Old 15-02-2009, 11:26 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Favorite vegetable?

Evelyn wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote in message
W. Baker wrote:
Ozgirl wrote:
W. Baker wrote:
musika wrote:
W. Baker wrote:
Ozgirl wrote:
Jacquie wrote:
Aren't you British Nicky? I thought all Brits liked peas

Only if they are mushy, I think...

Am i correct that those mushy peas one reads about in books
about the English are what most of us might call overcooked?

They are not garden peas, but marrowfat peas. They are cooked to
the right consistency - not overcooked.

--
Ray
UK

Thanks you for this information. I had absolutely no idea tht
they were another variety of peas. I was thinking of oversook
garden peas which can get mushy. Not so gret for us adults, but
y infant graddaughter loves them really soft and mushed up. she
is 7 months old:-)

Dried peas cooked can be overcooked into a tasty mush. They taste
similar to canned peas which of course are nothing like frozen peas
in texture or taste.

Pease porridge hot, pese porridge cold, pease porridge in the pot,
nine day old?

I always thought that was split pea soup! Well, I gues it's never
too late to learn:-)

These aren't split peas, they are whole, dried green peas. Soak for a
while then boil to mush

My mother in law used to cook those. I always use the split peas
instead.

Mine too, she used to call them packet peas.

Old 16-02-2009, 01:41 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" wrote:
Jacquie wrote:
: Born in Kenya of Russian and Irish parents. Now I like mangetout,
: which is a major export for Kenya :P
:
: Nicky.
: T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
: D&E, 100ug thyroxine
: Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

: I did a search on them they look like snow peas
: Jacquie

AHA!!! Hence the name, mangetout-eat (pods and) all!

Italian "Mangia tutti!" I didn't pick up on that. Duh! Thanks, Sis.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061