Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default From the desk of Scott Fiore

Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
From the desk of Scott Fiore
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Scott Fiore" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
> From the desk of Scott Fiore

When I used to make them, I would use the recipe on the Quaker Oatmeal
package. Never added raisins. Hate raisins in cookies. Haven't made any
oatmeal cookies in many years. Wouldn't work for me now either with my food
allergies or as a diabetic.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:33:01 -0800 (PST), Scott Fiore
> wrote:

>Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
>From the desk of Scott Fiore

Sorry - can't eat them - send my blood glucose too high.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Feb 11, 5:41*am, Nicky > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:33:01 -0800 (PST),ScottFiore
>
> > wrote:
> >Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? *Thanks
> >From the desk ofScottFiore

> Sorry - can't eat them - send my blood glucose too high.
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% *BMI 25

Thanks for the response. I thought that oatmeal was one of the good
carbs- I'm new to cooking for a diabetic- my mother-in-law was just
diagnosed and she loves oatmeal cookies so I thought I'd see what
was out there.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 22:22:41 -0800 (PST), Scott Fiore
> wrote:

>Thanks for the response. I thought that oatmeal was one of the good
>carbs- I'm new to cooking for a diabetic- my mother-in-law was just
>diagnosed and she loves oatmeal cookies so I thought I'd see what
>was out there.

A good carb is one that doesn't send your bg soaring - and it's a
different response for each of us. The last time I ate oatmeal, I hit
ER-type numbers; but some people can cope with oats just fine. Get
your mother-in-law to test after eating one, see how they affect her:

http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> Scott Fiore > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
> >From the desk of Scott Fiore

> Sorry - can't eat them - send my blood glucose too high.

This is as close as I can get:

LOW-CARB CRANBERRY SCONES by Patti Lipka

3 cups Carbquik
2 ounces butter
½ cup sour cream, regular
1 cup water
½ cup chopped cranberries
Small box cherry sugar-free Jell-O
4 ounces Eat Well Be Well Chocolate Chips
Grated zest of a fresh orange, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 410 F (210 C).

2. Sweeten the cranberries by sprinkling half of a small box of cherry
sugar-free Jell-O to the chopped cranberries. Stir the cranberries and let
them sit for a while to absorb the flavor of the Jell-O.

3. With a pastry cutter, mix the chilled butter and Carbquik, then add the
sour cream and water. Then mix in the cranberries, chocolate chips and
orange zest.

4. Scoop out the dough with a spoon and drop on slightly greased cookie
sheet in 1-ounce portions or so.

5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.

Servings: 15
Total Carbs Per Serving: 4g

Nick note: Take cookies out while they're soft. They'll firm up as they
cool. If you let them bake 'til they're hard, they'll firm up as they cool!

I have a recipe for pinhead oatmeal cookies . . . somewhere. ;-(

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article
Scott Fiore > wrote:

> On Feb 11, 5:41*am, Nicky > wrote:
> > On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 22:33:01 -0800 (PST),ScottFiore
> >
> > > wrote:
> > >Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? *Thanks
> > >From the desk ofScottFiore

> > Sorry - can't eat them - send my blood glucose too high.
> >
> > Nicky.
> > T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> > D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> > Last A1c 5.3% *BMI 25

> Thanks for the response. I thought that oatmeal was one of the good
> carbs- I'm new to cooking for a diabetic- my mother-in-law was just
> diagnosed and she loves oatmeal cookies so I thought I'd see what
> was out there.

I'm afraid the "good carbs" include things like leafy green veggies and
things in the cabbage/broccoli family and other non-starchy veggies.

It's all about how *her* body responds. She might be able to get away
with 1 or 2 small oatmeal cookies late in the day, but that's for her to
determine.

There are some wonderful sweets that can be made with ground almonds
instead of flour and artificial sweeteners. Try googling and see what
you come up with.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Scott Fiore" > wrote in message
Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
From the desk of Scott Fiore

Hi Scott,

If your MIL's glucose levels have returned to a non-diabetic
level then she might be able to get away with eating a few
oatmeal cookies. Get the recipe off the box of Quaker Oaks
and use that one, it's about the best around. I would have you
ask her to check with her doctor first to make sure she's in the
clear to start eating a few 'treats' now and again. Even a half of
a cookie helps some stave off depression which often goes hand
in hand with newly diagnosed diabetics. If she can have a cookie
or two, she should monitor her glucose level at 1, 2 and even 3hrs
afterwards to make sure she doesn't go too high. A brisk walk
within 30mins of a meal or treat will often help reduce or elimiate
a glucose rise.

Alvin

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

linklon wrote:
> "Scott Fiore" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have any good oatmeal cookie recipes? Thanks
> From the desk of Scott Fiore
>
> Hi Scott,
>
> If your MIL's glucose levels have returned to a non-diabetic
> level then she might be able to get away with eating a few
> oatmeal cookies. Get the recipe off the box of Quaker Oaks
> and use that one, it's about the best around. I

Or google Anzac biscuits

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> Or google Anzac biscuits

Those sound good, Ozgirl. Don't know if I can wait 'til 25 April for them!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> Or google Anzac biscuits

> Those sound good, Ozgirl. Don't know if I can wait 'til 25 April for
> them!

A true Aussie eats them all the time 1 as an afternoon snack has never
hurt me.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> Or google Anzac biscuits

> > Those sound good, Ozgirl. Don't know if I can wait 'til 25 April for
> > them!

> A true Aussie eats them all the time 1 as an afternoon snack has never
> hurt me.

Gotta pass this on to my live-at-home daughter. She's made Quaker brand
oatmeal cookies and we use a lot of coconuts. There's always one on the
counter in various stages of being scraped out.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I'll probably eat my own Anzac Biscuit recipe again if I
> ever need to do a home OGTT.

'Ere now, mate! This Yank would appreciate it if you would post or email
your recipe to him. Thanks in anticipation of your generosity in this
regard.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >, RodS >
wrote:

> BTW isn't a "stick" of butter 8oz?

Around here there are 4 sticks to a pound, so 4 oz each. That's weight.
By volume 1 stick is 1/2 cup.

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie wrote:
> In article >, RodS >
> wrote:
>
>> BTW isn't a "stick" of butter 8oz?

> Around here there are 4 sticks to a pound, so 4 oz each. That's weight.
> By volume 1 stick is 1/2 cup.
>
> Priscilla

OK Thanks, for some reason I thought a stick was 8 oz I always have to
convert to metric before using American recipes.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl > wrote:
: Nick Cramer wrote:
: > "Ozgirl" > wrote:
: >> [ . . . ]
: >> Or google Anzac biscuits
: >
: > Those sound good, Ozgirl. Don't know if I can wait 'til 25 April for
: > them!

: A true Aussie eats them all the time 1 as an afternoon snack has never
: hurt me.

Since my association with the term Anzac is WWII, i imagine them to be
come kid of military hardtack type ration. someting that doesn't easily
spoil, but might take your teeth off:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote: