loss. The hard part is dealing
with friends, family, and advertizing which want us to eat bread,
cookies, potatoes, etc.

Starches and sugars tend to raise our blood glucose. Meats, full-fat
dairy, non-starchy veggies, berries, fats and oils tend not to spike our
BG. Here are some typical meals of mine (when I'm eating the way I try
to):

Breakfast: omelet or scrambled eggs and tea
Lunch: reheated leftovers or sandwich on low-carb bread
Dinner: a good sized portion of cooked meat or fish, and a big pile of
veggies. (I eat a lot of frozen veggies for convenience.)
Dessert: bowl of fresh berries with heavy cream and some artificial
sweetener.
Snack: nuts, berries, olives, pickles, cheese

I'm not perfect, and I've been struggling with the Call of the Carb a
lot the past couple of years, but my first years post diagnosis trained
me in low-carb habits which now stand me in good stead when I'm not
giving into carb cravings.

Good luck!

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks so much to you all helping me-i think after listening to
you--carbs might be my real problem-for breakfast im happy with two
slices of toast-never been a breakfast eater--sandwich or soup my
favorite lunch-and too large portion s of meat when i eat i---love my
meat-ice cream, pudding my desserts

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks so much--im going to take your advice i agree-i like my carbs and
i thought i was eating too much on my own-but my menues were higher yet-

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks so very much~~~~~~ill be checking here often-if i can help in
some way i will be glad too~~~Mary ,Orlando,Fl

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I will check this out i thought i needed a script