Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Great pot roast recipe; mushroom base

In article >,
"W. Baker" > wrote:

> Maybe a brisket competition. I wudl put my caramelized brisket, a long
> time family recipe, up against any other:-) The recipe is floating around
> the web as well as being in the archives of the jewish-food website,
> jewoshfood-list.com. How do I know it is floating around? I
> occasionally get notes form odd peole wo hve found it somewhere ou there.

I may try that recipe. That's certainly a good recipe site. I think I
was Jewish in a previous incarnation. ;-)

I have only one question... what's "deckle?" It's in the Beef & Veal
section at the bottom. I googled it and got papermaking and Photoshop
stuff.

PP
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Peppermint Patootie > wrote:

> In article >,
> "W. Baker" > wrote:
>
> > Maybe a brisket competition. I wudl put my caramelized brisket, a long
> > time family recipe, up against any other:-) The recipe is floating around
> > the web as well as being in the archives of the jewish-food website,
> > jewoshfood-list.com. How do I know it is floating around? I
> > occasionally get notes form odd peole wo hve found it somewhere ou there.

> I may try that recipe. That's certainly a good recipe site. I think I
> was Jewish in a previous incarnation. ;-)
>
> I have only one question... what's "deckle?" It's in the Beef & Veal
> section at the bottom. I googled it and got papermaking and Photoshop
> stuff.
>
> PP

Never mind. I googled on "deckle meat" and found out. It seems to be
"point cut" rather than "flat cut." I prefer point cut for my corned
beef, so I take the point of the author of one of the deckle pot roast
recipes that it works better with deckle than with flat.

PP: learning, learning, always learning....
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Peppermint Patootie > wrote:
: In article >,
: "W. Baker" > wrote:

: > Maybe a brisket competition. I wudl put my caramelized brisket, a long
: > time family recipe, up against any other:-) The recipe is floating around
: > the web as well as being in the archives of the jewish-food website,
: > jewoshfood-list.com. How do I know it is floating around? I
: > occasionally get notes form odd peole wo hve found it somewhere ou there.

: I may try that recipe. That's certainly a good recipe site. I think I
: was Jewish in a previous incarnation. ;-)

: I have only one question... what's "deckle?" It's in the Beef & Veal
: section at the bottom. I googled it and got papermaking and Photoshop
: stuff.

: PP

Kosher cuts all have different names and allcome from the top (or front)
of the animal. The deckle might be called the brisket second cut. It is
the vey fatty part that yu cna separater(in a whole brisket) from the
leaner first cul. It would have the samd tough stringiness of a first
cut brisket with lots more interleafed fat.

Now don't ask me what a French roast is. I have never figured that one
out and am not sure if you pot roast or roast beef it:-)

Wendy