Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cucumber seltzer????

Yep, seriously!

President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.

It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
through until the end. It's very refreshing.

Vicki
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
percy > wrote:

> Yep, seriously!
>
> President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
> cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
>
> It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> through until the end. It's very refreshing.
>
> Vicki

Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.

I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"percy" > wrote in message
> Yep, seriously!
>
> President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural cucumber
> flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
>
> It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> through until the end. It's very refreshing.

Interesting. I've heard of putting cucumber slices in water but I've never
tried it because I'm not overly fond of cucumbers.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Peppermint Patootie > wrote:

> In article >,
> percy > wrote:
>
> > Yep, seriously!
> >
> > President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
> > cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
> >
> > It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> > through until the end. It's very refreshing.
> >
> > Vicki

> Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
> were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.
>
> I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!
>
> PP

I just thought of another use... Fizzy Marys. Bloody Mary mix with
cucumber seltzer.

Or to add some zing to one's gazpacho.

The possibilities are endless, but they really aren't suited to the
weather around here today. I got a snow day from work but haven't gone
out to dig out my front walk yet.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >,
> Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> percy > wrote:
>>
>>> Yep, seriously!
>>>
>>> President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
>>> cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
>>>
>>> It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
>>> through until the end. It's very refreshing.
>>>
>>> Vicki

>> Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
>> were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.
>>
>> I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!
>>
>> PP

> I just thought of another use... Fizzy Marys. Bloody Mary mix with
> cucumber seltzer.
>
> Or to add some zing to one's gazpacho.
>
> The possibilities are endless, but they really aren't suited to the
> weather around here today. I got a snow day from work but haven't gone
> out to dig out my front walk yet.
>
> PP

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

>> Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
>> were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.
>>
>> I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!
>>
>> PP

> I just thought of another use... Fizzy Marys. Bloody Mary mix with
> cucumber seltzer.
>
> Or to add some zing to one's gazpacho.
>
> The possibilities are endless, but they really aren't suited to the
> weather around here today. I got a snow day from work but haven't gone
> out to dig out my front walk yet.
>
> PP

Let's try that again.

The fizzy Marys sound great. One of my coworkers saw me leaving with it
and asked how it was. She thought I was nuts. My husband thought the
concept was gross, but tried it anyway. He doesn't like it but said it
tastes just like a kirby/English.

Gazpacho - hmmm. I'm warming to that, but you're right that it's summer
food. It's sunny and bitter cold here.

Vicki

Cooler than vanilla seltzer? Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 10 27-09-2011 05:26 PM
Home seltzer/soda making Steve Freides[_2_] General Cooking 4 25-07-2010 11:20 PM
Seltzer Man brooklyn1 General Cooking 6 27-09-2009 08:23 PM
Difference between club soda and seltzer? Sheldon General Cooking 0 13-06-2006 01:03 AM
Seltzer cartridges? Nancy Young General Cooking 17 07-04-2006 12:15 AM