Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Big breakfast

FBG 75. Before breakfast 70. Had bacon & eggs, fish, shrimp, snap peas,
carrot, baby corn and button mushrooms. Really good and filling, too. One
hour PP BG 86.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> FBG 75. Before breakfast 70. Had bacon & eggs, fish, shrimp, snap
> peas, carrot, baby corn and button mushrooms. Really good and
> filling, too. One hour PP BG 86.

Now that's what I call a big breakfast

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > FBG 75. Before breakfast 70. Had bacon & eggs, fish, shrimp, snap
> > peas, carrot, baby corn and button mushrooms. Really good and
> > filling, too. One hour PP BG 86.

> Now that's what I call a big breakfast

I was stuffed, Ozgirl. I can't remember the last time I ate that much at
one meal! Did you see the pic on alt.binaries.food?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>> FBG 75. Before breakfast 70. Had bacon & eggs, fish, shrimp, snap
>>> peas, carrot, baby corn and button mushrooms. Really good and
>>> filling, too. One hour PP BG 86.

>> Now that's what I call a big breakfast

> I was stuffed, Ozgirl. I can't remember the last time I ate that much
> at one meal! Did you see the pic on alt.binaries.food?

No, I can't get binaries.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>>>
>>> Now that's what I call a big breakfast

>> I was stuffed, Ozgirl. I can't remember the last time I ate that much
>> at one meal! Did you see the pic on alt.binaries.food?

> No, I can't get binaries.

I can, but it seems that the email/newsreader program I use (Windows
Mail) often has problems with newsgroup alt.food.binaries, so I couldn't
see the pic either.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer wrote:

> >> I was stuffed, Ozgirl. I can't remember the last time I ate that much
> >> at one meal! Did you see the pic on alt.binaries.food?

> > No, I can't get binaries.

> I can, but it seems that the email/newsreader program I use (Windows
> Mail) often has problems with newsgroup alt.food.binaries, so I couldn't
> see the pic either.

Robert, it's alt.binaries.food, not alt.food.binaries.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in the
morning
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> FBG 75. Before breakfast 70. Had bacon & eggs, fish, shrimp, snap peas,
> carrot, baby corn and button mushrooms. Really good and filling, too. One
> hour PP BG 86.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in the
> morning
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open fire.
Sweet memories of yesteryear. <sigh>

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Robert Miles" > wrote:

>> > No, I can't get binaries.

>> I can, but it seems that the email/newsreader program I use (Windows
>> Mail) often has problems with newsgroup alt.food.binaries, so I couldn't
>> see the pic either.

> Robert, it's alt.binaries.food, not alt.food.binaries.
>
> --

That's what I should have typed. That's the one Windows Mail often
has problems with.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > Robert, it's alt.binaries.food, not alt.food.binaries.

> That's what I should have typed. That's the one Windows Mail often
> has problems with.

Intermittant problems? Strange.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "jacquie" > wrote:
: > I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in the
: > morning
: > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

: Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open fire.
: Sweet memories of yesteryear. <sigh>

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

Smoked salmon, my grandmother's baked shad(kind of home smoked with lotsof
garlic unil fairly dry),

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Robert Miles" > wrote:
>> > Robert, it's alt.binaries.food, not alt.food.binaries.

>> That's what I should have typed. That's the one Windows Mail often
>> has problems with.

> Intermittant problems? Strange.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

From what I've experienced and seen other people post about it, it depends
on which newsgroups server you are trying to get that newsgroup from if you
see the problem or not, but on those servers where you see the problem, it
isn't intermittent.

Trying to get that newsgroup with some other newsreader program besides
Windows Mail seldom if ever runs into such a problem, though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well ok...I remember camping in Montana as a kid and my Dad frying up some
rainbow trout in corn meal and bacon fat...that was pretty good...but it was
fresh trout..and it was fried outdoors

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in the
>> morning
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open fire.
> Sweet memories of yesteryear. <sigh>
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

The only way I can eat Salmon is as fried patties My Grandson loves
Salmon...and Mussels. He used to not like anything, but he now likes food
most kids turn their noses up at. He is on Adderal for his ADHD so he
doesn't eat allot during the day, but a late supper of Salmon is one of his
favorite. He will also eat the fish his Stepdad and he catch. His STDad is
Hispanic and cooks allot of Mexican food...GS is tired of Mexican... so fish
is a nice change for him My kids loved liver when they were little...hubby
and I couldn't stomach it..so we had burgers when they had their liver..this
was when they were toddlers My husband will eat the smoked Salmon out of
the bag.

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : "jacquie" > wrote:
> : > I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in
> the
> : > morning
> : > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>
> : Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open
> fire.
> : Sweet memories of yesteryear. <sigh>
>
> : --
> : Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
>
> Smoked salmon, my grandmother's baked shad(kind of home smoked with lotsof
> garlic unil fairly dry),
>
> Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:16:24 -0700, "jacquie"
> wrote:

>Well ok...I remember camping in Montana as a kid and my Dad frying up some
>rainbow trout in corn meal and bacon fat...that was pretty good...but it was
>fresh trout..and it was fried outdoors

When you say you don'y like salmon - are you talking about
canned or fresh? If fresh, how was it cooked?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> : "jacquie" > wrote:
> : > I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in
> : > the morning
> : > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>
> : Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open
> : fire. Sweet memories of yesteryear [30 years ago, last time]. <sigh>

> Smoked salmon, my grandmother's baked shad(kind of home smoked with
> lotsof garlic unil fairly dry),

Mmm. Lox on bagel or gravlax on Schwarzbrot mit mustard. What a breakfast!
Never had baked shad, but if it's Bobe's recipe, it's gotta be lekker!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 17 May 2008 10:25:06 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Mmm. Lox on bagel or gravlax on Schwarzbrot mit mustard. What a breakfast!

Have you tried schwartzbrot, Nick? It's not on my breakfast menu, but
I can cope with a slice of the real, heavy stuff for lunch.

>Never had baked shad, but if it's Bobe's recipe, it's gotta be lekker!

Lekker?! That's Afrikaans for delicious, what's it doing showing up in
your vocabulary? fascinating!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> Well ok...I remember camping in Montana as a kid and my Dad frying up
> some rainbow trout in corn meal and bacon fat...that was pretty
> good...but it was fresh trout..and it was fried outdoors

Yep! You got it, Jacquie. Nice memories, eh?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> The only way I can eat Salmon is as fried patties My Grandson loves
> Salmon...and Mussels. He used to not like anything, but he now likes
> food most kids turn their noses up at. He is on Adderal for his ADHD so
> he doesn't eat allot during the day, but a late supper of Salmon is one
> of his favorite. He will also eat the fish his Stepdad and he catch. His
> STDad is Hispanic and cooks allot of Mexican food...GS is tired of
> Mexican... so fish is a nice change for him My kids loved liver when
> they were little...hubby and I couldn't stomach it..so we had burgers
> when they had their liver..this was when they were toddlers My husband
> will eat the smoked Salmon out of the bag.

My 15-1/2 year old grandson has ADHD and is bi-polar. He's a big kid.
Weighs 350 lbs. He's an excellent cook and has very eclectic tastes in
food, his only source of joy in a dysfuntional family. Nothing I can do.
<sigh>

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 17 May 2008 10:25:06 GMT, Nick Cramer >

> >Mmm. Lox on bagel or gravlax on Schwarzbrot mit mustard. What a
> >breakfast!

> Have you tried schwartzbrot, Nick? It's not on my breakfast menu, but
> I can cope with a slice of the real, heavy stuff for lunch.

Last time I had black bread was back in NYC, pre-1961. Don't even know
where to find it here in LA, but I haven't looked real hard.

