Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

Evelyn wrote:

> [...]
> it is really and truly meant in the spirit of kindness for you.
>
> Every time someone mentions any food, you have a negative comment. You
> use the word "disgusting" in relation to a great many foods we talk
> about here extremely often. That is often quite a turnoff to read,
> especially when we are talking about food.
>
> People have commented that you seemed depressed. This was never meant
> in a mean way at all. It is meant in the way of concern for you. You
> are the perceiver of ill will, but there is no ill will put forth from
> others, you are imbueing it with ill will. So getting angry at that,
> is an inappropriate response.
>
> You seem to feel it is necessary that you tell everyone you can't eat
> this, and that is "disgusting," and how Angela won't eat it either, no
> matter what foods we talk about. Any suggestion people make to you in
> the spirit of kindness and wishing to help, you rebuff. You never
> say, "thanks for the suggestion, perhaps one day I will consider it" but
> will go into long tirades about how awful, how distasteful, how
> disgusting, this or that food...... or even simple storage methods or
> even cooking methods are. We here, are then placed in the position of
> being constantly rebuffed by you!
>
> You refer to making a nice soup with healthy fresh ingredients as
> "touching a dead animal" when we are a newsgroup made up of diabetics,
> who really MUST eat more protein than carbohydrates. Does this not
> seem ever so slightly inconsiderate to you?
>
> I say this in all kindness, that you might want to think about just not
> saying anything if you can't say something positive. My mom used to
> tell me that, and it was good advice. I have to do that all the time
> on other newsgroups I go to, to keep the peace. I listen to political
> opinions I think are sheer idiocy, and assholes who use filthy language,
> and people who just have a mean streak. That is the nature of
> newsgroups.
>
> I know you have a lot of challenges in life, and you have suffered
> illness from your diabetes, and many peoples hearts, including mine, go
> out to you for it. People offer suggestions to you all the time in the
> spirit of kindness, wanting to help you. But you are just so negative
> about anything anyone has to say. Can it be we are all idiots? Or
> can it be that you have a negative reaction to anyones advice? Or is
> it both?
>
> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I
> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have
> been there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who

Meanness alert !!!!

You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
consideration from me.

She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
conditions.
She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
darling other unhealthy treats.

Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive suggestions
should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
attitudes she
espouses.

Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
her as
though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

And I agree, she needs professional, mental counseling.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> > Mmmm! Linguini Vongole Bianca! Haven't had it in a while. A couple of
> > pounds of fresh clams (Cherrystones or Little Necks), a couple of cans
> > of chopped clams, a bottle of clam juice. Don't forget the Pinot
> > Grigio. Mama mia! Mangia! Mangia!

> Your forgot the crapload of garlic and fresh parsley!

Since I was responding to Evelyn's use of canned clams, I didn't mention
the "crapload" of garlic. Here's my complete recipe:

Linguini Vongole Bianca (White Clam Sauce)

Serves 4

3/4 cup of EVOO
4 to 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 Tbs chopped fresh parsley or 1Tbs dried
1Tbs chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 tsp dried
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves or ½ tsp dried
A large pinch of dried oregano
ground white or black pepper to taste
1-1/2 Dozen Cherrystone Clams shelled and chopped with juices reserved [see
NOTE below]
1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup dry Marsala or white wine
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
1 pound of linguini

1. Heat olive oil in large saute pan over medium heat.
2. Add garlic, cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms, cook 'til soft.
Stir in parsley, basil, thyme, oregano and pepper. [see NOTE below]
3. Add Clams with their juices, bring to a boil then lower heat to a
simmer and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in whipping cream and wine; heat
through, stirring occasionally.
4. While the sauce is cooking, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Add 1 Tbs of salt, two Tbs EVOO and the linguini.
5. Cook uncovered over high heat until Al dente.
6. Drain pasta, put back in pot add some butter and some of the sauce to
the pot and mix it up.
7. Dish out pasta spooning remaining sauce over top.
Garnish with chopped parsley and grated cheese.

NOTE: Clams were $6 a pound. I bought 1-1/2 pounds, which turned out to be
eight Little Necks. I let the Little Necks relax in one litre of cold
water with 7-1/2 tsp coarse Kosher salt (simulated seawater) for about
1/2 hour, then scrubbed them with a coarse brush. I also bought a can of
chopped clams in clam juice (next time I'll buy two, maybe three) and a
bottle of clam juice.

