Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Would you buy produce from Mexico?

I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
oranges from Australia.

Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted not
to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them. So I
decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.

The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but bought
them anyway.

But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said he
thought I shouldn't eat them.

Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
>here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
>oranges from Australia.
>
> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted
> not to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them.
> So I decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>
> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
> bought them anyway.
>
> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said
> he thought I shouldn't eat them.
>
> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

Of course I would eat them. I would wash them on the outside first,
though, like usual. That's not how swine flu is spread, from produce. It
is spread from people coughing in the air.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
> here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
> oranges from Australia.
>
> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted not
> to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them. So I
> decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>
> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but bought
> them anyway.
>
> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said he
> thought I shouldn't eat them.
>
> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
transmitted through contact.

I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 00:34:11 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
>>here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
>>oranges from Australia.
>>
>>Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted
>>not
>>to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them. So I
>>decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>>
>>The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
>>thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
>>bought
>>them anyway.
>>
>>But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said
>>he
>>thought I shouldn't eat them.
>>
>>Would you buy them? Would you eat them?
>>

> I've not seen any reports that imply the virus could be
> spread that way. I doubt that it can.
>
> If ever in any doubt about any veges, spray or wipe them
> lightly with vinegar, let them sit for a short time and then
> rinse well in clean water. If you have any 3% peroxide
> repeat that process using peroxide.
>
> It's a trick I learned on my CLL list for those eating a
> neutropenic diet.

Okay. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
>>here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
>>oranges from Australia.
>>
>> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted
>> not to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them.
>> So I decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>>
>> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
>> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
>> bought them anyway.
>>
>> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said
>> he thought I shouldn't eat them.
>>
>> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

> Of course I would eat them. I would wash them on the outside first,
> though, like usual. That's not how swine flu is spread, from produce.
> It is spread from people coughing in the air.

Okay. Thanks!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
>> here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
>> oranges from Australia.
>>
>> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted
>> not
>> to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them. So I
>> decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>>
>> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
>> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
>> bought
>> them anyway.
>>
>> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and said
>> he
>> thought I shouldn't eat them.
>>
>> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

> Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
> transmitted through contact.
>
> I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
> > Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
> > transmitted through contact.
> >
> > I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

> I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
> saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

Some people don't have the sense they were born with.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>> news
>> > Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
>> > transmitted through contact.
>> >
>> > I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

>> I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
>> saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

> Some people don't have the sense they were born with.

That's what I thought. This person is a lawyer and seems to be overly
cautious about everything!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not
>>> grow
>>> here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
>>> oranges from Australia.
>>>
>>> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I opted
>>> not
>>> to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them. So
>>> decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
>>>
>>> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
>>> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
>>> bought
>>> them anyway.
>>>
>>> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and
>>> said he
>>> thought I shouldn't eat them.
>>>
>>> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?

>> Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
>> transmitted through contact.
>>
>> I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

> I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
> saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

Julie that person doesn't have a clue. Don't worry. Wash them and use
them as usual. The flu (of any kind) is not transmitted through meat or on
produce. It is transmitted from people sneezing and coughing droplets of
germy spray in the air. That is the same for all kinds of flu.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>>
>>> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
>>> news >>> > Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was

>>> I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
>>> saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

>> Some people don't have the sense they were born with.

> That's what I thought. This person is a lawyer and seems to be overly
> cautious about everything!

They may be smart about the law, but not about the flu or how it is
transmitted!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
: news : > In article >,
: > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
: >
: >> I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not grow
: >> here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've seen
: >> oranges from Australia.
: >>
[...]

Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the TV
keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they do
this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that is
why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds of
nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines, etc. I
suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico too.
that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to conclucions.

Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico too.
> that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to conclucions.

