Old 23-01-2009, 03:16 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default New Year's black Eyed Peas

"Evelyn" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Evelyn wrote:

: Janet, you lucky gal. We are expecting 8 inches of snow tonight.
: (biting nails and looking wild eyed).
:
:
: S N O W is a 4 letter word. :-)

: Hey we got 3 more months of this nasty white shit falling from the
sky!!!!!!
: ;-P

When we get snow I get housebound. My lvoely chariot(large blue shopping
cart) doen't go well in the snow. I hpe to get out tomorrow morning as
there is a Bar Mitzvah I want to attend and the snow is not expecteduntil
arond noon, with it gettign heavy around 4PM. I should be home well
before then. I hate the thought of being housebound Sunday! I have been
having a great time this week gadding about with my chariot and would
like
to continue the pattern. Oh Phooey!

Wendy

Wendy up here in the mountains we have had ice storm after ice storm. My
balance isn't so good anymore. I feel very unstable when I walk on ice.
In fact it is downright scary. Right now it is 14 degrees out. there
is a big storm on the way that is supposed to bring as much as 8 inches of
snow on top of all the ice we already have. The entire next week is
projected to be in the teens and below and not a single day above
freezing. Today I went to Adams and bought stuff to do some serious
cooking with. Tomorrow I will make a beef barley mushroom soup to put
away in the freezer for our lunches, and I will do laundry in between
that..... Hope you do get out and about tomorrow too!

Best Regards,
Evelyn

Is that temperature low enough that the snow stays snow and doesn't turn
to ice? That's what happened the winter I was working in Minnesota, so
I only saw slippery spots one day while I was there.

Robert

Old 23-01-2009, 12:20 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" wrote in message

"Evelyn" wrote in message

"W. Baker" wrote in message
Evelyn wrote:

[...]

Robert it is essential around here that you clean up the snow as soon as
possible. If it gets a tiny thaw in between and refreezes, it turns to ice
that you can never get rid of unless you chop it out.
Best Regards,
Evelyn

Rest in a sky-like mind.
Sit like a mountain floating on the earth.
Breathe like the wind circling the world