When the mushrooms were done, I added 1/2 cup of Pinot Grigio, turned the
heat up, put in the whole clams, covered and steamed 'til they popped open.
I removed them and proceeded as above, adding 1/2 cup of additional clam
juice and slightly reducing the sauce. Next time I'll reduce the sauce
more. Served with grated cheese and a couple of whole clams on top, plus a
couple of glasses of vino. Everyone's happy!

RSVPN

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> >> I have looked but haven't found them recently. Maybe just haven't
> >> checked all the stores. I get canned clams with broth Doxee brand,
> >> in Sam's club. In my old neighborhood the Grand Union used to sell
> >> minced clams fresh, right at the seafood counter. I used to make a
> >> linguine with white clam sauce that was to die for.

> > Mmmm! Linguini Vongole Bianca! Haven't had it in a while. A couple of
> > pounds of fresh clams (Cherrystones or Little Necks), a couple of cans
> > of chopped clams, a bottle of clam juice. Don't forget the Pinot
> > Grigio. Mama mia! Mangia! Mangia!

> ...and the Dreamfields linguini?

Durum semolina is the real deal for this Sichy from da Bronx, Bubule. I
exercise excrutiating portion control on my pastas. ;-(

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Evelyn wrote:
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> >> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
> >> [ . . . ]

> I'm not suggesting every parent should be like I was, but someone
> without a job who can't manage to fix nutritious meals for a child with
> food problems gets no sympathy from me. Sorry.

You're one of the people here (and in a few other places) that I have a
very high regard for, Janet. You've earned the good things that happen to
you in life.

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"High Miles" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:

>> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I
>> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
>> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
>> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
>> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
>> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
>> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been
>> there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you
>> only good in your life.
>>
>> Hugs......
>>

> Meanness alert !!!!

What purpose does the meaness serve though?

> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when she's
frustrated.

> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of consideration
> from me.

What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> conditions.
> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
> darling other unhealthy treats.

Which is her own business IMO.

> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive suggestions
> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the attitudes
> she
> espouses.

For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at her
word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support too
IMO.

> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on her
> as
> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
newsgroup. We are more
than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.

> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time poster
IMO.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:

> What purpose does the meaness serve though?

To voice what some others feel but are too nice to voice.

>> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

> That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when
> she's frustrated.

This is not a support group. It's a food group.
Not suitable for individual mental therapy.

>> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
>> consideration from me.

> What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

Just my opinion, based upon what she has written about herself.

>> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
>> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
>> conditions.
>> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
>> darling other unhealthy treats.

> Which is her own business IMO.

When she chooses to bore strangers with evidence of her poor judgment,
it becomes public business.

>> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
>> suggestions
>> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
>> attitudes she espouses.

> For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
> that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
> her word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is
> support too IMO.

Once again. Venting because you have failed to manage your life
properly does not fit on a food group.
Why doesn't she haul her mess to an appropriate forum ?

>> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
>> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
>> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit
>> post or
>> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
>> her as
>> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

> I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
> newsgroup. We are more
> than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.

I understand completely. I've filtered her because I don't choose to
provide an ear for someone who clearly refuses ALL offers of valid advice
from people who care.

> Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time
> poster IMO.
>

> Cheri

I was warned that she had staunch defenders at the other group, but
didn't know the undeserved 'sheltering' covered all the groups she
mucks in on.
From me - people get what they earn. Good or bad.
That one needs to be hit with a two by four until she manages to get
some sense...................if that's even possible this late in life.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" > wrote:

> "High Miles" > wrote in message
> > Evelyn wrote:

> >> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I
> >> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
> >> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
> >> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
> >> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
> >> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
> >> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been
> >> there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you
> >> only good in your life.
> >>
> >> Hugs......
> >>

> > Meanness alert !!!!

> What purpose does the meaness serve though?

Exactly.

> > You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

> That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when she's
> frustrated.
>
> > However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of consideration
> > from me.

> What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.

Exactly.

> > She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> > knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> > conditions.
> > She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
> > darling other unhealthy treats.

> Which is her own business IMO.
>
> > Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive suggestions
> > should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the attitudes
> > she
> > espouses.

> For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
> that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at her
> word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is support too
> IMO.

And the "many, many years" is the key. Those of us who have been around
for much of that time know something of Julie's back-story.

> > Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
> > to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
> > personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
> > posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on her
> > as
> > though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

> I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
> newsgroup. We are more
> than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.
>
> > I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

> Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time poster
> IMO.

Exactly. And, I would add, there are really very few circumstances in
which a public plonking is warranted. This isn't one of them.