You'd do better to avoid the grandmother right now, than the tomatoes. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> : news > : > In article >,
> : > "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> : >
> : >> I try to buy organic and local when I can. Obviously bananas do not
> grow
> : >> here and for some reason our grapes are mostly from Mexico. I've
> seen
> : >> oranges from Australia.
> : >>
> : >> Because the other two who live here are going camping this week, I
> opted
> : >> not
> : >> to buy a box of produce. But they need to bring a lunch with them.
> So I
> : >> decided to get tomatoes and lettuce to put on the sandwiches.
> : >>
> : >> The only organic tomatoes this store had were from Mexico. I sort of
> : >> thought twice before buying them because of this swine flu thing, but
> : >> bought
> : >> them anyway.
> : >>
> : >> But then someone I was talking to online freaked when I told him and
> said
> : >> he
> : >> thought I shouldn't eat them.
> : >>
> : >> Would you buy them? Would you eat them?
> : >
> : > Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
> : > transmitted through contact.
> : >
> : > I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.
>
> : I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
> : saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.
>
> Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the TV
> keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they do
> this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that is
> why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds of
> nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines, etc. I
> suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico too.
> that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to conclucions.
>
> Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists

Well said, Wendy!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message

> Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the TV
> keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they do
> this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that is
> why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds of
> nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines, etc. I
> suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico too.
> that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to conclucions.
>
> Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists

No I haven't heard anything on TV about swine flu. But then I don't watch
much TV.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Peppermint Patootie > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
> > "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> > news
> > > Is Swine flu transmitted on produce? I'd thought that it was
> > > transmitted through contact.
> > >
> > > I'd wash the tomatoes and then eat them.

> > I thought so too. But this person was so freaked out about it and kept
> > saying I shouldn't have bought them to begin with.

> Some people don't have the sense they were born with.

Assuming facts not in evidence...

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Alan S > wrote:

> >> Some people don't have the sense they were born with.
> >>

> >Assuming facts not in evidence...

> That they were born with any sense at all? :-)

Pretty much, yeah.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove > wrote:

: "W. Baker" > wrote in message
: ...

: > Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the TV
: > keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they do
: > this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that is
: > why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds of
: > nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines, etc. I
: > suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico too.
: > that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to conclucions.
: >
: > Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists

: No I haven't heard anything on TV about swine flu. But then I don't watch
: much TV.
Where do you get your news?

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove > wrote:
>
> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> : ...
>
> : > Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the
> TV
> : > keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they
> do
> : > this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that
> is
> : > why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds of
> : > nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines,
> etc. I
> : > suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico
> too.
> : > that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to
> conclucions.
> : >
> : > Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists
>
> : No I haven't heard anything on TV about swine flu. But then I don't
> watch
> : much TV.
> Where do you get your news?

I don't get it, except for whatever is on the opening page of my ISP's
homepage.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

The Swine Flu outbreak is all over the Internet News. AZ got it's first case
yesterday.....I knew it would hit here pretty soon as the border is just
down the road and we have Mexicans crossing it every day.

Jacquie

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove > wrote:
>>
>> : "W. Baker" > wrote in message
>> : ...
>>
>> : > Peope freak out about all kinds of things. Have you noticed that the
>> TV
>> : > keeps telling us that you can't get swine flu form eating pork? they
>> do
>> : > this because idiots will think everything will be contaminated. that
>> is
>> : > why helth officials are so hesitant to send out alerts. All kinds
>> of
>> : > nuts strt worrying and filling up emergency rooms and phone lines,
>> etc. I
>> : > suppose you should avoid someone whose Grandmother came from Mexico
>> too.
>> : > that is the kind of thing that happens when people jump to
>> conclucions.
>> : >
>> : > Wendy-kind of fed up with alarmists
>>
>> : No I haven't heard anything on TV about swine flu. But then I don't
>> watch
>> : much TV.
>> Where do you get your news?

> I don't get it, except for whatever is on the opening page of my ISP's
> homepage.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the first cases here were frat boys bringing it back from cancun...not
mexicans crossing the boarder.

