Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Mexican dip

I posted this recipe some years back, but I figured I might as well post it
again because we are always getting new people. And it's not so much a
recipe but just instructions.

Years ago, I used to make this with refried beans, grated cheese and salsa.
Can't have the real cheese now because of food allergies. Now I use rice
cheese but it tastes just as good. If you can't have the carbs from beans,
it works just as well without them. And it can be made without the cheese
if you can't have any form of cheese.

Start with your beans (if you're going to use them). Put them in a shallow
bowl or other microwaveable container. You can use canned beans or cooked
from scratch. When I made them from scratch, I didn't really refry them,
but cooked them, added some olive oil and mashed with a potato masher.

Add as much cheese as you like, then some salsa to thin it down a bit. You
can add any other Mexican type ingredients you like. Such as chopped
tomatoes, onion, cilantro or hot peppers.

Microwave it until the cheese melts, then stir it all up. At this point you
could add sour cream and guacamole if you like (I don't).

Serve with chunks of raw vegetables. I like bell peppers and celery.

Makes a good quick meal or snack.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>I posted this recipe some years back, but I figured I might as well post it
>again because we are always getting new people. And it's not so much a
>recipe but just instructions.
>
> Years ago, I used to make this with refried beans, grated cheese and
> salsa. Can't have the real cheese now because of food allergies. Now I
> use rice cheese but it tastes just as good. If you can't have the carbs
> from beans, it works just as well without them. And it can be made
> without the cheese if you can't have any form of cheese.

[snip]
Have you found this newsgroup yet:

alt.support.food-allergies

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>I posted this recipe some years back, but I figured I might as well post
>>it again because we are always getting new people. And it's not so much a
>>recipe but just instructions.
>>
>> Years ago, I used to make this with refried beans, grated cheese and
>> salsa. Can't have the real cheese now because of food allergies. Now I
>> use rice cheese but it tastes just as good. If you can't have the carbs
>> from beans, it works just as well without them. And it can be made
>> without the cheese if you can't have any form of cheese.
>>

> [snip]
> Have you found this newsgroup yet:
>
> alt.support.food-allergies

Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> > [snip]
> > Have you found this newsgroup yet:
> >
> > alt.support.food-allergies

> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that took
offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
newsgroup?

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>> > "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>> > [snip]
>> > Have you found this newsgroup yet:
>> >
>> > alt.support.food-allergies

>> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
>> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

> Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that took
> offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
> individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
> newsgroup?

alt.food.recipes. It wasn't just one person but several. They posted some
lies about me and said I was doing nothing but whining and complaining. I
did ask a few times to see if anyone had particular recipes that didn't
involve the use of our allergens. I thought they could be of some help.
Apparently not. This whole thing extended beyond the newsgroup. I made the
mistake of going into their chat. Bad thing that. I got along well (at
least I think) with several of the men in there, including the owner of the
chat. We had some pleasant chats. Actually I got along with some of the
women there too, but a few of them apparently didn't like me at all. Things
got very catty and they dragged diabetes into it. One of them is also a
diabetic and one is a nurse who seemed to think I knew nothing about it. It
was bad. When they posted the nastiness about me and said they would give
ME one more chance, I decided I didn't need it. Thing is, there were a
couple of other people there who also had food allergies and I was able to
get some helpful information form them. But it's just not worth the grief I
was getting from the "gang".

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
> >> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

> > Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that
> > took offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
> > individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
> > newsgroup?

> alt.food.recipes. It wasn't just one person but several. They posted
> some lies about me and said I was doing nothing but whining and
> complaining. I did ask a few times to see if anyone had particular
> recipes that didn't involve the use of our allergens. I thought they
> could be of some help. Apparently not. This whole thing extended beyond
> the newsgroup. I made the mistake of going into their chat. Bad thing
> that. I got along well (at least I think) with several of the men in
> there, including the owner of the chat. We had some pleasant chats.
> Actually I got along with some of the women there too, but a few of them
> apparently didn't like me at all. Things got very catty and they dragged
> diabetes into it. One of them is also a diabetic and one is a nurse who
> seemed to think I knew nothing about it. It was bad. When they posted
> the nastiness about me and said they would give ME one more chance, I
> decided I didn't need it. Thing is, there were a couple of other people
> there who also had food allergies and I was able to get some helpful
> information form them. But it's just not worth the grief I was getting
> from the "gang".