Newsgroups are virtual communities, and, as such, have their evolved
cultures. As long as there is Usenet (and who knows how long that will
be), these cultures will be part of the landscape. That's why it used to
be recommended that newcomers lurk for a while, to try to understand the
culture they're coming into. The purpose of any newsgroup is what its
participants make of it.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"High Miles" > wrote in message
> [...]
>> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
>> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
>> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been
>> there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you
>> only good in your life.
>>
>> Hugs......
>>

> Meanness alert !!!!
>
> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.
>
> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of consideration
> from me.
>
> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
> conditions.
> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious

I'd say YOU'RE the bitch here! Driving in rain? Oh gee! Imagine that in a
suburb of Seattle. And how is buying her knitting needles for a class
spoiling her?
'
> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive suggestions
> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the attitudes
> she
> espouses.

Again, BITCH! I didn't ask for any suggestions.

> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post or
> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on her
> as
> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

Whatver.

> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

Riiiiiight. And yet you are replying.

> And I agree, she needs professional, mental counseling.

Whatever.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
> "High Miles" > wrote in message
>> Evelyn wrote:

>>> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I
>>> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
>>> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
>>> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
>>> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
>>> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
>>> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have
>>> been there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who
>>> wishes you only good in your life.
>>>
>>> Hugs......
>>>

>> Meanness alert !!!!

> What purpose does the meaness serve though?
>
>> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

> That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when she's
> frustrated.
>
>> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of consideration
>> from me.

> What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.
>
>> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to buy
>> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
>> conditions.
>> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
>> darling other unhealthy treats.

> Which is her own business IMO.
>
>> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
>> suggestions
>> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
>> attitudes she
>> espouses.

> For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
> that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
> her word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is
> support too IMO.
>
>> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the need
>> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
>> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post
>> or
>> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
>> her as
>> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

> I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
> newsgroup. We are more
> than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.
>
>> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid drivel.

> Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time poster
> IMO.

Yeah, well, I shall be taking a break from the newsgroups for a while. If
not a long while. Serves no purpose whatever for my being here now.

At least you've never been mean to me. And a few others...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Julie, please don't get angry, but consider what I am going to say, as it
> is really and truly meant in the spirit of kindness for you.
>
> Every time someone mentions any food, you have a negative comment. You
> use the word "disgusting" in relation to a great many foods we talk about
> here extremely often. That is often quite a turnoff to read, especially
> when we are talking about food.

I see. So it's okay for you to say you can't eat garlic. Or the other
person with the egg allergy to say she can't eat eggs. But it's not okay
for me to say such things. Guess you wouldn't like any of my family then
because they all have either food allergies or strong dislikes for things.
And that's both sides of the family. Both mine and my husband's. When I
cook for them, I try very hard to make dishes they can all eat.

> People have commented that you seemed depressed. This was never meant in
> a mean way at all. It is meant in the way of concern for you. You are
> the perceiver of ill will, but there is no ill will put forth from others,
> you are imbueing it with ill will. So getting angry at that, is an
> inappropriate response.

No? Being called a bitch is not ill will? Saying I don't feed my child
healthy food is not ill will?

> You seem to feel it is necessary that you tell everyone you can't eat
> this, and that is "disgusting," and how Angela won't eat it either, no
> matter what foods we talk about. Any suggestion people make to you in
> the spirit of kindness and wishing to help, you rebuff. You never say,
> "thanks for the suggestion, perhaps one day I will consider it" but will
> go into long tirades about how awful, how distasteful, how disgusting,
> this or that food...... or even simple storage methods or even cooking
> methods are. We here, are then placed in the position of being
> constantly rebuffed by you!

Well, what do you expect me to say when people are suggesting that I eat
food that I'm allergic to. Oh sure! I'll try that recipe. And then I'll
go to the Dr. for a sinus infection that I got after eating it. I don't
care what you eat or how you cook your food or store your food or whatever.
But just because I don't choose to do the same doesn't make me wrong!

> You refer to making a nice soup with healthy fresh ingredients as
> "touching a dead animal" when we are a newsgroup made up of diabetics, who
> really MUST eat more protein than carbohydrates. Does this not seem ever
> so slightly inconsiderate to you?

Well, I don't fit into that category. I do *not* eat more protein, nor am I
supposed to. Does that not seem slightly incondiserate to you to expecct me
to be the same? I am on a very strict diet and yes because of diabetes
complications.