Alot of talk radio types are trying to blame illigal imagrants for this
outbreak..just isnt so.

KROM

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> The Swine Flu outbreak is all over the Internet News. AZ got it's first
> case yesterday.....I knew it would hit here pretty soon as the border is
> just down the road and we have Mexicans crossing it every day.
>
> Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I didn't say anything about illegal's...We have allot of Mexicans that come
over the border to shop...visit Family... work, ect. The illegal's around
here (in the middle of the desert...dirt roads and all) just travel through,
they don't stop and visit. I believe the little boy that died in Texas was
visiting from Mexico.
Jacquie

"krom" > wrote in message
> the first cases here were frat boys bringing it back from cancun...not
> mexicans crossing the boarder.
>
> Alot of talk radio types are trying to blame illigal imagrants for this
> outbreak..just isnt so.
>
> KROM
>
> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>> The Swine Flu outbreak is all over the Internet News. AZ got it's first
>> case yesterday.....I knew it would hit here pretty soon as the border is
>> just down the road and we have Mexicans crossing it every day.
>>
>> Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a means
to spread more hate and fear.

not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.

KROM

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
>I didn't say anything about illegal's...We have allot of Mexicans that come
>over the border to shop...visit Family... work, ect. The illegal's around
>here (in the middle of the desert...dirt roads and all) just travel
>through, they don't stop and visit. I believe the little boy that died in
>Texas was visiting from Mexico.
> Jacquie
>

> "krom" > wrote in message
>> the first cases here were frat boys bringing it back from cancun...not
>> mexicans crossing the boarder.
>>
>> Alot of talk radio types are trying to blame illigal imagrants for this
>> outbreak..just isnt so.
>>
>> KROM
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>> The Swine Flu outbreak is all over the Internet News. AZ got it's first
>>> case yesterday.....I knew it would hit here pretty soon as the border
>>> is just down the road and we have Mexicans crossing it every day.
>>>
>>> Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a
> means to spread more hate and fear.
>
> not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.

I don't believe that at all. That's like saying that the left wingers are
spreading hysteria, and that's just not true either.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ok...I am no right winger...that's for sure... They will take anything and
spread hate a fear with it. No wonder the moderate Republicans are jumping
ship.....ok enough on politics
Jacquie
"krom" > wrote in message
> k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a
> means to spread more hate and fear.
>
> not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.
>
> KROM
>
> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
> m...
>>I didn't say anything about illegal's...We have allot of Mexicans that
>>come over the border to shop...visit Family... work, ect. The illegal's
>>around here (in the middle of the desert...dirt roads and all) just travel
>>through, they don't stop and visit. I believe the little boy that died in
>>Texas was visiting from Mexico.
>> Jacquie
>>

>> "krom" > wrote in message
>>> the first cases here were frat boys bringing it back from cancun...not
>>> mexicans crossing the boarder.
>>>
>>> Alot of talk radio types are trying to blame illigal imagrants for this
>>> outbreak..just isnt so.
>>>
>>> KROM
>>>
>>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>>> m...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 02:28:14 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a
>>means
>>to spread more hate and fear.
>>
>>not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.
>>
>>KROM

> You're kidding. What on earth has left and right politics to
> do with this? Apart from the fact that it is an
> international situation, not limited to US borders.
>
> The only "wing" problem for modern pandemics are those on
> the aeroplanes conveying infected passengers around the
> world. Both left and right are involved in that.

Well said Alan.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

thats why i said i wasnt saying you were..but was making sure we didnt echo
thos who are.

so much bad info like eating pork can cause it etc..i just dont want to
spread the "its the mexicans fault" stuff thats been spread.

