Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Dreamfields was What a moron!

Robert Miles wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> krom wrote:
>>> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies
>>> in.
>>>
>>> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
>>> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once
>>> cooked i put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and
>>> delicious and add the pasta into that.

>> Just a little note for the Dreamfields users out there. Check the meter.
>> DH has been doing great with Dreamfields for several years. The last two
>> times we had it, his BG went up. It may just be him or there may be a
>> point where the body gets used to the "manufacturing process" and the
>> so-called undigestable carbs are digested.
>>
>> Since the spike was not nearly as high as the same amount of regular pasta
>> would have caused, we'll still use it, but we will have even smaller
>> portions and he will count more carbs in his portion than the 5g and bolus
>> accordingly.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
>> Good Friends. Good Life

> I think I've read that the more thoroughly you cook it, the higher your
> bG is likely to go.

I'm really quite careful when I cook it. I use a timer so I don't think
it was overcooked the last two times.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:
> true
>
> this is why i only cook a single serving a time..leftovers tend to raise u
> more when u reheat it as well.

Actually we split one two-ounce serving between the two of us. I am anal
enough that I actually weigh the dry pasta on my digital kitchen scale. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:33:09 -0500, Janet Wilder
> wrote:

>krom wrote:
>> i like basil and or oregono and the seasoning i cook the meat or veggies in.
>>
>> How i make mine is while the dreamfields is boiling i heat olive oil in a
>> pan and put a ton of garlic and the meat or veg in the pan and once cooked i
>> put in the heavy cream and parm till it gets all bubbly and delicious and
>> add the pasta into that.

>Just a little note for the Dreamfields users out there. Check the meter.
>DH has been doing great with Dreamfields for several years. The last two
>times we had it, his BG went up. It may just be him or there may be a
>point where the body gets used to the "manufacturing process" and the
>so-called undigestable carbs are digested.
>
>Since the spike was not nearly as high as the same amount of regular
>pasta would have caused, we'll still use it, but we will have even
>smaller portions and he will count more carbs in his portion than the 5g
> and bolus accordingly.

I've been reading here long enough to see Dreamfields appear
on the scene, and I've read many threads on it over that
time. I've only ever eaten it once. It was delicious but
that was more likely Nicky's sauce than the pasta, and had
no discernibly different affect on my BG's than any other
pasta.

The more I read about I the less I feel it's worth the
trouble. I regularly eat spaghetti bolognaise at home, but
my serve is half the pasta and double the sauce compared to
the others at the table. I also make my own lasagne
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/2007/03/lasagne.html
but I cut it into twelfths for serving where the original
version was for six or eight.

I apply that logic to all pastas - smaller serves that I've
tested in the past with my meter. And I never need to worry
about overcooking or changes to BG's effects for leftovers.

JMO.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
--
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com

http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Latest: Bangkok
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default What a moron!

"krom" > wrote:
> This was catfish :-(
>
> I live the furthest from any ocean or good fishing towns so my fish is
> always trucked in crap..bleh...
>
> best catfish i ever had was in georgia..its caught by us..taken home
> alive in a bucket and cleaned and fried literally within minutes of being
> caught..was the best..had sunfish that way too in minnesota at a cabin
> and that was also very good.

Best catfish I've had was fresh rice paddy caught, in Thailand. Fresh
caught lake trout in Wyoming was damn good, too. Oh, and fresh caught
flounder in Long Island Sound. We ate 'em as fast as we filetted and fried
'em!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

*Sigh*

I am every year being suckered by some sign at the stores saying fresh
caught this or that flown in and pay a crazy price per pound and of course
its some smelly frozen mess..lol.

Just cant get seafood here..

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> This was catfish :-(
>>
>> I live the furthest from any ocean or good fishing towns so my fish is
>> always trucked in crap..bleh...
>>
>> best catfish i ever had was in georgia..its caught by us..taken home
>> alive in a bucket and cleaned and fried literally within minutes of being
>> caught..was the best..had sunfish that way too in minnesota at a cabin
>> and that was also very good.