> I say this in all kindness, that you might want to think about just not
> saying anything if you can't say something positive. My mom used to tell
> me that, and it was good advice. I have to do that all the time on
> other newsgroups I go to, to keep the peace. I listen to political
> opinions I think are sheer idiocy, and assholes who use filthy language,
> and people who just have a mean streak. That is the nature of
> newsgroups.

Well, that's not me. Never has been and never will. I was raised to speak
my mind. I do not listen to political opinions. I don't like politics at
all. I also do not try to keep the peace. I don't think that's my lot in
life. Neither do I want to be a trouble maker.

> I know you have a lot of challenges in life, and you have suffered illness
> from your diabetes, and many peoples hearts, including mine, go out to you
> for it. People offer suggestions to you all the time in the spirit of
> kindness, wanting to help you. But you are just so negative about
> anything anyone has to say. Can it be we are all idiots? Or can it be
> that you have a negative reaction to anyones advice? Or is it both?

I didn't say anyone was an idiot. Nor did I ask for an opinion or a
suggestion. I generally do not want advice from anyone, ever. That was
also the way I was raised. Yes, I might ask a question from time to time.
Like when I asked what people made in the crock-pot? In that case, I am
again not asking for advice but just asking what they use it for. I
recently learned I can use it to make rice. Not that people here will be
eating rice, but I do have a family that I cook for.

> I really don't know what it is. I know you are a nice person, and I know
> you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are definitely
> taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you is not meant
> in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think about what I
> say here, and consider that there are some issues that you may need to
> address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You can indeed be
> negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been there and done
> that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you only good in
> your life.
>
> Hugs......

I have pretty much been a negative person since birth. I don't know why
people here seem to think I should be all sunshine lollipops and roses.
That's just not me. Never will be.

Anyway... I'm out of here. I don't need this crap as an additional source
of stress to my already stressed life.

*poof*

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Cheri" > wrote in message

>>> Meanness alert !!!!

>> What purpose does the meaness serve though?
>>
>>> You have put the facts as gently and kindly as possible.

>> That's what support groups do, and Evelyn is always kind, even when she's
>> frustrated.
>>
>>> However, this silly bitch just doesn't deserve that kind of
>>> consideration from me.

>> What she doesn't deserve is to be called names like that.
>>
>>> She denies spoiling her daughter. But goes out in foul weather to
>>> buy
>>> knitting needles ? All the while, whining endlessly about driving
>>> conditions.
>>> She feeds an overweight gal french fries and I'm sure buys her precious
>>> darling other unhealthy treats.

>> Which is her own business IMO.
>>
>>> Her callous disregard and obvious disdain for any constructive
>>> suggestions
>>> should be a clue to all as to the sort of person she is, and the
>>> attitudes she
>>> espouses.

>> For many, many years...Julie has said that she mostly needs to vent, and
>> that she's NOT at all interested in advice in most cases. I take her at
>> her word, and allowing a diabetic to vent without harsh judgment is
>> support too IMO.
>>
>>> Most of us have or have had health problems, and yet do not feel the
>>> need
>>> to burden newsgroups with totally unrelated / off topic crap about our
>>> personal lives. Yet - not a day goes by without some half wit post
>>> or
>>> posts from this silly article. Still, some people seem to dote on
>>> her as
>>> though she were a damaged child, and not a selfish, if clueless adult.

>> I don't see her that way at all, and certainly not as a burden to the
>> newsgroup. We are more
>> than just diabetics, we're people who sometimes need an ear.
>>
>>> I have her filtered, to avoid wasting time and space on her vapid
>>> drivel.

>> Filtering somebody beats the Heck out of beating up on a long time poster
>> IMO.

> Yeah, well, I shall be taking a break from the newsgroups for a while. If
> not a long while. Serves no purpose whatever for my being here now.
>
> At least you've never been mean to me. And a few others...

Sorry you decided to take it all wrong.
Going away won't solve the matter at all.
You are currently into this "victim" thing, apparently, but that wasn't what
was meant.
I gave you good advice, and I hoped you'd stop and think about it more
deeply.
Apparently you are oblivious to anyone's feelings but your own.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

> I'd say YOU'RE the bitch here! Driving in rain? Oh gee! Imagine that in a
> suburb of Seattle. And how is buying her knitting needles for a class
> spoiling her?

Gee
Have trouble keeping your bullshit straight too eh?
A bit earlier it was a club...................now it's a class.

> Again, BITCH! I didn't ask for any suggestions.

No - you just whine and moan and bore people to death with details
of your dreadful personal and family life.

> Whatver.

Bet you use that one a lot.