KROM

"Jacquie" > wrote in message
m...
> Ok...I am no right winger...that's for sure... They will take anything
> and spread hate a fear with it. No wonder the moderate Republicans are
> jumping ship.....ok enough on politics
> Jacquie
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a
>> means to spread more hate and fear.
>>
>> not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.
>>
>> KROM
>>
>> "Jacquie" > wrote in message
>> m...
>>>I didn't say anything about illegal's...We have allot of Mexicans that
>>>come over the border to shop...visit Family... work, ect. The illegal's
>>>around here (in the middle of the desert...dirt roads and all) just
>>>travel through, they don't stop and visit. I believe the little boy that
>>>died in Texas was visiting from Mexico.
>>> Jacquie

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

have you not heard them say mexicans and dems are the cause?..i sure have
and its gotten bad.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_192493.html

this is just one example of one politician from my state alone...theres tons
more..

KROM

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> k..it just irks me that alot of right wingers are using this flu as a
>> means to spread more hate and fear.
>>
>> not saying you did at all ..i was just making the point.

> I don't believe that at all. That's like saying that the left wingers are
> spreading hysteria, and that's just not true either.
>
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> have you not heard them say mexicans and dems are the cause?..i sure have
> and its gotten bad.
>
> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_192493.html
>
> this is just one example of one politician from my state alone...theres
> tons more..
>
> KROM

Krom, if you watch the ED show at 6PM on MSNBC he always features Bachman on
his "Psycho talk" segment. She is an absolute nut.

Evelyn

"Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is, having
nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst
into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

how my state re-elected her is beyound me.

she is not just nuts but divisive and dangerous..she is the sort to call for
"armed resistance" etc...that sort of talk might be amusing from a talk show
host as entertainmet..if that floats your boat..but is dispicable from a
politician.

KROM

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote in message
>> have you not heard them say mexicans and dems are the cause?..i sure have
>> and its gotten bad.
>>
>> http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/0..._n_192493.html
>>
>> this is just one example of one politician from my state alone...theres
>> tons more..
>>
>> KROM

> Krom, if you watch the ED show at 6PM on MSNBC he always features Bachman
> on his "Psycho talk" segment. She is an absolute nut.

> Evelyn
>
> "Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is,
> having nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may
> well burst into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Everything's Political Would you buy produce from Mexico?

ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
misinformation being spread.

i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.

im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.

KROM

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 May 2009 02:22:13 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>because right wing nut jobs are making statements like this outbreak is
>>under a dem pres like the last one which is a lie...and that we need to
>>stop
>>illigals because they caused this outbreak.
>>
>>they are a wealth of fear mongering and misinformation.
>>
>>so like how you are compelled to correct the bad info in asd...i felt the
>>need to be sure this nonsense isnt spread.
>>
>>KROM

> Seems to me both "sides" are a wealth of fear mongering and
> misinformation. What happened to the argument that the "right wing
> nut jobs" don't want to do anything about illegal immigration because
> cheap labor is good for business? I assume that one is inconvenient
> now?
>
> There are hundreds of blogs or personal websites that spew nonsense --
> written by "nut jobs" of all persuasions.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
>>misinformation being spread.
>>
>>i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
>>
>>im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
>>illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
>>

>>KROM

> I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
> spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
> and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
> be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

True, but there are just a lot more of them on the right.

Evelyn

"Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is, having
nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst
into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 May 2009 02:22:13 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>because right wing nut jobs are making statements like this outbreak is
>>under a dem pres like the last one which is a lie...and that we need to
>>stop
>>illigals because they caused this outbreak.
>>
>>they are a wealth of fear mongering and misinformation.
>>
>>so like how you are compelled to correct the bad info in asd...i felt the
>>need to be sure this nonsense isnt spread.
>>
>>KROM

> Seems to me both "sides" are a wealth of fear mongering and
> misinformation. What happened to the argument that the "right wing
> nut jobs" don't want to do anything about illegal immigration because
> cheap labor is good for business? I assume that one is inconvenient
> now?
>
> There are hundreds of blogs or personal websites that spew nonsense --
> written by "nut jobs" of all persuasions.

