Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default I spent the entire morning processing stuff.

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Alan S > wrote:
>
>> We call them upside-down because the old, traditional fridge
>> had a freezer in the top section and the rest of the fridge
>> was below that.
>>
>> This one has a totally separate auto-defrost freezer at the
>> bottom with the fridge section above that. I'm sure you have
>> similar ones over the
>>
>> http://www.fisherpaykel.com.sg/admin...erators/e372br
>> e_sa1jpg3_md.jpg

> Yes, that's like mine, which is a Kenmore (Sears house brand). My
> freezer has a pull-out drawer with a shelf above it and lots of storage
> on the inside of the door. I have a chest freezer down in the basement,
> but for finding things I really think I should have gotten an upright.
> I open it maybe once or twice a week.
>
> PP

My upright is excellent. I only open it when I shop or when I am taking
something out. And I don't get a backache from digging around in it.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> "Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> Alan S > wrote:
>>
>>> We call them upside-down because the old, traditional fridge
>>> had a freezer in the top section and the rest of the fridge
>>> was below that.
>>>
>>> This one has a totally separate auto-defrost freezer at the
>>> bottom with the fridge section above that. I'm sure you have
>>> similar ones over the
>>>
>>> http://www.fisherpaykel.com.sg/admin...erators/e372br
>>> e_sa1jpg3_md.jpg

>> Yes, that's like mine, which is a Kenmore (Sears house brand). My
>> freezer has a pull-out drawer with a shelf above it and lots of storage
>> on the inside of the door. I have a chest freezer down in the basement,
>> but for finding things I really think I should have gotten an upright.
>> I open it maybe once or twice a week.
>>
>> PP

> My upright is excellent. I only open it when I shop or when I am taking
> something out. And I don't get a backache from digging around in it.

I don't have a large freezer, just the one on top of my fridge which I like,
but my MIL used to have a fridge that had the freezer on the bottom. Oh my,
I really hated that.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:21:36 -0500, "Evelyn" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Nicky" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Yeah. we have a tortoise that I don't even LIKE that we need to plan
>>> for!

>>Is it mean? Or just not a satisfying pet?

> I'm the only one the damn thing bites! Mind you, I'm the only one
> stupid enough to hold things for it to eat... It's at least 35 years
> old, and going strong.
>
> Nicky.

..
I've seen some animals at a local zoo that are likely to be tortoises.
They allow visitors to feed them (with food they sell for this purpose),
but recommend that the food be left on the ground so you can watch
them walk over to it.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 15:22:19 -0800, "Cheri" >
> wrote:
>
>>"Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>> Nicky they live years and years!
>>> You could have that tortoise forever!
>>> I don't keep biting pets myself.

>>I believe I've heard that they can live to be over a hundred? Is that
>>right?

> It's not mine <she said through gritted teeth> - it's hubby's pride
> and joy. Personally, I'd be happy to explore turtle soup recipes...
>
> Nicky.

..
Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

Robert

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"
> wrote:

>"Nicky" > wrote in message
.. .
>> It's not mine <she said through gritted teeth> - it's hubby's pride
>> and joy. Personally, I'd be happy to explore turtle soup recipes...

>.
>Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P Unfortunately,
he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise wakes up.

And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but for some
things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular treat
for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so fingers are
the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't attempt to bite
anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me. Grrr.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Nicky" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> It's not mine <she said through gritted teeth> - it's hubby's pride
>>> and joy. Personally, I'd be happy to explore turtle soup recipes...

>>.
>>Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

> LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P Unfortunately,
> he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise wakes up.
>
> And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but for some
> things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular treat
> for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so fingers are
> the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't attempt to bite
> anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me. Grrr.
>
> Nicky.

Nicky, they say animals can sense that you like or dislike them. Maybe she
knows you don't like her? Try generating kindness and loving feelings for
her beforehand. See if it affects her attitude.

It's odd, I didn't realize tortoises had such feelings.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:00:50 -0500, "Evelyn" >
wrote:

>Nicky, they say animals can sense that you like or dislike them. Maybe she
>knows you don't like her? Try generating kindness and loving feelings for
>her beforehand. See if it affects her attitude.

Hey, she started it! And I'm the one with scars...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:00:50 -0500, "Evelyn" >
> wrote:
>
>>Nicky, they say animals can sense that you like or dislike them. Maybe
>>she
>>knows you don't like her? Try generating kindness and loving feelings
>>for
>>her beforehand. See if it affects her attitude.

> Hey, she started it! And I'm the one with scars...
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

I wouldn't bother feeding her by hand if she bites! Just put it down and
let her get it herself!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Nicky" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> It's not mine <she said through gritted teeth> - it's hubby's pride
>>> and joy. Personally, I'd be happy to explore turtle soup recipes...

>>.
>>Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

> LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P Unfortunately,
> he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise wakes up.
>
> And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but for some
> things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular treat
> for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so fingers are
> the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't attempt to bite
> anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me. Grrr.

Chopsticks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:23:19 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Nicky" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"
>> > wrote:

>>>.
>>>Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

>> LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P Unfortunately,
>> he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise wakes up.
>>
>> And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but for some
>> things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular treat
>> for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so fingers are
>> the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't attempt to bite
>> anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me. Grrr.

>Chopsticks.

Hey! Cool thought

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"
>> > wrote:

>>>.
>>>Have you thought of asking hubby to take over feeding it?

>> LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P Unfortunately,
>> he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise wakes up.
>>
>> And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but for some
>> things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular treat
>> for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so fingers are
>> the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't attempt to bite
>> anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me. Grrr.

> Chopsticks.

Tongs. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On Wed, 4 Feb 2009 07:00:50 -0500, "Evelyn" >
> wrote:
>
>> Nicky, they say animals can sense that you like or dislike them.
>> Maybe she knows you don't like her? Try generating kindness and
>> loving feelings for her beforehand. See if it affects her attitude.

> Hey, she started it! And I'm the one with scars...

lol. Maybe its a smell thing?

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 22:04:33 -0600, "Robert Miles"

>>> LOL - I do frequently, Robert, often with expletives :P
>>> Unfortunately, he gets up and goes to work before the damntortoise
>>> wakes up. And she normally does get her food left on the ground - but
>>> for some
>>> things, like strawberries or peach slices which are a particular
>>> treat for her, she can't get a grip on them to bite them - so
>>> fingers are the easiest solution. I point out that she doesn't
>>> attempt to bite anyone else's fingers; she just doesn't like me.
>>> Grrr.

>> Chopsticks.
>>

> Tongs. :-)

Yes, tongs. Chopsticks might slip and do the turtle a terrible injury.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:55:34 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>Yes, tongs. Chopsticks might slip and do the turtle a terrible injury.

You can sharpen chopsticks, I believe

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 09:55:34 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>>Yes, tongs. Chopsticks might slip and do the turtle a terrible injury.

> You can sharpen chopsticks, I believe

I just spent the morning cooking rice wrong Janet B General Cooking 16 03-07-2016 08:23 PM
Spent Grain Starter Merryb Sourdough 3 08-12-2011 07:59 PM
JUST SPENT 1 HOUR ON NET BE YOUR OWN BOSS General Cooking 0 24-09-2007 06:32 AM
Uses for spent tea leaves? Melinda Tea 1 26-09-2004 02:12 PM
Best $3 I've spent on tea lately Lewis Perin Tea 9 04-11-2003 07:16 PM