Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Tonight's dinner.

I loosely followed this recipe.

http://www.cookingcache.com/crockpot...shtml?rdid=rc1

I used more ground beef, onions and peppers than the recipe called for.
Oddly the meat really cooked down a LOT! When I filled the crock-pot, it
was mostly meat. But when I served it up, I had to really dig for it. I
used a very lean organic beef. There was a lot of liquid in there after it
cooked as well.

I didn't use the gravy mix and not even sure what you were supposed to do
with it since it doesn't say.

Used olive oil instead of butter.

And used tiny new red potatoes, cut into little wedges.

I really like it! Angela was not impressed. And husband said he already
ate dinner. I don't know what. Normally this doesn't mean anything and he
will usually eat a big plate of whatever I fixed even though he already ate.
Unfortunately this usually occurs AFTER I put the rest in the refrigerator
which I am fixing to do.

Perhaps there will be enough left for me to eat day after tomorrow when I
made the brown sugar chicken. It calls for a cup of brown sugar and some
lemon lime soda, so not something I would eat.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I loosely followed this recipe.
>
> http://www.cookingcache.com/crockpot...shtml?rdid=rc1
>
> I used more ground beef, onions and peppers than the recipe called for.
> Oddly the meat really cooked down a LOT! When I filled the crock-pot, it
> was mostly meat. But when I served it up, I had to really dig for it. I
> used a very lean organic beef. There was a lot of liquid in there after
> it cooked as well.
>
> I didn't use the gravy mix and not even sure what you were supposed to do
> with it since it doesn't say.
>
> Used olive oil instead of butter.
>
> And used tiny new red potatoes, cut into little wedges.
>
> I really like it! Angela was not impressed. And husband said he already
> ate dinner. I don't know what. Normally this doesn't mean anything and
> he will usually eat a big plate of whatever I fixed even though he already
> ate. Unfortunately this usually occurs AFTER I put the rest in the
> refrigerator which I am fixing to do.
>
> Perhaps there will be enough left for me to eat day after tomorrow when I
> made the brown sugar chicken. It calls for a cup of brown sugar and some
> lemon lime soda, so not something I would eat.

This looks like something I would have enjoyed pre-diabetes, but it's much
too carby for me now. Probably very tasty.

MaryL