Old 02-07-2008, 08:32 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Disappointing dinner

Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have 6 gms
of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuik™
1 Tsp Splenda™ bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as in
the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking powder.
I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was slightly sweet.
Damn, I can't do anything right!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have 6
gms
of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuikT
1 Tsp SplendaT bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as in
the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking powder.
I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was slightly sweet.
Damn, I can't do anything right!

Maybe your BG was high before you ate?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:
"Nick Cramer" wrote in message

Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have 6
gms
of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuikT
1 Tsp SplendaT bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as
in the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking
powder. I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was
slightly sweet. Damn, I can't do anything right!

Maybe your BG was high before you ate?

Before dinner BG 82.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:06 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have
6 gms of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuikT
1 Tsp SplendaT bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as
in the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking
powder. I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was
slightly sweet. Damn, I can't do anything right!

I would have washed hands and redone the 1 hour test, it doesn't seem right
to me. Did you have anything else besides the pancake?

Old 03-07-2008, 06:43 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have
6 gms of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuikT
1 Tsp SplendaT bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as
in the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking
powder. I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was
slightly sweet. Damn, I can't do anything right!

I would have washed hands and redone the 1 hour test, it doesn't seem
right to me. Did you have anything else besides the pancake?

Good idea. Thanks, Ozgirl. I'll try that when I get what seems to be an
anomolous reading. All I had was the pancake.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:55 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
Before dinner BG 82. I made a CarbQuik pancake. Supposed to only have 6
gms of net carbs.

1/2 cup CarbQuik™
1 Tsp Splenda™ bulk or 1 packet (I used one packet)
1 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped (I didn't beat or whip it)
1/4 stick (2 Tbs) butter (melted, not hot)
3 Oz half-and-half (maybe I should have used heavy cream and water?)

One hour PP BG 143! Two hour 105. I used twice as much half & half as
in the scaled down original recipe, which also didn't call for baking
powder. I made a syrup by mixing Splenda with butter until it was
slightly sweet. Damn, I can't do anything right!

It may be the wheat base of the Carbquik; some of us are extremely
sensitive to it.

I've had it before with no such problem, Susan. I'll just try 1/4 cup next
time. Problem is I've been losing one or two pounds a week. Now down to
154. I'll never get up to 168 at this rate! Flour tortillas have 18 grams
of net carbs. Gotta check corn. I also like pumpernickel and dark rye
breads, which don't seem to hurt me. All with Limburger and liverwurst,
plus, of course.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
[...]

Have you tried the Mission brand Carb Balance tortillas. They taste
pretty much like a regular flour tortilla. 5 net grams of carbs. The
ingredients read like a chemistry lab, but they taste pretty good. I
make a casadilla out of them with some Oaxaca cheese for brunch out of
them. I fry it in butter.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
[...]

I don't shop much. My daughter buys the tortillas for her family. I cadge
one every now and then.

Disappointing pull Tim[_12_] Barbecue 10 13-06-2009 06:12 AM
TN: Disappointing Ramonet DaleW Wine 3 21-04-2009 10:54 PM
Disappointing Christmas Dinner Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 96 04-01-2005 01:14 PM
A disappointing week Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD General Cooking 26 08-12-2004 12:43 AM