+1

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
>>misinformation being spread.
>>
>>i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
>>
>>im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
>>illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
>>

>>KROM

> I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
> spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
> and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
> be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

+2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message
> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
>> On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
>>>misinformation being spread.
>>>
>>>i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
>>>
>>>im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
>>>illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
>>>

>>>KROM

>> I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
>> spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
>> and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
>> be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

> True, but there are just a lot more of them on the right.

-1

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >>ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
> >>misinformation being spread.
> >>
> >>i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
> >>
> >>im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
> >>illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
> >>

> >>KROM

> > I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
> > spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
> > and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
> > be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

> True, but there are just a lot more of them on the right.

+1

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > wrote:

: >ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and the
: >misinformation being spread.
: >
: >i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
: >
: >im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying the
: >illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
: >
: >
: >KROM

: I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
: spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
: and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
: be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

Does anyone realize that the last time "swine flu" was an issue was during
the presidency of Gerold Ford, a Republican, not Jimmy Carter, a Demodrat?
I guess if you present false facts you cn prove anything:-(

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>
>> "BlueBrooke" > wrote in message
>> > On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"

>> > I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
>> > spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
>> > and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
>> > be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.

>> True, but there are just a lot more of them on the right.

> +1

Thnx, patootie!

Evelyn

"Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is, having
nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst
into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> BlueBrooke > wrote:
> : On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
> : > wrote:
>
> : >ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and
> the
> : >misinformation being spread.
> : >
> : >i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
> : >
> : >im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying
> the
> : >illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
> : >
> : >
> : >KROM
>
> : I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
> : spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
> : and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
> : be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.
>
> Does anyone realize that the last time "swine flu" was an issue was during
> the presidency of Gerold Ford, a Republican, not Jimmy Carter, a Demodrat?
> I guess if you present false facts you cn prove anything:-(
>
> Wendy

Lies and spin are their stock and trade, Wendy.

Evelyn

"Since everything is but an apparition, perfect in being what it is, having
nothing to do with good or bad, acceptance or rejection, one may well burst
into laughter." -Longchenpa

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yeah its silly..but scary part is some ONLY get thier information from these
type of people..no independant thought...

i remeber listening to rush years ago and at least back then he used to say
he was just entertainer and it was shctick to not be taken seriously...now
he is the gospel word to some people...real politicians parrot the rheteric
as if it is serious.

ahh well whatever im not gonna fight about it in the food group..lol

to bring it back on topic..you CANT get it from eating pork...how silly is
it they have to beg us to use the scientific name because people are too
dumb to understand this...that was the sort of silyness i was trying to
correct is all..

KROM

"W. Baker" > wrote
> Does anyone realize that the last time "swine flu" was an issue was during
> the presidency of Gerold Ford, a Republican, not Jimmy Carter, a Demodrat?
> I guess if you present false facts you cn prove anything:-(
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> BlueBrooke > wrote:
> : On Fri, 1 May 2009 08:09:51 -0500, "krom"
> : > wrote:
>
> : >ooook..i was being very specific abotu a specific topic..the flu and
> the
> : >misinformation being spread.
> : >
> : >i was explaining to alan why politics because he asked.
> : >
> : >im not going to argue politics for politics sake..if a dem was saying
> the
> : >illigals caused the flu i'd call them idiots too.
> : >
> : >
> : >KROM
>
> : I understand that, Krom -- but there's a lot of misinformation being
> : spread about this specific topic, and not just by the right wingers,
> : and not just about Mexicans, illegal or otherwise. You don't need to
> : be a "right wing nut job" to be a racist, a bigot, or an idiot.
>
> Does anyone realize that the last time "swine flu" was an issue was during
> the presidency of Gerold Ford, a Republican, not Jimmy Carter, a Demodrat?
> I guess if you present false facts you cn prove anything:-(

I remember.