> Best catfish I've had was fresh rice paddy caught, in Thailand. Fresh
> caught lake trout in Wyoming was damn good, too. Oh, and fresh caught
> flounder in Long Island Sound. We ate 'em as fast as we filetted and fried
> 'em!
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I like the taste of it and when it works right i get zero spike and when it
doesnt i rise far less then i would regular pasta..so for me its insurance
and doesnt cost much more then regular pasta as its right on my sotres
shelf..no internet ordering it etc.

But yes i agree i find i can eat any food if i portion it right..lol.

Like i could eat a banna..if i limit it to one bite..lol..thats is still
going to raise me but not thru the roof like a half or a whole one would.

Sometimes though ya just gotta eat a bite of the real pie or birthday cake
etc..but thats when the sensable advice of portion control kicks in...but i
personally would rather get full on somthing safe then take a sliver of
somthing risky..lol

KROM

"Alan S" > wrote >
> I apply that logic to all pastas - smaller serves that I've
> tested in the past with my meter. And I never need to worry
> about overcooking or changes to BG's effects for leftovers.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote:
> *Sigh*
>
> I am every year being suckered by some sign at the stores saying fresh
> caught this or that flown in and pay a crazy price per pound and of
> course its some smelly frozen mess..lol.
>
> Just cant get seafood here..

When we were in Austin, Texas in January, my friend we were staying with
ordered sashimi grade fish from San Diego, CA. We got two sashimi dinners
for two out of it. It was as good and fresh as we've bought at the
Japanese fish monger's in LA. I never asked him what it cost.

Other than directly over the center of the Earth, approximately where is
"here"?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

minnesota

ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and pollock
and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to you the buyer.

shrimp etc here stinks of amonia etc..never that fresh sea smell..im sure
there maybe a market downtown that sells to the restraunts but im just not
ambitious and my wallets to light..lol

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> *Sigh*
>>
>> I am every year being suckered by some sign at the stores saying fresh
>> caught this or that flown in and pay a crazy price per pound and of
>> course its some smelly frozen mess..lol.
>>
>> Just cant get seafood here..

> When we were in Austin, Texas in January, my friend we were staying with
> ordered sashimi grade fish from San Diego, CA. We got two sashimi dinners
> for two out of it. It was as good and fresh as we've bought at the
> Japanese fish monger's in LA. I never asked him what it cost.
>
> Other than directly over the center of the Earth, approximately where is
> "here"?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

krom wrote:
> minnesota
>
> ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
> stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
> pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
> you the buyer.

I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> krom wrote:
> > minnesota
> >
> > ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
> > stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
> > pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
> > you the buyer.

> I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Here, too. Nearby Thai and other Asian markets sell a nice variety of fresh
seafood.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote

> Nick's Fettucine Alfredo
>
> Serves 4
>
> The fettuccine should either be freshly made and as thin as possible, or,
> if store bought, the best fresh (not dry), thinnest pasta you can buy.
>
> 1 lb. fettuccine, tagliatelle or the pasta of your choice

Nick, I don't know if it'll make a difference for you, but it might be worth
a try. I've found that I can eat a reasonable amount of whole wheat pasta,
say 6-7 ounces or so and stay under 130 out to 3 hours (by then I'm usually
under 110, so I doubt if I'm getting a late spike. I actually prefer whole
wheat pasta now...it's got a firmer texture.

John C.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"John" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote
>
> > Nick's Fettucine Alfredo
> >
> > Serves 4
> >
> > The fettuccine should either be freshly made and as thin as possible,
> > or, if store bought, the best fresh (not dry), thinnest pasta you can
> > buy.
> >
> > 1 lb. fettuccine, tagliatelle or the pasta of your choice

> Nick, I don't know if it'll make a difference for you, but it might be
> worth a try. I've found that I can eat a reasonable amount of whole wheat
> pasta, say 6-7 ounces or so and stay under 130 out to 3 hours (by then
> I'm usually under 110, so I doubt if I'm getting a late spike. I actually
> prefer whole wheat pasta now...it's got a firmer texture.

