FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cucumber seltzer???? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/168940-cucumber-seltzer.html)

percy 01-03-2009 06:58 PM

Cucumber seltzer????

Yep, seriously!

President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.

It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
through until the end. It's very refreshing.

Vicki

Peppermint Patootie 02-03-2009 12:06 AM

Cucumber seltzer????

In article >,
percy > wrote:

> Yep, seriously!
>
> President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
> cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
>
> It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> through until the end. It's very refreshing.
>
> Vicki

Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.

I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!

PP

Julie Bove 02-03-2009 12:48 AM

Cucumber seltzer????

"percy" > wrote in message
> Yep, seriously!
>
> President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural cucumber
> flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
>
> It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> through until the end. It's very refreshing.

Interesting. I've heard of putting cucumber slices in water but I've never
tried it because I'm not overly fond of cucumbers.

Peppermint Patootie 02-03-2009 05:29 PM

Cucumber seltzer????

In article >,
Peppermint Patootie > wrote:

> In article >,
> percy > wrote:
>
> > Yep, seriously!
> >
> > President's Choice has come out with a seltzer water with natural
> > cucumber flavor. It's not sweetened at all and has no sodium.
> >
> > It's good! It's not strongly flavored, the cuke essence doesn't come
> > through until the end. It's very refreshing.
> >
> > Vicki

> Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
> were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.
>
> I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!
>
> PP

I just thought of another use... Fizzy Marys. Bloody Mary mix with
cucumber seltzer.

Or to add some zing to one's gazpacho.

The possibilities are endless, but they really aren't suited to the
weather around here today. I got a snow day from work but haven't gone
out to dig out my front walk yet.

PP

percy 03-03-2009 12:01 AM

Cucumber seltzer????

percy 03-03-2009 12:18 AM

Cucumber seltzer????

Peppermint Patootie wrote:

>> Perfect for those church supper jello salads. When I was a kid they
>> were made with 7UP, but cucumber seltzer would be better.
>>
>> I'm speaking 1/2 ironically. But only 1/2!
>>
>> PP

> I just thought of another use... Fizzy Marys. Bloody Mary mix with
> cucumber seltzer.
>
> Or to add some zing to one's gazpacho.
>
> The possibilities are endless, but they really aren't suited to the
> weather around here today. I got a snow day from work but haven't gone
> out to dig out my front walk yet.
>
> PP

Let's try that again.

The fizzy Marys sound great. One of my coworkers saw me leaving with it
and asked how it was. She thought I was nuts. My husband thought the
concept was gross, but tried it anyway. He doesn't like it but said it
tastes just like a kirby/English.

Gazpacho - hmmm. I'm warming to that, but you're right that it's summer
food. It's sunny and bitter cold here.

Vicki