Is this a food group, or your personal pity party station ?
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick, next time try that little bit of lemon juice in with the wine. It
really perks it up!

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [...]

> chopped clams in clam juice (next time I'll buy two, maybe three) and a
> bottle of clam juice.
>
> When the mushrooms were done, I added 1/2 cup of Pinot Grigio, turned the
> heat up, put in the whole clams, covered and steamed 'til they popped
> open.
> I removed them and proceeded as above, adding 1/2 cup of additional clam
> juice and slightly reducing the sauce. Next time I'll reduce the sauce
> more. Served with grated cheese and a couple of whole clams on top, plus a
> couple of glasses of vino. Everyone's happy!
>
> RSVPN
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>
>> Julie, please don't get angry, but consider what I am going to say, as it
>> is really and truly meant in the spirit of kindness for you.
>>
>> Every time someone mentions any food, you have a negative comment. You
>> use the word "disgusting" in relation to a great many foods we talk about
>> here extremely often. That is often quite a turnoff to read, especially
>> when we are talking about food.

> I see. So it's okay for you to say you can't eat garlic. Or the other
> person with the egg allergy to say she can't eat eggs. But it's not okay
> for me to say such things. Guess you wouldn't like any of my family then
> because they all have either food allergies or strong dislikes for things.
> And that's both sides of the family. Both mine and my husband's. When I
> cook for them, I try very hard to make dishes they can all eat.
>> People have commented that you seemed depressed. This was never meant in
>> a mean way at all. It is meant in the way of concern for you. You are
>> the perceiver of ill will, but there is no ill will put forth from others,
>> you are imbueing it with ill will. So getting angry at that, is an
>> inappropriate response.
>>

> No? Being called a bitch is not ill will? Saying I don't feed my child
> healthy food is not ill will?

You get what you deserve baby.
Some people just give you the kid glove treatment because they are soft
hearted and feel sorry for such a total loser.

> Well, what do you expect me to say when people are suggesting that I eat
> food that I'm allergic to. Oh sure! I'll try that recipe. And then I'll
> go to the Dr. for a sinus infection that I got after eating it. I don't
> care what you eat or how you cook your food or store your food or whatever.
> But just because I don't choose to do the same doesn't make me wrong!

Sounds like you've got a little psychological hypochondria working as well.

> Well, I don't fit into that category. I do *not* eat more protein, nor am I
> supposed to. Does that not seem slightly incondiserate to you to expecct me
> to be the same? I am on a very strict diet and yes because of diabetes
> complications.

It's the WAY you continuously respond negatively that is so irritating.
Some of these people have bought your 'poor me' line and are really
trying to be helpful.

> Well, that's not me. Never has been and never will. I was raised to speak
> my mind. I do not listen to political opinions. I don't like politics at
> all. I also do not try to keep the peace. I don't think that's my lot in
> life.

You just want to tell the world about your bad choices and bad luck
until............................when ?

> I didn't say anyone was an idiot. Nor did I ask for an opinion or a
> suggestion. I generally do not want advice from anyone, ever. That was
> also the way I was raised.

So you turned out just like the losers who raised you to be what you are.
That's nothing to be proud of now is it ?

> I have pretty much been a negative person since birth. I don't know why
> people here seem to think I should be all sunshine lollipops and roses.
> That's just not me. Never will be.

You need a psychiatrist to help you live a more normal life.
Lots of people with health challenges are very happy and well adjusted.

> Anyway... I'm out of here. I don't need this crap as an additional source
> of stress to my already stressed life.
>
> *poof*

Well poof - you make your life what it is.
I just feel very sorry for your daughter and husband.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> Nick, next time try that little bit of lemon juice in with the wine. It
> really perks it up!

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Susan > wrote:

> > Linguini Vongole Bianca (White Clam Sauce)

[ . . . ]

Duly noted. I use butter and lemon juice as the dip for steamers, so why
not? I'll try that next time. Thanks, Evelyn.

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> [...]

>> know you like to write. I always read your posts, but they are
>> definitely taking a more negative trend lately. Mentioning it to you
>> is not meant in anything but kindness. I genuinely hope you will think
>> about what I say here, and consider that there are some issues that you
>> may need to address. You can indeed be depressed and not know it. You
>> can indeed be negative sounding, when you don't mean to be. I have been
>> there and done that myself. I tell you this as a friend who wishes you
>> only good in your life.
>>
>> Hugs......
>>

> I have pretty much been a negative person since birth. I don't know why
> people here seem to think I should be all sunshine lollipops and roses.
> That's just not me. Never will be.
>
> Anyway... I'm out of here. I don't need this crap as an additional
> source of stress to my already stressed life.