> >Never had baked shad, but if it's Bobe's recipe, it's gotta be lekker!

> Lekker?! That's Afrikaans for delicious, what's it doing showing up in
> your vocabulary? fascinating!

Lekker is also Yiddish. Close to geshmak. But I'm just a Sichy goy from da
Bronx! Whaddo I know? ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:

> My 15-1/2 year old grandson has ADHD and is bi-polar. He's a big kid.
> Weighs 350 lbs. He's an excellent cook and has very eclectic tastes in
> food, his only source of joy in a dysfuntional family. Nothing I can do.
> <sigh>

My almost 16 year old grandson has ADHD, too. Not bi-polar but has a
bunch of "emotional issues". He is the pickiest eater I have ever seen
in my entire life. The kid only eats 3 or 4 things and none of them are
healthy. I still wonder how he survives.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
: "W. Baker" > wrote:
: > Nick Cramer > wrote:
: > : "jacquie" > wrote:
: > : > I think all I could stomach is the eggs and bacon...Can't do fish in
: > : > the morning
: > : > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
: >
: > : Fresh caught brook or lake trout, grilled or pan fried over an open
: > : fire. Sweet memories of yesteryear [30 years ago, last time]. <sigh>

: > Smoked salmon, my grandmother's baked shad(kind of home smoked with
: > lotsof garlic unil fairly dry),

: Mmm. Lox on bagel or gravlax on Schwarzbrot mit mustard. What a breakfast!
: Never had baked shad, but if it's Bobe's recipe, it's gotta be lekker!

: --
: Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!

I use Wasa or Ryevita with the lox and a little cream cheese. Works for
me. Husband has either bialy or rye bread. He isnot much on bagels since
they got so soft and big.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Mine has never had a weight problem except for when he first started on
Adderal...the DR said if he lost anymore weight he would be put into the
hospital, he looked anorexic....now that his body has adjusted to the med.
he at least still eats breakfast..before he takes the pill and
dinner...which they eat late when the drug is wearing off. He usually won't
eat lunch unless it is something small like a couple of crackers. He has
Great family support.
I've heard ADHD and Bi-Polar are difficult to treat together...something
about a med for one aggravates the other.
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> The only way I can eat Salmon is as fried patties My Grandson loves
>> Salmon...and Mussels. He used to not like anything, but he now likes
>> food most kids turn their noses up at. He is on Adderal for his ADHD so
>> he doesn't eat allot during the day, but a late supper of Salmon is one
>> of his favorite. He will also eat the fish his Stepdad and he catch. His
>> STDad is Hispanic and cooks allot of Mexican food...GS is tired of
>> Mexican... so fish is a nice change for him My kids loved liver when
>> they were little...hubby and I couldn't stomach it..so we had burgers
>> when they had their liver..this was when they were toddlers My husband
>> will eat the smoked Salmon out of the bag.

> My 15-1/2 year old grandson has ADHD and is bi-polar. He's a big kid.
> Weighs 350 lbs. He's an excellent cook and has very eclectic tastes in
> food, his only source of joy in a dysfuntional family. Nothing I can do.
> <sigh>
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

When mine started looking anorexic the DR told his mother to give him
anything candy, milkshakes ect. My daughter told him his dentist might
complain...his reply was ,it is easier to fix a bad tooth, then it is to fix
a broken down body..made sense. He decided on the good food on his own..we
never pushed him..only asked him to try new foods to see if he does like it.
He still likes sweets but watches what he eats ...he's a teenager so there
are times when he has a junk food attack or two So far he hasn't shown any
behavior issues..he did when he was younger..mostly anger issues, but he
controls himself well now. He still has problems making allot of friends but
he does have a few...but that is typical ADHD behavior. We also discuss his
ADHD with him...he also had a Special Ed Teacher that took time to explain
this condition..she made a point to tell them that ADHD kids are not "dumb"
they just have to learn in a different way. He does know that he will have
to take his meds when he starts driving. They did a study on ADHD drivers
and non ADHD drivers and ADHD drivers have twice as many accidents,when not
on their meds, then non ADHD drivers. He has finally caught up with his
class and will no longer be in Special Ed unless he shows signs of
struggling.
"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer wrote:
>
>> My 15-1/2 year old grandson has ADHD and is bi-polar. He's a big kid.
>> Weighs 350 lbs. He's an excellent cook and has very eclectic tastes in
>> food, his only source of joy in a dysfuntional family. Nothing I can do.
>> <sigh>
>>

