Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nick's dinner tonight

Fried tilapia and squid tentacles, parboiled sadau (Neem siamensis) and Nam
Prik Kii Gaa. Usually, sadau is dipped in a sweet chili sauce.

Really good combination. Pick up some Nam Prik on a soupspoon, add some
sadau and either some fish or squid. Hot, bitter sweet and savory in each
bite. BG before dinner 90. One hour PP 106. No pic. Dead battery. ;-(

Jun's Nam Prik Kii Gaa (Spicy Crow Poop) Dipping Sauce:

You will appreciate Pee Jun's scientific precision (and my parenthetical
'refinements')

1 full hand Jalapenos, or the Fire of your choice, chopped (2 cups?)
1 big red onion, chopped (1 cup?)
gratiem or garlic, crushed or chopped (1 cup?)

pan-fry, no oil, until nicely done (?)

1 handful (1 cup?) dried shrimp

Pound in mortar or blend in blender or food processor. Add:

2 or 3 Tablespoons lime juice, to taste
2 or 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce or Nam Pla, to taste. Better too little than
too much.
1 or 2 Tablespoons sugar (she uses Splenda for me), to taste

Adjust consistency to be like a dip, with hot water if necessary (she
didn't do that tonight. It was 'rustic'). Good as a dip with raw cucumber,
celery, carrot, broccoli, etc. or served with seafood.

families! https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran and
Support Our Troops. http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03 Feb 2009 03:37:27 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>You will appreciate Pee Jun's scientific precision (and my parenthetical
>'refinements')

LOL - her instructions are easier : ) Thanks for the recipe, saved...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 03 Feb 2009 03:37:27 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> wrote:
>
> >You will appreciate Pee Jun's scientific precision (and my parenthetical
> >'refinements')

> LOL - her instructions are easier : ) Thanks for the recipe, saved...

Grrr! Without my refinements, this is the normal dipping sauce for sadau:

Nam Pla Wan Sadau (Sweet fish sauce for sadau:

Scrape out some sugar cane and toss it in a wok. Add water and fish sauce
(to taste). Boil it down 'til it gets 'sticky'. Add some garlic and red
onion, dried shrimp or ground pork and continue cooking 'til done. Add some
whole dried chiles near the end. Or something like that. Mmmm.

We're gonna try a small batch using Splenda instead of sugar cane.
News at 11!

BTW The Thai name for diabetes is Bao Wan. Means sweet urine. Wasn't that
Olive Oil's kid's name in Popeye?