Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Anybody doing a special Valentine's Day menu?

Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero, VO
and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you have a
fun day with your sweetie.

--
Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:27:58 -0800, "Cheri" >
wrote:

>Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
>chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero, VO
>and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you have a
>fun day with your sweetie.

We got a takeaway... prawn and spinach curry over cauliflower bhaji,
lovely stuff, enough left for lunch tomorrow; 1hr pp, 4.9

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 14 Feb 2009 10:27:58 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
>>chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero,
>>VO
>>and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you have a
>>fun day with your sweetie.

> We got a takeaway... prawn and spinach curry over cauliflower bhaji,
> lovely stuff, enough left for lunch tomorrow; 1hr pp, 4.9
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

That sounds really good Nicky. I believe that diabetics have the best menus.
:-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

We get grass fed beef (half a steer every other year) from a rancher out on
the Colorado plains. I know this sounds like sacrilege, but sometimes I
really don't think I want another broiled steak.

So I cut up some red and green bell peppers, added some chunks of onion and
some sliced celery. Stir fried the whole mixture in 1/2 T olive oil and 1 T
low sodium teriaki sauce.

Added a rib steak, trimmed from the bone and sliced into bite sized pieces.
Served it over whole wheat elbow macaroni

Half a grapefruit for dessert.

It was a very nice Valentine's dinner!

--
A R Pickett aka Woodstock
T2 metformin and glyberide

"Sometimes the facts threaten the truth"
Amos Oz, prize winning Israeli author

Read my book reviews at:
http://www.booksnbytes.com/reviews/_...ll_byauth.html

Now blogging!
http://www.journalscape.com/woodstock/

Remove lower case "e" to respond

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
> chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero,
> VO and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you
> have a fun day with your sweetie.

We went out to eat. Was going to be Old Country Buffet because my mom is on
some cockamamie diet that is really strict and apparently she can eat only
greens and chicken breast. Can usually get that there. But... They were
very busy and like a fool, I shot my insulin prior to going in. We got
there early, thinking we'd be safe.

So we went to the only other place around there were we thought we could get
in and get suitable food. They have an eclectic menu with lots of Greek
food on it, even though the owners now are half Japanese.

Angela and I both ordered the chopped sirloin. It comes with onions and
mushrooms, a vegetable, salad or soup and normally, mashed potatoes. But
they subbed plain baked potatoes for us. As luck would have it, they
dropped one of our meals.

Because Angela was being especially cranky tonight, I let her have the lone
meal and I ate a piece of bread, followed by another piece of bread because
I was feeling shaky. Luckily I am not allergic to their bread (they make it
from scratch) and the pieces are small.

When my meal arrive, I got a small red potato (probably done quickly in the
microwave) as opposed to the large baking potato that Angela got. Which is
also probably a good thing because I ate the bread.

Our meals came with asparagus which neither of us will eat. Husband loves
it so we got a "to go" box for him and now he is very happy. He and my dad
had Souvlaki and my mom had a huge bowl of Romaine with a grilled chicken
breast.

We went out for Mexican food for lunch and Angela made herself some hot dogs
for breakfast. The only person I had to feed today was the cat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

pork chops and broccoli with cheedar cheese sauce.

for dessert i made chocolate walnut clusters...yum!

KROM

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
> chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero,
> VO and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you
> have a fun day with your sweetie.
>
> --
> Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
> chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke
> Zero, VO and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody.
> Hope you have a fun day with your sweetie.

I had 4 sweeties Went with the two youngest to stay the weekend with my
two new bachelor sons. I took an enormous shepherd's pie (no pastry but lots
of mashed taters on the top) and some garlic bread. This morning I made them
bacon and eggs a la mummy.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> Not so much here. BBQ rib steak, green beans, baked potato for hubby,
> chocolate cake for hubby. My dessert will be two mixed drinks, Coke Zero,
> VO and lime...free pour. ;-) Happy Valentine's Day everybody. Hope you
> have a fun day with your sweetie.
>
> --
> Cheri

I made chicken marsala, fresh brussel sprouts with parsley lemon butter,
carrots cooked with parsnips. It was totally awesome.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world