> My almost 16 year old grandson has ADHD, too. Not bi-polar but has a bunch
> of "emotional issues". He is the pickiest eater I have ever seen in my
> entire life. The kid only eats 3 or 4 things and none of them are healthy.
> I still wonder how he survives.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
Jacquie
"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 16 May 2008 23:16:24 -0700, "jacquie"
> > wrote:
>
>>Well ok...I remember camping in Montana as a kid and my Dad frying up some
>>rainbow trout in corn meal and bacon fat...that was pretty good...but it
>>was
>>fresh trout..and it was fried outdoors

> When you say you don'y like salmon - are you talking about
> canned or fresh? If fresh, how was it cooked?
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> --
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
> Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.
>
> Angkor Wat
> http://loraltravel.blogspot.com

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

The best..it was before the Yellowstone Earthquake and my nervous
breakdown
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "jacquie" > wrote:
>> Well ok...I remember camping in Montana as a kid and my Dad frying up
>> some rainbow trout in corn meal and bacon fat...that was pretty
>> good...but it was fresh trout..and it was fried outdoors

> Yep! You got it, Jacquie. Nice memories, eh?
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"
> wrote:

>Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
>Jacquie

Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.

My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
flakes.

Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
Succulent and tasty.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

: > wrote:

[...]

I may have submitted this before on thie list, but I have a nice, quick
adn dirty tasty fish cooking method that workd for thin fish like tilapia
fillets to thick pieces of salmon. Put the fish in a microwave safe dish
along with some lemon juice, thinly sliced onions and green or other
colored peppers, and salas of your choice of heat. Cover tightly adn
microwave until fish is done. Naturally, the thick fish will take longer
than the thin, but just test and if not done, put back for another minute
or so.

Try it and see how it goes for you.

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"jacquie" > wrote:
> Mine has never had a weight problem except for when he first started on
> Adderal...the DR said if he lost anymore weight he would be put into the
> hospital, he looked anorexic....now that his body has adjusted to the
> med. he at least still eats breakfast..before he takes the pill and
> dinner...which they eat late when the drug is wearing off. He usually
> won't eat lunch unless it is something small like a couple of crackers.
> He has Great family support.
> I've heard ADHD and Bi-Polar are difficult to treat together...something
> about a med for one aggravates the other.

Yeah. It's really sad for me. When he comes for a visit with my daughter,
he's always polite and inquizitive. I won't wish ill on his father, but
I've thought about it. ;-(

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"
> > wrote:
>
>> Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
>> Jacquie

> Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
> hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.
>
> My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
> Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
> mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
> flakes.
>
> Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
> skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
> skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
> and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
> turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
> underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
> cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
> Succulent and tasty.

I like my salmon lightly baked or microwaved with a tomato/onion/garlic/herb
sauce (or a nice ratatouille).

For white fish I have found a new treat A mix of finely chopped pecans,
some cholesterol lowering margarine, crushed chopped garlic, FGBP, cayenne
pepper and a little lemon juice. Oh and some chopped parsley (the
continental kind you use for tabbouli. The original recipe called for
breadcrumbs but I can't get my low carb bread anymore so that is optional.

Top the fish with that and bake til fish just cooked. It is absolutely
delicious!

