Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Need help translating a recipe

I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot beans are.
I tried looking this up and have found that they could be white or navy or
pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.

I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts are.

Can anyone translaste it?

Thanks.

Oh.... Here's the link.

http://stage.bbcamerica.com:8082//co.../mckeith14.jsp

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Try Fazolia beans.

190 C=374 F. So a 375 F setting for you.

Julie Bove wrote:
> I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
> looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot
> beans are. I tried looking this up and have found that they could be
> white or navy or pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.
>
> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the
> amounts are.
> Can anyone translaste it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Oh.... Here's the link.
>
> http://stage.bbcamerica.com:8082//co.../mckeith14.jsp

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Try Fazolia beans.
>
> 190 C=374 F. So a 375 F setting for you.

No such beans here.

Thanks!

> Julie Bove wrote:
>> I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
>> looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot
>> beans are. I tried looking this up and have found that they could be
>> white or navy or pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.
>>
>> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the
>> amounts are.
>> Can anyone translaste it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Oh.... Here's the link.
>>
>> http://stage.bbcamerica.com:8082//co.../mckeith14.jsp

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
> looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot beans
> are. I tried looking this up and have found that they could be white or
> navy or pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.
>
> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts
> are.
>
> Can anyone translaste it?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Oh.... Here's the link.
>
> http://stage.bbcamerica.com:8082//co.../mckeith14.jsp

Haricot Bean Loaf

Haricot beans are an excellent source of protein and support kidney adrenal
function, metabolism, and regulation of blood sugar levels. [Fagioli! Think
Pasta fazool! Navy beans or Northern whites are about the same, too.] [My
notes in square brackets [like this].]

SERVES 4

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
2.5-cm [1 inch] piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
half teaspoon ground cumin
half teaspoon ground coriander
1 onion, peeled and quartered
3 carrots, trimmed, peeled and grated
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
50 g [2 oz] sunflower seeds
24 g [1 oz] oat bran
1 tbsp wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder
410-g [14.5 Oz] can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
410-g [14.5 Oz] can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed grated

[It's not rocket science! Close is good enough!]

Method:

Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5 [375°F]. Lightly oil a 900-g [2 pound
or 1 qt] loaf tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.

Put the remaining oil and the leek in a small saucepan and cook over a low
heat for 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cumin, and coriander and cook for a
further minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.

Place the onion, carrots, garlic, parsley, sunflower seeds, oat bran,
bouillon powder, and one of the cans of beans (either will do) in a food
processor and blend for 20 seconds until semi-smooth. Transfer into a large
bowl and stir in the second can of beans and the leek mixture.

Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown
in color.

Turn out of the tin on to a serving plate. Serve either hot or cold with a
lightly dressed salad.

HTH

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 22:20:10 -0800, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
>looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot beans are.
>I tried looking this up and have found that they could be white or navy or
>pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.
>
>I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts are.

Anything that ends up white and floury would be fine. Can't go too
wrong with beans... assuming you can eat them. The oven temp is 375.

Made me feel all funny, looking up a Gillian McKeith recipe - she's
such a crap academic (look up her educational qualifications, if you
don't believe me) that I generally just shudder and pass anything
she's touched on by. Maybe she can cook, though...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> I have seen this on "You Are What You Eat" and they say it is yummy. It
>> looks yummy. I want to make it. But I am not sure what haricot beans
>> are. I tried looking this up and have found that they could be white or
>> navy or pea or even pinto beans. So confusing.
>>
>> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts
>> are.
>>
>> Can anyone translaste it?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Oh.... Here's the link.
>>
>> http://stage.bbcamerica.com:8082//co.../mckeith14.jsp

> Haricot Bean Loaf
>
> Haricot beans are an excellent source of protein and support kidney adrenal
> function, metabolism, and regulation of blood sugar levels. [Fagioli! Think
> Pasta fazool! Navy beans or Northern whites are about the same, too.] [My
> notes in square brackets [like this].]
>

> SERVES 4
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 2 tsp olive oil
> 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
> 2.5-cm [1 inch] piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
> half teaspoon ground cumin
> half teaspoon ground coriander
> 1 onion, peeled and quartered
> 3 carrots, trimmed, peeled and grated
> 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
> 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
> 50 g [2 oz] sunflower seeds
> 24 g [1 oz] oat bran
> 1 tbsp wheat-free vegetable bouillon powder
> 410-g [14.5 Oz] can haricot beans, drained and rinsed
> 410-g [14.5 Oz] can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed grated
>
> [It's not rocket science! Close is good enough!]
>
> Method:
>

> Preheat the oven to 190C/gas mark 5 [375°F]. Lightly oil a 900-g [2 pound
> or 1 qt] loaf tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
>
> Put the remaining oil and the leek in a small saucepan and cook over a low
> heat for 5 minutes. Add the ginger, cumin, and coriander and cook for a
> further minute. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
>
> Place the onion, carrots, garlic, parsley, sunflower seeds, oat bran,
> bouillon powder, and one of the cans of beans (either will do) in a food
> processor and blend for 20 seconds until semi-smooth. Transfer into a large
> bowl and stir in the second can of beans and the leek mixture.
>
> Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown
> in color.
>
> Turn out of the tin on to a serving plate. Serve either hot or cold with a
> lightly dressed salad.
>
> HTH

Sounds good. With beans, anything goes. Use any bean you like. I
especially like the mixes.

It needs chopped sauteed mushrooms post-processing, IMO, and a half-tsp
of turmeric with FGBP.

Vicki
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts are.
>
> Can anyone translaste it?

Julie, there are several conversion sites out there. One for cooking is
http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking.htm

You can get the temperature and measurement conversions off of there.

HTH.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Peppermint Patootie" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>
>> I also don't know what that setting on the oven is or what the amounts
>> are.
>>
>> Can anyone translaste it?

> Julie, there are several conversion sites out there. One for cooking is
> http://www.onlineconversion.com/cooking.htm
>
> You can get the temperature and measurement conversions off of there.

Thanks!

Looking for pasta recipe from Healthy Meals in Minutes recipe cards Joe[_28_] General Cooking 6 10-10-2013 09:34 AM
Need help translating British flour names in to American Mark A.Meggs Baking 10 05-10-2008 09:25 PM
Need help translating British flour names in to American Mark A.Meggs General Cooking 10 05-10-2008 09:25 PM
Help translating a mug Dominic T. Tea 4 11-12-2007 11:41 PM
Anybody know any Italian? Need help translating risotto instructions. [email protected] General Cooking 10 27-03-2006 01:03 AM