Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default zuccini bread

its zuccini time soon here and i was wondering if anyone had any success
with making bread from carbalose flour and splenda etc?

I would think the fiber from the zuccini and fat and protien from the nuts
and oil would help alot..and of course portion control..

If nobody has i guess i will be the guinna pig soon to try it..lol

i love zuccini bread..hoping i can make it..dunno why not tho ive made nut
bread just fine..

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> its zuccini time soon here and i was wondering if anyone had any success
> with making bread from carbalose flour and splenda etc?
>
> I would think the fiber from the zuccini and fat and protien from the nuts
> and oil would help alot..and of course portion control..
>
> If nobody has i guess i will be the guinna pig soon to try it..lol
>
> i love zuccini bread..hoping i can make it..dunno why not tho ive made nut
> bread just fine..
>
> KROM

Look forward to hearing your results. I've never made zuccini bread. Made
some blueberry scones with carbquick but that's a whole different texture.
Hope you can make it work.
Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ive made nut bread using a mix of carbalose and almond flour and flax flour
mixed and extra egg and oil for moistness...was good.

KROM

"Barbara H" > wrote
> Look forward to hearing your results. I've never made zuccini bread.
> Made some blueberry scones with carbquick but that's a whole different
> texture. Hope you can make it work.
> Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I like walnuts in my bread which makes it dry.so moist would be good...i mix
erythritol and xylitol and splenda in my baking...tastes better then sugar
to me.

KROM

"Susan" > wrote
> I made it last night, and it's very good, BUT... it's a bit too moist, so
> I'd add a step by squeezing/blotting some moisture out of the zucchini
> before adding it to the flour mixture.
>
> Also, I mixed three sweeteners and reduced to 1 1/4 cup and it was still
> very sweet.
>
> Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I made the bread..it was AWSOME!
Susan was right ..it was so good i didnt need the cream chees
frosting..lol..i will probably beat some eggs into it and cream and pour it
into a crust i make with almond flour and carbalose and butter and eat it as
cheesecake later.

The zuccini bread was moist and tasted better then any ive ever made pre
dx..yum!

OH as far as numbers i wanted to be extra sure so i tested ever 30 mins for
3 hours...i was 78 pre and was 78 every test!

So looks like i got a new fav recipe..lol...im gonna be smart tho and have
it just a couple times a year to keep it special.

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
>I made the bread..it was AWSOME!
> Susan was right ..it was so good i didnt need the cream chees
> frosting..lol..i will probably beat some eggs into it and cream and pour
> it into a crust i make with almond flour and carbalose and butter and eat
> it as cheesecake later.
>
> The zuccini bread was moist and tasted better then any ive ever made pre
> dx..yum!
>
> OH as far as numbers i wanted to be extra sure so i tested ever 30 mins
> for 3 hours...i was 78 pre and was 78 every test!
>
> So looks like i got a new fav recipe..lol...im gonna be smart tho and have
> it just a couple times a year to keep it special.
>
> KROM

I made Susan's recipe too. Went to farmers market yesterday morning &
bought zuccini. I only made one batch and it made 4 small loaves. It is
absolutely wonderful. I'll be making more today for the freezer. I did
blot the zuccini and I also omitted one egg. It was still very moist and
had just the right texture. What a treat! Thanks Susan!

Barbara H
T2, dx 7/06, metformin 1500, Byetta 5x2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I went more with the atkins one she posted.. but subbed carbalose for thier
stuff and i use flax meal and almond meal...was very nice in texture and
taste and moistness.

I like to use as many eggs a i can for the protien...i weightlift so i try
to cram as much in all foods as i can..lol

KROM

"Barbara H"wrote >

I made Susan's recipe too. Went to farmers market yesterday morning &
> bought zuccini. I only made one batch and it made 4 small loaves. It is
> absolutely wonderful. I'll be making more today for the freezer. I did
> blot the zuccini and I also omitted one egg. It was still very moist and
> had just the right texture. What a treat! Thanks Susan!
>
> Barbara H
> T2, dx 7/06, metformin 1500, Byetta 5x2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Took me literally 5 mins to make once i gathered all the stuff.

I used a food processor to grate 2 small zuccinis and didnt need to squeez
or blot at all..i also in the same processor once the zuccini was out i
chopped the walnuts with a few pulses and then removed those and mixed the
eggs and vannila and sugar subs etc, with a few pulses then combined it all
in a large bowl.

KROM

"Susan" > wrote >
> So glad you both liked it, wasn't it fast and easy?
>
> Barbara, how heavily did you blot, and did you squeeze in a cloth?
>
> Was yours still very, very moist?
>
> Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It might make it gummy or drier so id add more mositure or oil to it..im
sure the taste will be fine..im thinking texture too much might not go over
too good.

dunno tho all my experiments with using whey havnt been great..lol

KROM

"Susan" > wrote ...