Old 20-05-2008, 01:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Big breakfast

On Tue, 20 May 2008 16:27:57 +1000, "Ozgirl"
wrote:

FGBP

Brain is slow tonight - but I finally got it (comes in that
big wooden thing with the turny bit on top:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.

Angkor Wat
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com

Old 20-05-2008, 02:45 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

FGBP

Brain is slow tonight - but I finally got it (comes in that
big wooden thing with the turny bit on top:-)

lol, better late than never

Old 21-05-2008, 07:26 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
Alan S wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"

Fresh, when we were in Alaska...I have tried grilled,
Jacquie

Well, that had to be good. If you didn't like that, it's
hard to suggest something. But somebody might like this.

My favourite method at home is to dust a piece of Atlantic
Salmon fillet with paprika and maybe a little cajun spice
mix, plus a touch of red-hot home-chopped birds-eye chili
flakes.

Then I sear it on both sides in hot oil, starting with the
skin side. But first I put a sprig of rosemary on the
skillet under the fillet. After searing I reduce the heat
and cover the fillet with a saucepan lid to trap the heat,
turn after a couple of minutes and then cook until just
underdone. If I pick the timing right the centre will finish
cooking while it rests on the plate as I serve the veges.
Succulent and tasty.

I like my salmon lightly baked or microwaved with a
tomato/onion/garlic/herb sauce (or a nice ratatouille).

For white fish I have found a new treat A mix of finely chopped
pecans, some cholesterol lowering margarine, crushed chopped garlic,
FGBP, cayenne pepper and a little lemon juice. Oh and some chopped
parsley (the continental kind you use for tabbouli. The original recipe
called for breadcrumbs but I can't get my low carb bread anymore so that
is optional.

Top the fish with that and bake til fish just cooked. It is absolutely
delicious!

For trout I mix some herbs of my choice with FGBP and some chopped
garlic, a little cholesterol lowering marg or a bit of oil of choice and
fill the cavity of the trout with the mix. On top of the mix I put thinly
sliced half slices of lemon, rub the outside with a bit of the marg or
oil and garlic then bake or bbq in foil. I like fresh dill as the herb
for most fish. An Italian mix is also good, especially with tomatoes.

Your herb mix sounds good. The thing I don't like about microwaving fish or
steak is that the inside gets cooked, too. I prefer grilling or pan frying
in butter and EVOO.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Old 21-05-2008, 07:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote:
Alan S wrote:
[...]

Well I like to eat my food dead I don't micro steak, there is only one
way to cook steak.

Old 21-05-2008, 08:52 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" wrote:
Nick Cramer wrote:
"Ozgirl" wrote:
Alan S wrote:
On Sat, 17 May 2008 13:56:41 -0700, "jacquie"

[ . . . ]
Well I like to eat my food dead I don't micro steak, there is only one
way to cook steak.

Charred blood rare over a charcoal grill, for me! I like salmon the same
way, also sashimi, smoked or salt cured.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~