Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Good spaghetti day

FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti, with
my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5% abf.
One hour PP BG 96.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
> with
> my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5% abf.
> One hour PP BG 96.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Is one hour your peak reading time after eating spaghetti? My peak reading
time is about 2 hours after most foods.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yeah with pasta im always wary of delayed spikes so i test every hour after
eating it to be sure.

KROM

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
>> with
>> my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5% abf.
>> One hour PP BG 96.
>>
>> --
>> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

> Is one hour your peak reading time after eating spaghetti? My peak
> reading
> time is about 2 hours after most foods.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
> > with
> > my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5%
> > abf. One hour PP BG 96.

> Is one hour your peak reading time after eating spaghetti? My peak
> reading time is about 2 hours after most foods.

Probably two hours, Robert, but I failed to check.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> yeah with pasta im always wary of delayed spikes so i test every hour
> after eating it to be sure.

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
> >> with
> >> my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5%
> >> abf. One hour PP BG 96.

> > Is one hour your peak reading time after eating spaghetti? My peak
> > reading
> > time is about 2 hours after most foods.

I should've checked at two hours. I forgot. ;-(

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thats the whole reason we are here..to gather and learn and support..get 'er
done next time..lol

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> yeah with pasta im always wary of delayed spikes so i test every hour
>> after eating it to be sure.

>> > Is one hour your peak reading time after eating spaghetti? My peak
>> > reading
>> > time is about 2 hours after most foods.

> I should've checked at two hours. I forgot. ;-(
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> Thats the whole reason we are here..to gather and learn and support..get
> 'er done next time..lol

Agreed about why we're here. I hafta remember to take me memory enhancing
pill! ;-D

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "krom" > wrote:
: > Thats the whole reason we are here..to gather and learn and support..get
: > 'er done next time..lol

: Agreed about why we're here. I hafta remember to take me memory enhancing
: pill! ;-D

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
: I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
: They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
: You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

The wine could either ameliorate or delay your bg reading. Just my
thought.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti, with
> my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio, 12.5% abf.
> One hour PP BG 96.

It looks like someone is learning portion control. Good on you, Nick!

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I set the timer on my stove..because I get busy doing something and forget
I just do it when I am eating foods I'm not sure of.
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> Thats the whole reason we are here..to gather and learn and support..get
>> 'er done next time..lol

> Agreed about why we're here. I hafta remember to take me memory enhancing
> pill! ;-D
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : "krom" > wrote:
> : > Thats the whole reason we are here..to gather and learn and
> : > support..get 'er done next time..lol
>
> : Agreed about why we're here. I hafta remember to take me memory
> : enhancing pill! ;-D

> The wine could either ameliorate or delay your bg reading. Just my
> thought.

Hi Wendula. For $10. that Pinot Grigio sure ameliorated the meal! Last
night, my BG was 59 (hadn't eaten all day). Jun fried up some liverwurst,
put it on two sunnyside up eggs on a slice of buttered dark rye, topped
with FGBP and Labuyo hot sauce. One hour PP BG 79. I didn't check at two
hours.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Janet Wilder > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
> > with my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio,
> > 12.5% abf. One hour PP BG 96.

> It looks like someone is learning portion control. Good on you, Nick!

Thanks, Janet. I really wanted two cups. <sob>

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> I set the timer on my stove..because I get busy doing something and
> forget I just do it when I am eating foods I'm not sure of.

Most of the time, I can't get near the stove! When I set a timer, and it
goes off, I don't remember why I set it. Where and what are my memory
enhacing drugs? Is this reality or a rehearsal? Can I go to bed now?

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> I set the timer on my stove..because I get busy doing something and
>> forget I just do it when I am eating foods I'm not sure of.

> Most of the time, I can't get near the stove! When I set a timer, and it
> goes off, I don't remember why I set it. Where and what are my memory
> enhacing drugs? Is this reality or a rehearsal? Can I go to bed now?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

I'd rather have a timer that will run on my computer, since that's where I
am
most of the day.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 27 Jun 2008 14:26:56 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>"jacquie" > wrote:
>> I set the timer on my stove..because I get busy doing something and
>> forget I just do it when I am eating foods I'm not sure of.

>Most of the time, I can't get near the stove! When I set a timer, and it
>goes off, I don't remember why I set it. Where and what are my memory
>enhacing drugs? Is this reality or a rehearsal? Can I go to bed now?

You've been :P

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: Janet Wilder > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer wrote:
: > > FBG 101. Three hours later, before lunch, BG 78. 1/2 cup of spaghetti,
: > > with my daughter's clam sauce and 750 ml Ruffino 2006 Pinot Grigio,
: > > 12.5% abf. One hour PP BG 96.

: > It looks like someone is learning portion control. Good on you, Nick!

: Thanks, Janet. I really wanted two cups. <sob>

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Don't we all:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

OK..Buy a timer put it on your computer desk...set it then...put a post it
on the corner of you computer screen...Write... when timer goes off check
blood...LOL. My husband has post its all over his desk at work
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> I set the timer on my stove..because I get busy doing something and
>> forget I just do it when I am eating foods I'm not sure of.

> Most of the time, I can't get near the stove! When I set a timer, and it
> goes off, I don't remember why I set it. Where and what are my memory
> enhacing drugs? Is this reality or a rehearsal? Can I go to bed now?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
> You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

good idea..but I never know if I am going to be doing housework or
reading...my other favorite past time....so the oven timer works well for
me..besides my meter is always in the kitchen on my catch all cupboard
.. .