FoodBanter.com

-   -   For Robert - diabetic food pyramid (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/172918-robert-diabetic-food-pyramid.html)

Evelyn 29-05-2009 01:52 PM

For Robert - diabetic food pyramid

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eydh77&s=5

--

Evelyn

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech, but
knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

Robert of St Louis 29-05-2009 02:44 PM

On May 29, 7:52*am, "Evelyn" wrote:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eydh77&s=5

--

Evelyn

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech, but
knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

But at the very top of this pyramid is BREAD...OMG...I thought it
would be Ice Cream or Chocolate Cake. I am doomed.

Evelyn 29-05-2009 03:33 PM

"Robert of St Louis" wrote in message
On May 29, 7:52 am, "Evelyn" wrote:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eydh77&s=5

--

Evelyn

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech, but
knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

But at the very top of this pyramid is BREAD...OMG...I thought it
would be Ice Cream or Chocolate Cake. I am doomed.

LOL! unfortunately not! But fear not. There are some good sugar free
ice creams out there!

Janet Wilder[_1_] 29-05-2009 05:29 PM

On May 29, 7:52 am, "Evelyn" wrote:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eydh77&s=5

--

Evelyn

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech,
but
knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

But at the very top of this pyramid is BREAD...OMG...I thought it
would be Ice Cream or Chocolate Cake. I am doomed.

LOL! unfortunately not! But fear not. There are some good sugar
free ice creams out there!

You still have to count those carbs! Milk is high-carb so even
sugar-free ice cream is not low carb. What you should look for is
Carb-Balance ice cream.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Nicky 31-05-2009 05:09 PM

For Robert - diabetic food pyramid

On Fri, 29 May 2009 06:44:25 -0700 (PDT), Robert of St Louis
wrote:

On May 29, 7:52*am, "Evelyn" wrote:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2eydh77&s=5

--

Evelyn

The fool thinks he has won a battle when he bullies with harsh speech, but
knowing how to be forbearing alone makes one victorious.
Samyutta Nikaya I, 163

But at the very top of this pyramid is BREAD...OMG...I thought it
would be Ice Cream or Chocolate Cake. I am doomed.

LOL - Use a flour-free chocolate cake, and make your icecream with
cream and a splash of alcohol (it sets too hard without sugar,
otherwise) and you can have both.

Bread, OTOH, may well be too problematic. I see Alan and Evelyn have
both given you Jennifer's test,test,test advice - how's it going?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25