Thanks, John. I've tried other pastas. For me, the only one that has the
right taste and texture is duram semolina, which actually has a lower GI
than whole wheat. 2 or 3 ounces doesn't seem to hurt me, except
psychologicaly. ;-/

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i would if i could..ive had in trips to florida and catfish in georgia
growing up etc..even fresh fish here from the lakes before they all got
slapped with bio warnings about lead and chemicals being dumped thanks to 3m
and other minnesota companies u cant eat the fish anymore.

KROM

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>> minnesota
>>
>> ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
>> stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
>> pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
>> you the buyer.

> I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> krom wrote:
>> minnesota
>>
>> ven the good lake fish goes to resteraunts and the seconds goes to the
>> stores that even bother to sell local fish..most sell tilapia and
>> pollock and other frozen fish they thaw and try to sell as fresh to
>> you the buyer.

> I just cannot imagine life without fresh seafood, I live on it.

Me too. I'd rather have a nice very rare tuna steak than a filet mignon any
day.

John C.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer said...

> Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
> Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
> 181. Three hour 142.
>
> Makes up for the previous days.
>
> 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
> 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

You've got your God awful diet. Checked your cholesterol lately?

At your rate you don't have much time. Get a will notarized if you haven't
already, if you have a wife and kids.

I await the last meal that kills you! You've devised a diabetic sat. fat
diet that is just absurd.

What the ****, do it up. Brainiac.

Andy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Andy wrote:
> Nick Cramer said...
>
>> Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
>> Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two hour
>> 181. Three hour 142.
>>
>> Makes up for the previous days.
>>
>> 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
>> 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
>> 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
>> 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and potato

> You've got your God awful diet. Checked your cholesterol lately?
>
> At your rate you don't have much time. Get a will notarized if you haven't
> already, if you have a wife and kids.
>
> I await the last meal that kills you! You've devised a diabetic sat. fat
> diet that is just absurd.
>
> What the ****, do it up. Brainiac.
>
> Andy

well Andy, you are yet again showing your posting ignorance

if you have a comment, can you direct us to something that supports what
YOU say? and i don't mean the USDA dietary recommendations

too bad we have 4 or 5 Andy's about, or i would simply kill file your
snotty responses

--
kate
type 1 since 1987
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> Andy wrote:
> > Nick Cramer said...
> > [ . . . ]

> too bad we have 4 or 5 Andy's about, or i would simply kill file your
> snotty responses

Heh heh! I've killfiled Andy, Kate. I rely on you folks to quote them, so I
know which is which. I know that Andy W. is one of the good guys and I
apologize to him. Maybe I'll let the Bad Andy out of my Bozo Bin, so I can
read Good Andy's posts. Yep. I'll do that now.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Andy <q> wrote:
> Nick Cramer said...
>
> > Today 5/20 FBG 84. Just before dinner 83. Had a 10.6 oz. frozen Glutino
> > Penne Alfredo (61 gms net carbs) for dinner. One hour PP BG 158. Two
> > hour 181. Three hour 142.
> >
> > Makes up for the previous days.
> >
> > 5/16 FBG 97 Before 83 1 hr 111 - bacon, eggs, 1/2 potato
> > 5/17 FBG 85 no meal - A/C died, 105°F inside, stressed out
> > 5/18 FBG 95 1 hr 118, 1 hr 86, 1 hr 105 - another hot day, just snacked
> > 5/19 FBG 99 Before 89 1 hr 110 - bacon, eggs, cheesy mushrooms and
> > potato

> [sad stuff snipped]

Bwahahaha! Get a life, Anny.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

For little Moron Michael Kuettner[_2_] General Cooking 33 27-09-2012 08:11 PM
Nick, was What a moron. Andy[_2_] Diabetic 4 22-05-2008 06:17 AM
Moron France 08 Ronin[_21_] Wine 8 20-01-2008 05:44 PM
FINTAN UK - CORRECTION - LEE TWAT INGRAM *NOT* AN INCOMPETENT MORON. HE'S VERY COMPTENT AT BEING A MORON LEE TWAT INGRAM General Cooking 1 28-06-2007 09:05 PM