Julie,

Too bad you feel that way. Guess it hit a nerve. It was supposed to hit
a nerve and make you think. So it hit the nerve but you refuse to think.

So you will go away rather than face it?

Rationalize it away, and go away too, if you must, but you have been told
the truth, Julie. I am apparently not the only one who thinks that you are
on a wrong path, not only with food, but with your daughter, and your
attitude towards food. You are making your child as neurotic about food as
you are. This is NOT an insult, it is a wake up call.

There are LOTS of foods I don't like and foods I don't eat, but I don't feel
a burning need to bust other peoples chops telling them how "disgusting"
those foods are. Notice how FEW other people here go into such tirades
about foods they don't like? They just ignore it when people talk about
things they don't like.

You aren't ready to face the fact that you aren't making any sense. If you
won't eat your own fresh cooking a day later, yet you will eat some nasty
frozen overpriced chicken nuggets that who knows who cooked them and who
knows WHEN they were cooked..... well that's plain crazy.

If you don't like previously frozen food and you won't touch dead animal
meat.......well all I can say is that it is no wonder you are suffering from
so many ailments. Chicken nuggets are not only frozen, but they are not
healthy food, and I don't care how organic they say they are.

You won't believe this, but you really need to consider eating lower
carbohydrates, Julie. All the studies say that diabetics do better on
higher protein and lower carbs. You already are suffering all sorts of
complications. What are you thinking?

Do you want your daughter to lose her mother too young because she didn't
LIKE to eat right?

And by the way, the word SUPPORT is not in this newsgroup. This is a FOOD
newsgroup. With all your dislikes you need to consider that.

But even if SUPPORT is not in the name of this newsgroup, SUPPORT doesn't
always come in a nice package. It sometimes means that people care enough
to tell you the truth, whether you LIKE what they say or not.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> > "Evelyn" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]

*** red tsu der vant!

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"High Miles" > wrote in message
> [...]

>> I didn't say anyone was an idiot. Nor did I ask for an opinion or a
>> suggestion. I generally do not want advice from anyone, ever. That was
>> also the way I was raised.

> So you turned out just like the losers who raised you to be what you are.
> That's nothing to be proud of now is it ?
>>
>> I have pretty much been a negative person since birth. I don't know why
>> people here seem to think I should be all sunshine lollipops and roses.
>> That's just not me. Never will be.

> You need a psychiatrist to help you live a more normal life.
> Lots of people with health challenges are very happy and well adjusted.
>>
>> Anyway... I'm out of here. I don't need this crap as an additional
>> source of stress to my already stressed life.
>>
>> *poof*

> Well poof - you make your life what it is.
> I just feel very sorry for your daughter and husband.

I feel sorry for her too.
She is so busy putting up barriers and refusing help and saying "nay" to
everything, that she is harming herself.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>>> [ . . . ]

> *** red tsu der vant!

Apparently - that's what so many have been doing.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 19:08:17 -0600, High Miles >
wrote:

>Meanness alert !!!!

Not justified, Dorothy. Julie has a LOT of challenges, you'd have only
seen a small sample in the time you've been reading here. Right now is
a particularly bad patch for her, it seems; in fact, it feels like
life has actually picked UP a little bit since her husband got a
cancer dx.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 08 Jan 2009 23:06:41 -0500, Susan > wrote:

>I wonder if you can consider that her food intolerances and atypical
>progression of her "diabetes" is part of a disease process that's
>undiagnosed and not a character disorder, though?

Exactly.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.3% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> There are no two by fours on newsgroups. But sometimes someone really
> needs to be told before they do greater harm to themselves and their
> kid. I did Julie a great favor by telling her she needs help. She just
> doesn't know it yet.

IMO, Evelyn did a very nice thing. She, and others here, do care for
Julie and we have been watching her struggle and get deeper into
whatever it is that is making her extremely negative.

Julie, you should thank Evelyn for her kindness and look into getting
some help.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> But even if SUPPORT is not in the name of this newsgroup, SUPPORT
> doesn't always come in a nice package. It sometimes means that people
> care enough to tell you the truth, whether you LIKE what they say or not.

A Usenet "intervention" is happening here. People don't "intervene" with
those they don't care about. Think about it.

