Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Pancake dinner

5/27 FBG 94. Before dinner 83. Had an appetizer of 1/2 slice of toasted
pumpernikel with Brie cheese, while I prepared some Carbquik pancakes
(which took an hour, as I was watching the telly). One hour PP BG 102.

I modified the recipe to only make one big serving and ate it all, except
for one small one, which Jun tried and liked with agave nectar. My modified
recipe:

Carbquik™ Recipe (modified by Nick Cramer): Pancakes

Servings: 2 servings of 2 pancakes, Net Carbs Per Serving: 3g
Total Preparation Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup Carbquik™
1 Tsp Splenda™ bulk or 1 packet (optional)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 egg, very well beaten or whipped
1/4 stick butter (melted, not hot)
UP TO 2 Oz half-and-half (may need a little more - see Instructions!)

Butter wipe or vegetable oil spray

Instructions:

-Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Add egg and fold in, then butter and
fold in. Slowly add 1/2 & 1/2 as needed to make a smooth, easily pourable
pancake batter.

-Mix just enough to combine all ingredients. Do not overmix.

-Ladle portions onto wiped or sprayed griddle or frying pan heated to
medium to medium high heat.

-Flip when bubbles begin to break and edges are cooked. After removing from
heat, brush with butter (optional but highly recommended).

-Agave nectar might work as a syrup or use Nick's Splenda'd butter.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Pancake Day Dave Smith[_1_] General Cooking 17 25-02-2012 12:56 AM
Favorite pancake mix? Favorite pancake fruit addition? Evette General Cooking 59 24-09-2009 11:56 PM
Pancake Mix cybercat General Cooking 11 17-12-2008 04:55 PM
Original Pancake House Apple Pancake A D [[email protected]] Recipes (moderated) 0 14-10-2006 01:52 AM
Pancake Kristine Ann Thompson General Cooking 10 31-12-2003 11:07 PM