Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pan roasted pork chops with cranberries and red swiss chard

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> percy wrote:
> >> Cranberry Relish
> >>
> >> Place 1 cup water and 1 cup splenda or sugar in a sauce pan; bring to
> >> a boil. Add a 12 oz. bag of fresh cranberries. Return to a boil. Cook
> >> without stirring, 10 minutes. Cool. Add 1 to 2 Jalapenos finely
> >> chopped, 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, half teaspoon cumin, 2 sliced
> >> green onions and 1 tablespoon lime juice. Stir well. Serve chilled
> >> or room temperature. Better the next day.
> >> Serves 8

> > Now *this* sounds better than anything else!
> >
> > I'd cut way back on the cilantro, but that's just me.

> Me too, I don't mind it in Thai food at Thai restaurants but in places
> that aren't Thai who do Thai salads etc absolutely overdo it.

Jun doesn't use a lot of cilantro in her Thai cooking. She does use a lot
of Jalapeños, Serranos or Thai chiles, but gauges the heat level to what I
like. I get the cilantro as a garnish or in other stuff, as appropriate,
because she knows I like it. I AM the King!!!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:

> Jun doesn't use a lot of cilantro in her Thai cooking. She does use a
> lot of Jalapeños, Serranos or Thai chiles, but gauges the heat level
> to what I like. I get the cilantro as a garnish or in other stuff, as
> appropriate, because she knows I like it. I AM the King!!!

lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
> > Jun doesn't use a lot of cilantro in her Thai cooking. She does use a
> > lot of Jalapeños, Serranos or Thai chiles, but gauges the heat level
> > to what I like. I get the cilantro as a garnish or in other stuff, as
> > appropriate, because she knows I like it. I AM the King!!!

> lol

Lese majeste!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>
>>> Jun doesn't use a lot of cilantro in her Thai cooking. She does use
>>> a lot of Jalapeños, Serranos or Thai chiles, but gauges the heat
>>> level to what I like. I get the cilantro as a garnish or in other
>>> stuff, as appropriate, because she knows I like it. I AM the King!!!

>> lol

> Lese majeste!

I know a few guys who'd like to take your place

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:

>>> lol

>> Lese majeste!

> I know a few guys who'd like to take your place

But...no women who would like to take Juns' place? Just kidding. LOL

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> lol

> > Lese majeste!

> I know a few guys who'd like to take your place

You have no idea how lucky I consider myself. The best 18 years of my life!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> Lese majeste!

> > I know a few guys who'd like to take your place

> But...no women who would like to take Juns' place? Just kidding. LOL

Cheri, the great thing is that Jun is as happy as am I. She is my Queen!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" > wrote:

>> > I know a few guys who'd like to take your place

>> But...no women who would like to take Juns' place? Just kidding. LOL

> Cheri, the great thing is that Jun is as happy as am I. She is my Queen!

I know, that's why I could make the joke. You always sound like you two have
a great thing going. Good for both of you. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> But...no women who would like to take Juns' place? Just kidding. LOL

> > Cheri, the great thing is that Jun is as happy as am I. She is my
> > Queen!

> I know, that's why I could make the joke. You always sound like you two
> have a great thing going. Good for both of you. :-)

I read your entire post, Cheri. Thanks for your good thoughts. Here's a pic
of the happy couple from November of last year:

http://www.tinypic.info/files/zdaxies2pm6m7tj44unt.jpg

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Cheri" > wrote:

>> > Cheri, the great thing is that Jun is as happy as am I. She is my
>> > Queen!

>> I know, that's why I could make the joke. You always sound like you two
>> have a great thing going. Good for both of you. :-)

> I read your entire post, Cheri. Thanks for your good thoughts. Here's a
> pic
> of the happy couple from November of last year:

You look like a very happy, contented couple!!!!

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> I know, that's why I could make the joke. You always sound like you
> >> two have a great thing going. Good for both of you. :-)

> > I read your entire post, Cheri. Thanks for your good thoughts. Here's a
> > pic of the happy couple from November of last year:

> You look like a very happy, contented couple!!!!

The best 18 years of my life, ma Cheri!

I support them at https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> percy wrote:

>> > Now *this* sounds better than anything else!
>> >
>> > I'd cut way back on the cilantro, but that's just me.

>> Me too, I don't mind it in Thai food at Thai restaurants but in places
>> that aren't Thai who do Thai salads etc absolutely overdo it.

> Jun doesn't use a lot of cilantro in her Thai cooking. She does use a lot
> of Jalapeños, Serranos or Thai chiles, but gauges the heat level to what I
> like. I get the cilantro as a garnish or in other stuff, as appropriate,
> because she knows I like it. I AM the King!!!

Have you informed Jun yet, that you are King???...LOL
jacquie

> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> Have you informed Jun yet, that you are King???...LOL

She informed me! ;-D

I support them at
https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Pan roasted pork chops with cranberries and red swiss chard Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 4 12-11-2008 04:42 AM
Pan roasted pork chops with cranberries and red swiss chard Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 10-11-2008 10:16 AM
Pan roasted pork chops with cranberries and red swiss chard Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 08-11-2008 08:21 AM
Swiss chard Eric Deaver Preserving 4 31-08-2005 04:42 PM
What t do with Swiss Chard sarah bennett General Cooking 25 25-07-2005 05:27 AM