For trout I mix some herbs of my choice with FGBP and some chopped garlic, a
little cholesterol lowering marg or a bit of oil of choice and fill the
cavity of the trout with the mix. On top of the mix I put thinly sliced half
slices of lemon, rub the outside with a bit of the marg or oil and garlic
then bake or bbq in foil. I like fresh dill as the herb for most fish. An
Italian mix is also good, especially with tomatoes.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:27:57 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> wrote:

>FGBP

Brain is slow tonight - but I finally got it (comes in that
big wooden thing with the turny bit on top:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S wrote:
> On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:27:57 +1000, "Ozgirl"
> > wrote:
>
>> FGBP

> Brain is slow tonight - but I finally got it (comes in that
> big wooden thing with the turny bit on top:-)

lol, better late than never

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Alan S wrote:
> > On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"

> >> Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
> >> Jacquie

> > Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
> > hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.
> >
> > My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
> > Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
> > mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
> > flakes.
> >
> > Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
> > skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
> > skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
> > and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
> > turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
> > underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
> > cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
> > Succulent and tasty.

> I like my salmon lightly baked or microwaved with a
> tomato/onion/garlic/herb sauce (or a nice ratatouille).
>
> For white fish I have found a new treat A mix of finely chopped
> pecans, some cholesterol lowering margarine, crushed chopped garlic,
> FGBP, cayenne pepper and a little lemon juice. Oh and some chopped
> parsley (the continental kind you use for tabbouli. The original recipe
> called for breadcrumbs but I can't get my low carb bread anymore so that
> is optional.
>
> Top the fish with that and bake til fish just cooked. It is absolutely
> delicious!
>
> For trout I mix some herbs of my choice with FGBP and some chopped
> garlic, a little cholesterol lowering marg or a bit of oil of choice and
> fill the cavity of the trout with the mix. On top of the mix I put thinly
> sliced half slices of lemon, rub the outside with a bit of the marg or
> oil and garlic then bake or bbq in foil. I like fresh dill as the herb
> for most fish. An Italian mix is also good, especially with tomatoes.

Your herb mix sounds good. The thing I don't like about microwaving fish or
steak is that the inside gets cooked, too. I prefer grilling or pan frying
in butter and EVOO.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> Alan S wrote:
>>> On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"

>>> Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
>>> hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.
>>>
>>> My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
>>> Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
>>> mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
>>> flakes.
>>>
>>> Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
>>> skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
>>> skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
>>> and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
>>> turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
>>> underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
>>> cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
>>> Succulent and tasty.

>> I like my salmon lightly baked or microwaved with a
>> tomato/onion/garlic/herb sauce (or a nice ratatouille).
>>
>> For white fish I have found a new treat A mix of finely chopped
>> pecans, some cholesterol lowering margarine, crushed chopped garlic,
>> FGBP, cayenne pepper and a little lemon juice. Oh and some chopped
>> parsley (the continental kind you use for tabbouli. The original
>> recipe called for breadcrumbs but I can't get my low carb bread
>> anymore so that is optional.
>>
>> Top the fish with that and bake til fish just cooked. It is
>> absolutely delicious!
>>
>> For trout I mix some herbs of my choice with FGBP and some chopped
>> garlic, a little cholesterol lowering marg or a bit of oil of choice
>> and fill the cavity of the trout with the mix. On top of the mix I
>> put thinly sliced half slices of lemon, rub the outside with a bit
>> of the marg or oil and garlic then bake or bbq in foil. I like
>> fresh dill as the herb for most fish. An Italian mix is also good,
>> especially with tomatoes.

> Your herb mix sounds good. The thing I don't like about microwaving
> fish or steak is that the inside gets cooked, too. I prefer grilling
> or pan frying in butter and EVOO.

Well I like to eat my food dead I don't micro steak, there is only one
way to cook steak.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:

[ . . . ]
> Well I like to eat my food dead I don't micro steak, there is only one
> way to cook steak.

Charred blood rare over a charcoal grill, for me! I like salmon the same
way, also sashimi, smoked or salt cured.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~