Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default tonight....

Hi all,

Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made meal.

Stuffed baked mushrooms
Sourdough Italian bread
assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.

Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
mandarin slices

Shrimp Scampi over linguine

Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
sliced fresh pineapple
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
> taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
> meal.
>
> Stuffed baked mushrooms
> Sourdough Italian bread
> assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
>
> Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
> mandarin slices
>
> Shrimp Scampi over linguine
>
> Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
> sliced fresh pineapple

It sounds yummy. I sure wish we could handle that many carbs around here.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
>> taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
>> meal.
>>
>> Stuffed baked mushrooms
>> Sourdough Italian bread
>> assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
>>
>> Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
>> mandarin slices
>>
>> Shrimp Scampi over linguine
>>
>> Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
>> sliced fresh pineapple

> It sounds yummy. I sure wish we could handle that many carbs around here.

Janet the trick is in what you yourself take, no matter what others do. I
didn't eat any bread. The mushrooms and other appetizers and salad were
low carb stuff. The dessert was incredible, but I took a tiny piece and
then ate only a tinier piece of what I took. As for the pasta, I mostly
ate the shrimp and only a tiny bit of the pasta, and used a lot of Romano
cheese on it. I did eat a piece of pineapple though.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
> taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
> meal.
>
> Stuffed baked mushrooms
> Sourdough Italian bread
> assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
>
> Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
> mandarin slices
>
> Shrimp Scampi over linguine
>
> Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
> sliced fresh pineapple

That sounds wonderful, Evie. Pinot Noir?

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Evelyn wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
> > taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
> > meal.
> >
> > Stuffed baked mushrooms
> > Sourdough Italian bread
> > assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
> >
> > Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
> > mandarin slices
> >
> > Shrimp Scampi over linguine
> >
> > Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
> > sliced fresh pineapple

> It sounds yummy. I sure wish we could handle that many carbs around here.

<sigh>

families! I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
>> taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
>> meal.
>>
>> Stuffed baked mushrooms
>> Sourdough Italian bread
>> assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
>>
>> Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
>> mandarin slices
>>
>> Shrimp Scampi over linguine
>>
>> Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
>> sliced fresh pineapple

> That sounds wonderful, Evie. Pinot Noir?

No, Pino Grigio and when that was gone, Chardonnay.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Evelyn wrote:
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > Having friends over for dinner tonight. Two couples. They have both
>> > taken us out for dinner, so I am repaying with a super-good, home-made
>> > meal.
>> >
>> > Stuffed baked mushrooms
>> > Sourdough Italian bread
>> > assorted cheeses and pepperoni etc.
>> >
>> > Tossed mesclun greens with a light vinaigrette dressing, almonds and
>> > mandarin slices
>> >
>> > Shrimp Scampi over linguine
>> >
>> > Coffee, dessert (don't know what it is, since someone is bringing that)
>> > sliced fresh pineapple

>> It sounds yummy. I sure wish we could handle that many carbs around here.

> <sigh>

This was a rare splurge, and I ate very little of the carby stuff anyway.
I let everyone else eat all they wanted, but when I walked past the
antipasto platter I would take a piece of capicolla ham or another mushroom
cap.