Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nappa cabbage

Nicky just posted a recipe for Nappa cabbage to make Kim-Chee

I use it to make a marinated cole slaw. I slice into shreds, one whole
head of Nappa
Add chopped tomato, chopped green pepper, olives, celery, a tiny bit of
onion sliced thin (sweet onion is best)
Then add a nice vinaigrette dressing. A simple dressing of vinegar and oil
is fine. Allow it to wilt a little before you serve. It is a great party
salad because it doesn't completely wilt, and you can dress it beforehand
and it will keep through the whole party. This can also be done with
regular cabbage.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Evelyn" > wrote:

> Nicky just posted a recipe for Nappa cabbage to make Kim-Chee
>
> I use it to make a marinated cole slaw. I slice into shreds, one whole
> head of Nappa
> Add chopped tomato, chopped green pepper, olives, celery, a tiny bit of
> onion sliced thin (sweet onion is best)
> Then add a nice vinaigrette dressing. A simple dressing of vinegar and oil
> is fine. Allow it to wilt a little before you serve. It is a great party
> salad because it doesn't completely wilt, and you can dress it beforehand
> and it will keep through the whole party. This can also be done with
> regular cabbage.

A regular in my winter dinner rotation is braised cabbage. I read this
somewhere as a "warm cole slaw", but don't remember where or how that
recipe went.

Braise chopped cabbage in some kind of fat. I use peanut oil or bacon
fat. I generally add some thinly sliced hot pepper and some mixed
seasoning (salt, pepper, oregano or some such). Let cabbage cook until
very soft. Finish with a big glug of some kind of vinegar. I use apple
cider vinegar, but plain white vinegar would work as well.

I generally use green cabbage for this. I've used Savoy cabbage, but it
isn't as good. There's no reason it wouldn't work with red cabbage
either, but I think I'd use red pepper flakes instead of sliced hot
pepper.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:49:53 -0500, "Evelyn" >
wrote:

>Nicky just posted a recipe for Nappa cabbage to make Kim-Chee

Evelyn, you know there's a Nick (who's posted the sauerkraut and the
Kim-chee recipes) and me, Nicky, who's trying to decide which one to
make first? :P

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:49:53 -0500, "Evelyn" >
> wrote:
>
>>Nicky just posted a recipe for Nappa cabbage to make Kim-Chee

> Evelyn, you know there's a Nick (who's posted the sauerkraut and the
> Kim-chee recipes) and me, Nicky, who's trying to decide which one to
> make first? :P

Sorry Nicky. I must have mixed you up!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:

: Sorry Nicky. I must have mixed you up!

: --
: --
: Best Regards,
: Evelyn

Happens to all of us:-) Happy New Year.

I have another "quick an ddirty" recipe for either Nappa or regular
cabbage. Nappa is easier to slice. slice thin adn slice some onions,
also thin put in a large microwaveable container, add black pepper, soy
soauce, a bit of sesame oil, some freshly grated or dried grond ginger and
nuke until lslightly soft. Serve nice and hot. If you have more fancy
chinese ingregients and would like to add them, just go ahead. Wonderful
for fast weekday suppers with chicken fish or beef(don't know about
pork:-)

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Evelyn > wrote:
>

> : Sorry Nicky. I must have mixed you up!
>
> : --
> : --
> : Best Regards,
> : Evelyn
>
> Happens to all of us:-) Happy New Year.
>
> I have another "quick an ddirty" recipe for either Nappa or regular
> cabbage. Nappa is easier to slice. slice thin adn slice some onions,
> also thin put in a large microwaveable container, add black pepper, soy
> soauce, a bit of sesame oil, some freshly grated or dried grond ginger and
> nuke until lslightly soft. Serve nice and hot. If you have more fancy
> chinese ingregients and would like to add them, just go ahead. Wonderful
> for fast weekday suppers with chicken fish or beef(don't know about
> pork:-)
>
> Wendy

That sounds good, Wendy.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

And Done: Corned beef and Cabbage in the Cabbage Bowl jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 5 18-03-2016 05:12 PM
cabbage? Alice Faber Diabetic 0 09-11-2013 08:46 PM
Need Asian Chicken recipe using sesame oil and nappa cabbage cal[_2_] General Cooking 1 20-06-2012 01:13 AM
Cabbage for Cabbage Rolls [email protected] General Cooking 18 06-12-2008 04:58 PM
Cabbage Kevin General Cooking 6 19-06-2005 02:49 AM