FoodBanter.com

-   -   REC: Dill Beans (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/158291-rec-dill-beans.html)

percy 08-07-2008 01:16 PM

REC: Dill Beans

I've never made these with Splenda, but if you try, I recommend storage
in the fridge just in case. I don't muck around with pickle recipes in
the interest of safety.

Dill Beans

Mix and bring to a boil 1 1/2 cups white vinegar, 1 cup water from
cooked beans, 2 teaspoons salt, 1/2 cup white sugar.

Cook 1 quart yellow beans 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid. Pack
hot beans in sterile jars with 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh dill
and a clove of chopped garlic per jar. Pour vinegar mixture over to top
of jar. Seal with 2 piece lid, BWB process for 10 minutes, Check for
seal when cool. Store for 3 - 4 weeks before opening.

Vicki