Julie, I'm sorry you took offense at my posting but you were writing
about taking your daughter out to eat IIRC, twice in a week. With all
that you have written about the special food requirements of yourself
and your daughter, I could not help but react to your feeding her
restaurant food, which, we all know, is filled with mystery ingredients.
Think about it.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> Evelyn wrote:

>> I'm not suggesting every parent should be like I was, but someone
>> without a job who can't manage to fix nutritious meals for a child with
>> food problems gets no sympathy from me. Sorry.

> You're one of the people here (and in a few other places) that I have a
> very high regard for, Janet. You've earned the good things that happen to
> you in life.

Well, thank you, Nick. You're one of my favorites, too. That's why I
invited you to come and visit in way-the-heck-south Texas where it is
in the mid 80's today.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:

> NOTE: Clams were $6 a pound. I bought 1-1/2 pounds, which turned out to be
> eight Little Necks. I let the Little Necks relax in one litre of cold
> water with 7-1/2 tsp coarse Kosher salt (simulated seawater) for about
> 1/2 hour, then scrubbed them with a coarse brush. I also bought a can of
> chopped clams in clam juice (next time I'll buy two, maybe three) and a
> bottle of clam juice.

I've always put fresh clams in water with corn meal. I don't know who
told me about it, but it makes them spit the sand.

Janet, wishing there were fresh clams in way-the-heck-south Texas.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>> Nick, next time try that little bit of lemon juice in with the wine. It
>> really perks it up!

>>> Linguini Vongole Bianca (White Clam Sauce)

> [ . . . ]
>
> Duly noted. I use butter and lemon juice as the dip for steamers, so why
> not? I'll try that next time. Thanks, Evelyn.

Sigh. I miss steamers. I don't dip mine in anything but the broth to
clean them up. If the clams are fresh and sweet, I hate adulterating
their flavor with anything.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:
>
>> There are no two by fours on newsgroups. But sometimes someone really
>> needs to be told before they do greater harm to themselves and their kid.
>> I did Julie a great favor by telling her she needs help. She just
>> doesn't know it yet.
>>

> IMO, Evelyn did a very nice thing. She, and others here, do care for Julie
> and we have been watching her struggle and get deeper into whatever it is
> that is making her extremely negative.
>
> Julie, you should thank Evelyn for her kindness and look into getting some
> help.

Thank you Janet for understanding. I have been feeling TERRIBLY guilty
because obviously Julie didn't get what I was saying and has gone away mad.
This makes me sad.

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> Janet Wilder > wrote:

>>> I'm not suggesting every parent should be like I was, but someone
>>> without a job who can't manage to fix nutritious meals for a child with
>>> food problems gets no sympathy from me. Sorry.

>> You're one of the people here (and in a few other places) that I have a
>> very high regard for, Janet. You've earned the good things that happen to
>> you in life.
>>

> Well, thank you, Nick. You're one of my favorites, too. That's why I
> invited you to come and visit in way-the-heck-south Texas where it is in
> the mid 80's today.

Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight. (biting
nails and looking wild eyed).

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> "Evelyn" > wrote:
>>> Nick, next time try that little bit of lemon juice in with the wine.
>>> It
>>> really perks it up!

>> [ . . . ]
>>
>> Duly noted. I use butter and lemon juice as the dip for steamers, so why
>> not? I'll try that next time. Thanks, Evelyn.
>>

> Sigh. I miss steamers. I don't dip mine in anything but the broth to clean
> them up. If the clams are fresh and sweet, I hate adulterating their
> flavor with anything.

They scream for lemon. You gotta listen real close!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> You're one of the people here (and in a few other places) that I have a
>>> very high regard for, Janet. You've earned the good things that
>>> happen to
>>> you in life.
>>>

>> Well, thank you, Nick. You're one of my favorites, too. That's why I
>> invited you to come and visit in way-the-heck-south Texas where it is
>> in the mid 80's today.

> Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight.
> (biting nails and looking wild eyed).

S N O W is a 4 letter word. :-)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Evelyn wrote:

>>> Well, thank you, Nick. You're one of my favorites, too. That's why I
>>> invited you to come and visit in way-the-heck-south Texas where it is
>>> in the mid 80's today.

>> Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight.
>> (biting nails and looking wild eyed).
>>

> S N O W is a 4 letter word. :-)

Hey we got 3 more months of this nasty white shit falling from the sky!!!!!!
;-P

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn wrote:

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Evelyn wrote:
>>
>>> There are no two by fours on newsgroups. But sometimes someone
>>> really needs to be told before they do greater harm to themselves and
>>> their kid. I did Julie a great favor by telling her she needs help.
>>> She just doesn't know it yet.
>>>

>> IMO, Evelyn did a very nice thing. She, and others here, do care for
>> Julie and we have been watching her struggle and get deeper into
>> whatever it is that is making her extremely negative.
>>
>> Julie, you should thank Evelyn for her kindness and look into getting
>> some help.

