Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Susan - on carba nada

"Barbara H" > wrote in message
[snip]

> I'm not unhappy at all. This is actually the best my bg has been in
> several
> days. Stress has pushed me over the line I'm afraid. I'm generally in
> good
> control but I have had a terrible week (actually year) with my bg. We've
> had to stay with my father around the clock in shifts and being the only
> daughter I'm doing nights and two short shifts during the day. It's been
> very hard to eat right. I'm actually having trouble eating often enough
> more than not eating the right things. He has alzheimers and has had a
> rapid decline. We are working toward placing him in memory care and it's
> the pits for me. I knew this day would come but it's really hard to
> accept
> that he no longer even knows who I am. Anyway, I just wanted to chime in
> on
> the new pasta. You're the one who steered me toward the soy pasta so
> thank
> you again for discovering this new version. I think I'll try it again as
> soon as I find time to cook another meal for myself. :-)
>
> Barbara H
> T2 Dx 7/06 Byetta 10x2, Metrormin 1500 A1c 6.3

You might want to try getting some of a spice named turmeric and adding that
to your dad's food. It's known to help Alzheimer's, but only enough that
it's
likely to slow down, but not stop, his decline.

Also, if you'd like to use your spare computer time to help Alzheimer's
research, see he

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/

I'm on the Cure Diabetes team there since this project also looks like it
may eventually help diabetes research. Expect this project to run best
on computers with at least 1 GB of memory, though.

Robert Miles

Robert Miles

OT Hello, Susan? Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 22 23-08-2014 04:51 AM
carba nadda KROM Diabetic 1 09-02-2011 09:28 PM
Susan - on carba nada Peppermint Patootie Diabetic 0 24-03-2009 07:47 PM
Carba Nada test Susan[_6_] Diabetic 16 22-03-2009 03:34 AM