Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Friday dinner

8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One hour PP
BG 89.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 02 Aug 2008 06:37:39 GMT, Nick Cramer
> wrote:

>8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One hour PP
>BG 89.

You just described one of my meals - but it was breakfast,
not dinner:-)

This morning was an onion and avocado two-egg omelette.

Next time you have those same ingredients, try wrapping your
asparagus spears in the bacon and roast them briefly in the
oven. Add the cheese at the end, to melt over the
combination.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Blog http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
DLife column http://tinyurl.com/5v74xr
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (The Taj Mahal)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> 8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One hour
> PP
> BG 89.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

My Friday dinner PM BG 92. Spaghetti (250 grams), Meat sauce, Parmasan
cheese, Novolog 20 units. Two hour PP BG 127.

Anon aka
Type 2

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

anon aka > wrote:

: "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
: ...
: > 8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One hour
: > PP
: > BG 89.
: >
: > --
: > Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
: > I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
: > They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
: > You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

: My Friday dinner PM BG 92. Spaghetti (250 grams), Meat sauce, Parmasan
: cheese, Novolog 20 units. Two hour PP BG 127.

: Anon aka
: Type 2

My Friday dinner
3/4 glass red, dry , shiraz
1/4 challah roll(like 1/2 slice bread) barbequed chickenthigh(largish)
grilld onions adn mushrooms,broccoli, lettuce tomato, cukumber salad with
home made vinegrette. 1 hr pp 117 and thrilled, as I aim for 140 at 1
hour. this has been appenign to me more laately, even if I have a small
fruit for dessert, but no fruit last night as I felt stufed with that
dinner.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> >8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One hour
> >PP BG 89.

> You just described one of my meals - but it was breakfast,
> not dinner:-)
>
> This morning was an onion and avocado two-egg omelette.
>
> Next time you have those same ingredients, try wrapping your
> asparagus spears in the bacon and roast them briefly in the
> oven. Add the cheese at the end, to melt over the
> combination.

G'day, Alan,

Jun's done the bacon-wrapped asparagus. Nice. My daughter stores all the
fry pans and such in the oven, so access is a pain the ar*e. I've been
trying for weeks to dry the desiccant for my gun safe. ;-(

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"anon aka" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > 8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One
> > hour PP BG 89.

> My Friday dinner PM BG 92. Spaghetti (250 grams), Meat sauce, Parmasan
> cheese, Novolog 20 units. Two hour PP BG 127.

I've been limiting myself to 1/2 cup of pasta (125 gms?) and getting no BG
spikes. Bottled (store bought) sauce is chancy. Cheese is good! I'm now
controlling with only diet and exercise, but see Nick's exercise post.

Take care.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> anon aka > wrote:
> : "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> : > 8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One
> : > hour PP
> : > BG 89.

> : My Friday dinner PM BG 92. Spaghetti (250 grams), Meat sauce, Parmasan
> : cheese, Novolog 20 units. Two hour PP BG 127.

> My Friday dinner
> 3/4 glass red, dry , shiraz
> 1/4 challah roll(like 1/2 slice bread) barbequed chickenthigh(largish)
> grilld onions adn mushrooms,broccoli, lettuce tomato, cukumber salad with
> home made vinegrette. 1 hr pp 117 and thrilled, as I aim for 140 at 1
> hour. this has been appenign to me more laately, even if I have a small
> fruit for dessert, but no fruit last night as I felt stufed with that
> dinner.

That sounds delish, Wendy. Did you make your own Challah? What did you use
instead of sugar?

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On 02 Aug 2008 06:37:39 GMT, Nick Cramer
> > wrote:
>
>> 8/1/08 9:40 PM BG 80. Bacon, eggs, cheesy asparagus. Very nice. One
>> hour PP BG 89.

> You just described one of my meals - but it was breakfast,
> not dinner:-)
>
> This morning was an onion and avocado two-egg omelette.

My brekky today was: cooked up some canned, diced tomatoes, mushroom slices
and a large, chopped clove of garlic together. At the last moment I stirred
through a good helping of turmeric and FGBP. Put it on my plate, rinsed the
pan, sprayed it with oil and pan "fried" 2 eggs with a lid on top of the
pan. I like to put FGBP on my eggs when they first go in the pan, stops the
pepper from rolling away..... Washed down with a large mug of hot, strong
tea with a dash of milk. Not a blip on the bg radar

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 14:14:11 -0700, "anon aka"
> wrote:

>My Friday dinner PM BG 92. Spaghetti (250 grams), Meat sauce, Parmasan
>cheese, Novolog 20 units. Two hour PP BG 127.
>
>Anon aka
>Type 2

What was the one-hour; 250gm (dry weight?) spaghetti would
have sent my 1hr BGs to the moon.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Blog http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
DLife column http://tinyurl.com/5v74xr
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (The Taj Mahal)
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 2 Aug 2008 23:04:57 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>My Friday dinner
>3/4 glass red, dry , shiraz
>1/4 challah roll(like 1/2 slice bread) barbequed chickenthigh(largish)
>grilld onions adn mushrooms,broccoli, lettuce tomato, cukumber salad with
>home made vinegrette. 1 hr pp 117 and thrilled, as I aim for 140 at 1
>hour. this has been appenign to me more laately, even if I have a small
>fruit for dessert, but no fruit last night as I felt stufed with that
>dinner.
>
>Wendy

Glad to see you listed the priority item first.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
Blog http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
DLife column http://tinyurl.com/5v74xr
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (The Taj Mahal)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > anon aka > wrote:
[...]

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

I don't make challah often anymore, just for the High Holidays in the
Fall, when we have somany meals that require itand , often extra family
and guests. I make a half-whole wheat challah then using soem sweet
spices adn nuts adn make them small, producing about 8-9 small challah
from a recipe that is supposed to be for 2. I now buy the challah rolls
and they are part whole wheat, but fairly sweet. In my own I do use a bit
of honey, but less than the recipe asks for.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > wrote:

: >My Friday dinner
: >3/4 glass red, dry , shiraz
: >1/4 challah roll(like 1/2 slice bread) barbequed chickenthigh(largish)
: >grilld onions adn mushrooms,broccoli, lettuce tomato, cukumber salad with
: >home made vinegrette. 1 hr pp 117 and thrilled, as I aim for 140 at 1
: >hour. this has been appenign to me more laately, even if I have a small
: >fruit for dessert, but no fruit last night as I felt stufed with that
: >dinner.
: >
: >Wendy

: Glad to see you listed the priority item first.

: Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
: --
: Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Well, that was the ordr of the meal:-)

Wendy