> Thank you Janet for understanding. I have been feeling TERRIBLY guilty
> because obviously Julie didn't get what I was saying and has gone away
> mad. This makes me sad.

Please don't feel guilty. You did what you did out of concern and
thoughtfulness. It was obvious where you were coming from. Others may
not have seen that you came from your heart, but plenty of us, whoo
probably are just lurking, did.

The consequences are *not* your responsibility.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote in message

> Thank you Janet for understanding. I have been feeling TERRIBLY guilty
> because obviously Julie didn't get what I was saying and has gone away
> mad. This makes me sad.

I don't think for one minute that she went away mad over *your* post Evelyn,
I would imagine that it was being called a bitch and the insinuation that
she's a bad mother because she doesn't prepare her food the way some others
do that upset her. FWIW, I thought your post was compassionate and kind.
Julie will be back, and sometimes it's good to get away from the groups for
awhile anyway. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Evelyn > wrote:

: >> Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight.
: >> (biting nails and looking wild eyed).
: >>
: >
: > S N O W is a 4 letter word. :-)

: Hey we got 3 more months of this nasty white shit falling from the sky!!!!!!
: ;-P

When we get snow I get housebound. My lvoely chariot(large blue shopping
cart) doen't go well in the snow. I hpe to get out tomorrow morning as
there is a Bar Mitzvah I want to attend and the snow is not expecteduntil
arond noon, with it gettign heavy around 4PM. I should be home well
before then. I hate the thought of being housebound Sunday! I have been
having a great time this week gadding about with my chariot and would like
to continue the pattern. Oh Phooey!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > Janet Wilder > wrote:

> Well, thank you, Nick. You're one of my favorites, too. That's why I
> invited you to come and visit in way-the-heck-south Texas where it is
> in the mid 80's today.

You're SW of Galveston IIRC

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Evelyn wrote:
> >
> >> There are no two by fours on newsgroups. But sometimes someone
> >> really needs to be told before they do greater harm to themselves and
> >> their kid. I did Julie a great favor by telling her she needs help.
> >> She just doesn't know it yet.

> > IMO, Evelyn did a very nice thing. She, and others here, do care for
> > Julie and we have been watching her struggle and get deeper into
> > whatever it is that is making her extremely negative.
> >
> > Julie, you should thank Evelyn for her kindness and look into getting
> > some help.

> Thank you Janet for understanding. I have been feeling TERRIBLY guilty
> because obviously Julie didn't get what I was saying and has gone away
> mad. This makes me sad.

Evelyn, I've learned how powerful denial is. IMHO Julie did get what you
and others were saying and didn't wan to to admit it to herself or us and
didn't want to deal with it. A little time-out might be good for her. I
hope she comes back, even though I bit my tongue many times over her.

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Susan" > wrote in message
> > Janet Wilder wrote:
> > [ . . . ]

> Yeah, I know.... (hanging head looking dejected.....)

Buck up, girl! Dejection does not behoove you. Do some Samadhi.

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn" > wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer wrote:

> > Sigh. I miss steamers. I don't dip mine in anything but the broth to
> > clean them up. If the clams are fresh and sweet, I hate adulterating
> > their flavor with anything.

> They scream for lemon. You gotta listen real close!

Back in the 50's, me and my kid brother used to go to City Island, NY, and
get a couple of buckets of steamers. Always with butter and lemon!

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Evelyn wrote:
> > "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> >> Evelyn wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]

> Please don't feel guilty. You did what you did out of concern and
> thoughtfulness. It was obvious where you were coming from. Others may
> not have seen that you came from your heart, but plenty of us, whoo
> probably are just lurking, did.
>
> The consequences are *not* your responsibility.

It's difficult to tailor the message so that it's accepted by the intended
recipient. I think Evelyn and many others did their best. I thought
Evelyn's post was made with what is called Metta Caruna in Pali. Compassion
and Loving-Kindness.

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "High Miles" > wrote in message
> > Susan wrote:
> >> Janet Wilder wrote:

[ . . . ]
> I love snow, unfortunately here in the San Joaquin Valley of CA, there is
> none.

I love snow, too. Fortunately here in the San Fernando Valley of CA, there
is none! ;-)