Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Em Em is offline

Default Salmon Patties Recipe?

Does anyone have a good recipe for salmon patties that doesn't include bread
or cracker crumbs?

What are some other ways you use canned salmon?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Here's one I found online:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Awesome Low Carb Salmon Patties

Recipe By :ChefSheri
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Salmon

14 3/4 ounces salmon -- drained
1/2 cup pork rinds -- (finely ground)
1/4 cup onion -- minced fine
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons parsley, freeze-dried
1 garlic clove -- minced fine
2 large eggs -- beaten
3 tablespoons mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients and refrigerate for 1/2 hour -(optional, but they handle
easier).

Make into 4 patties and cook until browned on either side turning once.

I make a double batch and freeze part of it in flattened patties in zipper
bags, and just thaw in the microwave, then fry.

Also good as a sauce on them: mix 1 part blue cheese dressing to 1 part
horsy mustard, or Jack Daniels mustard, or some kind of flavored mustard --
it is yummy!

S(Internet Address):
"http://www.recipezaar.com/Awesome-Low-Carb-Salmon-Patties-160413"
Start to Finish Time:
"0:25"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 791 Calories; 49g Fat (57.2% calories
from fat); 76g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 387mg
Cholesterol; 1551mg Sodium. Exchanges: 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0
Fruit; 2 Fat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Here is a site you might find interesting:
http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/great...salmon+patties

Jacquie

"Em" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good recipe for salmon patties that doesn't include
> bread or cracker crumbs?
>
> What are some other ways you use canned salmon?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Em > wrote:
: Does anyone have a good recipe for salmon patties that doesn't include bread
: or cracker crumbs?

: What are some other ways you use canned salmon?

No recipe here, but I have been using the Arnolds or pepperidge Farms low
carb breads to make crumbs for meat loaf, etc. As they are 5-6 carbs a
slice, a few slices in a big batch of mix doesn't add muh to each serving.
Remember these are fresh bread crumbs, nuch less dense than dried ones.
Last week I made a meatloaf wih 2 lb buffalo, 4 slices of 5 gram a slice
bread, 2 medium onions, 3/4 of a very large green pepper and an 8 oz can
of (delmonte spanish style) tomato sauce. Also an egg and some pepper .
You might want salt, but my meat comes ready salted as it is kosher. I
usually add soe herbs, but the mixture tasted so good like this I left
more elaborate seasoning ot. It came out very good, with a lovely texture
and make 5 servings.

If you have a favorite recipe try substitutig this low carb bread or some
Wasa crackers.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Em" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a good recipe for salmon patties that doesn't include
> bread or cracker crumbs?
>
> What are some other ways you use canned salmon?

I once made a recipe for South Seas Salmon sandwiches. It was very good,
even though I don't really like salmon. I no longer have the recipe, but it
was pretty much like a tuna salad with mayo. It also had some crushed
pineapple in juice and I think some sliced green onions and maybe some
slivered almonds. It was served on thin white bread with lettuce as little
finger sandwiches. But you could stuff it into a tomato instead, or just
serve a scoop of it on a lettuce leaf.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

She didn't ask for a low fat recipe...she asked for a recipe that didn't
include crackers or bread crumbs.
Jacquie
"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in message
> In m,
> Jacquie > typed:
>> Here's one I found online:
>>
>> * Exported from MasterCook *
>>
>> Awesome Low Carb Salmon Patties
>>
>> Recipe By :ChefSheri
>> Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:15
>> Categories : Salmon
>>
>> Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
>> -------- ------------ --------------------------------
>> 14 3/4 ounces salmon -- drained
>> 1/2 cup pork rinds -- (finely ground)
>> 1/4 cup onion -- minced fine
>> 2 teaspoons lemon juice
>> 2 teaspoons parsley, freeze-dried
>> 1 garlic clove -- minced fine
>> 2 large eggs -- beaten
>> 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
>>

> Pork rinds? Isn't this recipe just trading carbs for a lot of fat and
> cholesterol?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
> : When I was a kid my father would cut the fat from pork chops and dice it
> : really small, then render the fat out of them before cooking the dish
> : the pork meat went into. (He grew up in China and did a lot of Chinese
> : cooking at home when I was growing up.) The little bits of rendered fat
> : he salted and then munched with a glass of dry sherry before dinner. He
> : called them "cracklings." My sister and I would snag a few when we
> : could.
>
> : Priscilla
>
> We Jews do that with chicken fat and skin, adding onions during the
> rendering process making both a delcious fat to use to flavor thisng like
> matzo balls or chopped liver, or masned potatoes with a meat meal and
> those heavenly gibenes, the "cracklings" and onions lightly salted! Just
> heaven to pick at as you wlak by the dish cooling on the kitchen couter:-)

Exact same principle. Now I'm getting hungry!

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >,
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
>> : When I was a kid my father would cut the fat from pork chops and dice it
>> : really small, then render the fat out of them before cooking the dish
>> : the pork meat went into. (He grew up in China and did a lot of Chinese
>> : cooking at home when I was growing up.) The little bits of rendered fat
>> : he salted and then munched with a glass of dry sherry before dinner. He
>> : called them "cracklings." My sister and I would snag a few when we
>> : could.
>>
>> : Priscilla
>>
>> We Jews do that with chicken fat and skin, adding onions during the
>> rendering process making both a delcious fat to use to flavor thisng like
>> matzo balls or chopped liver, or masned potatoes with a meat meal and
>> those heavenly gibenes, the "cracklings" and onions lightly salted! Just
>> heaven to pick at as you wlak by the dish cooling on the kitchen couter:-)

> Exact same principle. Now I'm getting hungry!
>
> PP

I moticed frozen rendered pork backfat strips at our store yesterday for
the first time. Pennies a pack!
15 - 20 minutes in a hot oven, hit with onion salt and FGBP and it's
snack time!

The best crispy skin I've ever tasted was on the goose I roasted last
Christmas. Too bad the meat wasn't to my liking.

Vicki

Salmon Patties jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 68 29-04-2013 09:01 PM
Salmon patties KenK General Cooking 31 06-09-2010 05:49 PM
Salmon Patties 1/4/09 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 16 26-07-2009 11:46 PM
Salmon Patties [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 20-02-2007 02:26 AM
Help, Dad & I want salmon patties!! Caesar General Cooking 38 07-08-2006 08:43 PM