Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Fettucini Alfredo dinner

On 19 Jun 2008 07:41:17 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?

Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse. I need to go for
some ju-jitsu lessons again - each time I've done that, someone's
flipped me and bust a nodule off - a highly interesting process :P

Nicky. (Moving off the food group rapidly - sorry )
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: wrote:

: >Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?

: Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
: few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
: roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
: but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
: going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse. I need to go for
: some ju-jitsu lessons again - each time I've done that, someone's
: flipped me and bust a nodule off - a highly interesting process :P

: Nicky. (Moving off the food group rapidly - sorry )

Couldn't you just go up again a shorter opponent:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> "krom" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I use a steel wok and cast-iron skillets.

As do I.

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2008 07:41:17 GMT, Nick Cramer >

> >Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?

> Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
> few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
> roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
> but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
> going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse. I need to go for
> some ju-jitsu lessons again - each time I've done that, someone's
> flipped me and bust a nodule off - a highly interesting process :P

Omedetou gozaimasu! My question should have been, "Do deshitaka?

For those roundhouses, bend more at the waist, swivel on the ball of the
foot. If you're 152 cm, going for a 193 cm guy, no chance! ;-D

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nicky > wrote:
> : On 19 Jun 2008 07:41:17 GMT, Nick Cramer >

> : >Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?
>
> : Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
> : few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
> : roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
> : but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
> : going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse. I need to go for
> : some ju-jitsu lessons again - each time I've done that, someone's
> : flipped me and bust a nodule off - a highly interesting process :P
>
> : Nicky. (Moving off the food group rapidly - sorry )
>
> Couldn't you just go up again a shorter opponent:-)

They duck, do a lateral leg sweep (not osoto gari) and land you on your
bum!

I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
They are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2008 07:41:17 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> wrote:
>
>> Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?

> Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
> few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
> roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
> but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
> going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse.

Couldn't you just get a really short person for this ;-)

RodS

I need to go for
> some ju-jitsu lessons again - each time I've done that, someone's
> flipped me and bust a nodule off - a highly interesting process :P
>
> Nicky. (Moving off the food group rapidly - sorry )
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.4% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well most chefs refer to "whisps" of smoke to describe the proper heat
point...or "shimmering"..it doesnt mean the same thing as the oil actually
smoking..lol.

A wok and cast iron skillet are seasoned well enough to be non stick enough
to not have to worry much about it,

KROM

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 02:28:52 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>I think its the type of oil used.
>>
>>Certain fats can create potentially bad chemistry when over the smoke
>>point..and also non stick pans...
>>
>>But oilds like grapeseed have a very high smoke point and if your in
>>stainless stell its not a worry.
>>

> Um, if it smokes, it's beyond it's smoke point regardless of
> how high that is:-)
>
>>So if your worried about it use the hot pan and cold oil method..or if
>>using
>>non stick dont worry about the item sticking..lol.

> I use a steel wok and cast-iron skillets.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> --
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/alan_s/
> http://loraltravel.blogspot.com (On Indian Roads)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 02:31:20 GMT, RodS > wrote:

> Nicky wrote:
>> On 19 Jun 2008 07:41:17 GMT, Nick Cramer >
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Weren't you going for your Green Belt? Do deshita?

>> Yup, we made it, thanks : ) Green/blue shouldn't be a problem in a
>> few months' time, but the Blue one-steps are. I need to do a
>> roundhouse and a heel-kick to the head. The heel-kick isn't a problem,
>> but I've got some arthritis nodules that are currently stopping me
>> going higher than shoulder-height on the roundhouse.

>Couldn't you just get a really short person for this ;-)

You and Wendy are the same degree of evil on this :P The idea is to
be able to fight a "like opponent". As it is, I'll probably be paired
against my eldest, who's 3 inches shorter than me, but can comfortably
kick over my head!

Nicky.