Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Last three day's meals & numbers

7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix. One
hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed nuts for
me.

7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One hour
PP BG 100.

7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and bacon;
FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87

I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix. One
> hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed nuts for
> me.
>
> 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One hour
> PP BG 100.
>
> 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
> with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and bacon;
> FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87
>
> I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.

ok, help me..............i don't see what is wrong with a 93 reading 1
hour pp from breakfast?????????????

i'd say you were 'spot on' !

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 26 Jul 2008 05:46:45 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix. One
>hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix.

Why not? Looks fine to me.

Nick, are these the totality of your meals, plus the odd handful of
nuts? I'd be eating these as lunchtime meal, not necessarily even my
major meal of the day. I suspect you may be way low on calories.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix.
> > One hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed
> > nuts for me.
> >
> > 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One
> > hour PP BG 100.
> >
> > 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
> > with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and
> > bacon; FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87
> >
> > I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.
> >

> ok, help me..............i don't see what is wrong with a 93 reading 1
> hour pp from breakfast?????????????
>
> i'd say you were 'spot on' !

Thanks, Kate. Nothing wrong with the number. I just noticed that the fruity
trail mix contained a lot of sugary stuff. If I was still maountaineering,
working out heavier or having hypos, it might fit in, but I'm kind of
afraid of it. What I thought was weird was a couple of days where my 1 hour
pp was lower than before I started eating. ?????????

Take care.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2008 05:46:45 GMT, Nick Cramer >

> >7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix.
> >One hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix.

> Why not? Looks fine to me.

Too much sugary stuff in it. I don't wanna spike or get yelled at. ;-D

> Nick, are these the totality of your meals, plus the odd handful of
> nuts? I'd be eating these as lunchtime meal, not necessarily even my
> major meal of the day. I suspect you may be way low on calories.

I nibble on mixed nuts throughout the day. Keeps me away from potato chips
and other junk food. Gotta get the wife or kid to get more berries and
avocados, too. Now that Jun sees how much I enjoy raw spinach with EVOO and
vinegar, she's buying more of it for me. I love pumpernickel and dark rye
breads, but since I'm the only one that eats them, half the loaf gets
tossed when it gets too moldy. ;-(

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote in message

>vinegar, she's buying more of it for me. I love pumpernickel and dark

rye
>breads, but since I'm the only one that eats them, half the loaf gets
>tossed when it gets too moldy. ;-(

Put it in the freezer and use one slice at a time. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix. One
: hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed nuts for
: me.

: 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One hour
: PP BG 100.

: 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
: with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and bacon;
: FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87

: I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
: I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
: They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
: You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Is that all you eat in a day, aside from your alcohol? If so, it is no
wonder you are loosing weight.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:

: I nibble on mixed nuts throughout the day. Keeps me away from potato chips
: and other junk food. Gotta get the wife or kid to get more berries and
: avocados, too. Now that Jun sees how much I enjoy raw spinach with EVOO and
: vinegar, she's buying more of it for me. I love pumpernickel and dark rye
: breads, but since I'm the only one that eats them, half the loaf gets
: tossed when it gets too moldy. ;-(

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Slice the bread and then freeze it. Remove just the amount you are going
to eat. It will keep indefinitely that way. that's what Ido fo rmy
husband , who like his rye bread but doesns't finish a loaf quickly.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote in message
>
> >vinegar, she's buying more of it for me. I love pumpernickel and dark

> rye
> >breads, but since I'm the only one that eats them, half the loaf gets
> >tossed when it gets too moldy. ;-(

> Put it in the freezer and use one slice at a time. :-)

Thanks, mon Cheri. Never thought of the freezer.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix.
> : One hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed
> : nuts for me.
>
> : 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One
> : hour PP BG 100.
>
> : 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
> : with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and
> : bacon; FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87
>
> : I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.

> Is that all you eat in a day, aside from your alcohol? If so, it is no
> wonder you are losing weight.

Yep. Jun tries to cook more for me, but I'm generally not hungry.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
> : I nibble on mixed nuts throughout the day. Keeps me away from potato
> : chips and other junk food. Gotta get the wife or kid to get more
> : berries and avocados, too. Now that Jun sees how much I enjoy raw
> : spinach with EVOO and vinegar, she's buying more of it for me. I love
> : pumpernickel and dark rye breads, but since I'm the only one that eats
> : them, half the loaf gets tossed when it gets too moldy. ;-(

> Slice the bread and then freeze it. Remove just the amount you are going
> to eat. It will keep indefinitely that way. that's what Ido fo rmy
> husband , who like his rye bread but doesns't finish a loaf quickly.

Thanks, Wendula. I'm gonna do that!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer > wrote:
: > : 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail mix.
: > : One hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get mixed
: > : nuts for me.
: >
: > : 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach! One
: > : hour PP BG 100.
: >
: > : 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat, topped
: > : with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red onion and
: > : bacon; FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One hour PP BG 87
: >
: > : I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.

: > Is that all you eat in a day, aside from your alcohol? If so, it is no
: > wonder you are losing weight.

: Yep. Jun tries to cook more for me, but I'm generally not hungry.

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Well, now you know why you are loosing weight. You need more food adn
caloried. IF eating when you are not hungry does not nauseate you try
eating a few times a day and not just nuts. Small salads, piece of cheese
with the salad, some eggs with vegetables, like alan's omelettes, small
amounts of carb spread out over time so you don't get too much at once.
Just eat more. You are getting anorexic(not the nervosa kind young girls
get, but ou really don't want to fde away to nothing.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : "W. Baker" > wrote:
> : > Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : > : 7/23 8:30 PM BG 81. Lamb chop and a small handful of fruity trail
> : > : mix. One hour PP BG 93. No more fruity trail mix. Asked Jun to get
> : > : mixed nuts for me.
> : >
> : > : 7/24 3:30 PM BG 108. Bacon, eggs & raw spinach, I luv raw spinach!
> : > : One hour PP BG 100.
> : >
> : > : 7/25 7:30 PM BG 74. Lamb chop, sauteed with garlic in bacon fat,
> : > : topped with garlic and cilantro. Spinach salad with tomato, red
> : > : onion and bacon; FGBP, EVOO and vinegar dressing. I luv lamb! One
> : > : hour PP BG 87
> : >
> : > : I've also been eating a half dozen mixed nuts 2 or 3 times a day.
>
> : > Is that all you eat in a day, aside from your alcohol? If so, it is
> : > no wonder you are losing weight.
>
> : Yep. Jun tries to cook more for me, but I'm generally not hungry.

> Well, now you know why you are loosing weight. You need more food adn
> caloried. IF eating when you are not hungry does not nauseate you try
> eating a few times a day and not just nuts. Small salads, piece of
> cheese with the salad, some eggs with vegetables, like alan's omelettes,
> small amounts of carb spread out over time so you don't get too much at
> once. Just eat more. You are getting anorexic(not the nervosa kind young
> girls get, but ou really don't want to fde away to nothing.

Thanks, Wendy. I just weighed myself. I've put on four pounds in the last
week. Yippee!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Sandra's Money Saving Meals: One Pot Meals Ubiquitous General Cooking 8 31-08-2009 12:04 AM
More OT Numbers Dimitri General Cooking 9 21-05-2009 05:25 AM
Wacky TA and PH numbers.............. [email protected] Winemaking 3 24-09-2007 08:47 PM
Numbers? See Hear Diabetic 8 01-05-2006 06:15 PM
Well, here are some of my numbers glad heart Winemaking 4 31-05-2004 06:53 PM