Julie, **** the people who lie and snipe at you. Yeah. You do some whining
and complaining, but given your problems, I have no problem with that. What
I have commented to you about is your seeming acceptance of being a victim.
As a cyberfriend, I'll continue to do that, hopefully in a polite,
respectful and understanding way. I took a look at at a.f.r. Too much SPAM
for me. Are you able to get binary groups. I'm a regular on
alt.binaries.food, where a number of people have diabetes and allergies.
Nice folks and no SPAM!

Take care.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:

>> > Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that
>> > took offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
>> > individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
>> > newsgroup?

>> alt.food.recipes. It wasn't just one person but several. They posted
>> some lies about me and said I was doing nothing but whining and
>> complaining. I did ask a few times to see if anyone had particular
>> recipes that didn't involve the use of our allergens. I thought they
>> could be of some help. Apparently not. This whole thing extended beyond
>> the newsgroup. I made the mistake of going into their chat. Bad thing
>> that. I got along well (at least I think) with several of the men in
>> there, including the owner of the chat. We had some pleasant chats.
>> Actually I got along with some of the women there too, but a few of them
>> apparently didn't like me at all. Things got very catty and they dragged
>> diabetes into it. One of them is also a diabetic and one is a nurse who
>> seemed to think I knew nothing about it. It was bad. When they posted
>> the nastiness about me and said they would give ME one more chance, I
>> decided I didn't need it. Thing is, there were a couple of other people
>> there who also had food allergies and I was able to get some helpful
>> information form them. But it's just not worth the grief I was getting
>> from the "gang".

> Julie, **** the people who lie and snipe at you. Yeah. You do some whining
> and complaining, but given your problems, I have no problem with that.
> What
> I have commented to you about is your seeming acceptance of being a
> victim.
> As a cyberfriend, I'll continue to do that, hopefully in a polite,
> respectful and understanding way. I took a look at at a.f.r. Too much SPAM
> for me. Are you able to get binary groups. I'm a regular on
> alt.binaries.food, where a number of people have diabetes and allergies.
> Nice folks and no SPAM!
>
> Take care.

I can do binaries but never have. And yes, rfc gets a ton of spam! I don't
see myself as being a victim, just not going to stay there and be a target
for them. I sure don't need that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>>I posted this recipe some years back, but I figured I might as well post
>>>it again because we are always getting new people. And it's not so much
>>>a recipe but just instructions.
>>>
>>> Years ago, I used to make this with refried beans, grated cheese and
>>> salsa. Can't have the real cheese now because of food allergies. Now I
>>> use rice cheese but it tastes just as good. If you can't have the carbs
>>> from beans, it works just as well without them. And it can be made
>>> without the cheese if you can't have any form of cheese.
>>>

>> [snip]
>> Have you found this newsgroup yet:
>>
>> alt.support.food-allergies

> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

I found hundreds of posts there, but that was going back to 2005. It's not
especially active, but there are some people who post there. There's a
possibility your newsgroup provider doesn't have a suitable connection
for that newsgroup.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> [snip]
>>> Have you found this newsgroup yet:
>>>
>>> alt.support.food-allergies

>> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
>> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

> I found hundreds of posts there, but that was going back to 2005. It's
> not
> especially active, but there are some people who post there. There's a
> possibility your newsgroup provider doesn't have a suitable connection
> for that newsgroup.

There are occasional posts there but not even much spam. You'll note I am
one of the few posters.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>>> Yeah. Nobody posts there. And they don't want me on the regular food
>>> newsgroup. Apparently they don't belong there.

>> Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that took
>> offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
>> individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
>> newsgroup?

> alt.food.recipes. It wasn't just one person but several. They posted some
> lies about me and said I was doing nothing but whining and complaining. I
> did ask a few times to see if anyone had particular recipes that didn't
> involve the use of our allergens. I thought they could be of some help.
> Apparently not. This whole thing extended beyond the newsgroup. I made the
> mistake of going into their chat. Bad thing that. I got along well (at
> least I think) with several of the men in there, including the owner of the
> chat. We had some pleasant chats. Actually I got along with some of the
> women there too, but a few of them apparently didn't like me at all. Things
> got very catty and they dragged diabetes into it. One of them is also a
> diabetic and one is a nurse who seemed to think I knew nothing about it. It
> was bad. When they posted the nastiness about me and said they would give
> ME one more chance, I decided I didn't need it. Thing is, there were a
> couple of other people there who also had food allergies and I was able to
> get some helpful information form them. But it's just not worth the grief I
> was getting from the "gang".

With all due respect, Julie, I think part of your problem is that you
have a tendency to respond to posts in a very negative fashion. When
someone tries to be helpful and offer you a suggestion, you should thank
them and leave it at that. They don't need to know why the recipe or
suggestion is not good for you. It can appear as whining.

It's hard for some of us to remember all the no-nos in your family and
well-meaning posters might feel rebuffed by your responses that you
'can't eat this' or your daughter 'can't eat that'.

I hope you don't take this in the wrong way. I'm just trying to spare
you from further hurt.

Janet

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

> I can do binaries but never have. And yes, rfc gets a ton of spam! I don't
> see myself as being a victim, just not going to stay there and be a target
> for them. I sure don't need that.

One is only a victim of newsgroups if one makes oneself a victim. I've
been participating in Usenet since 1995. I've been flamed and have
flamed with the best of them. I NEVER take it seriously.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> Julie, I've been told to get off a couple of NG's by some people that
>>> took
>>> offense at some of my posts, sig line, etc. I just killfile those
>>> individuals and continue on my merry way. BTW What "regular food"
>>> newsgroup?

>> alt.food.recipes. It wasn't just one person but several. They posted
>> some lies about me and said I was doing nothing but whining and
>> complaining. I did ask a few times to see if anyone had particular
>> recipes that didn't involve the use of our allergens. I thought they
>> could be of some help. Apparently not. This whole thing extended beyond
>> the newsgroup. I made the mistake of going into their chat. Bad thing
>> that. I got along well (at least I think) with several of the men in
>> there, including the owner of the chat. We had some pleasant chats.
>> Actually I got along with some of the women there too, but a few of them
>> apparently didn't like me at all. Things got very catty and they dragged
>> diabetes into it. One of them is also a diabetic and one is a nurse who
>> seemed to think I knew nothing about it. It was bad. When they posted
>> the nastiness about me and said they would give ME one more chance, I
>> decided I didn't need it. Thing is, there were a couple of other people
>> there who also had food allergies and I was able to get some helpful
>> information form them. But it's just not worth the grief I was getting
>> from the "gang".

> With all due respect, Julie, I think part of your problem is that you have
> a tendency to respond to posts in a very negative fashion. When someone
> tries to be helpful and offer you a suggestion, you should thank them and
> leave it at that. They don't need to know why the recipe or suggestion is
> not good for you. It can appear as whining.
>
> It's hard for some of us to remember all the no-nos in your family and
> well-meaning posters might feel rebuffed by your responses that you 'can't
> eat this' or your daughter 'can't eat that'.
>
> I hope you don't take this in the wrong way. I'm just trying to spare you
> from further hurt.

Well, when I asked for a specific thing that didn't involve certain foods
and all I get in response is a recipe that calls for what I asked it not to
have, I can't see how to offer any thanks.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:
>
>> I can do binaries but never have. And yes, rfc gets a ton of spam! I
>> don't see myself as being a victim, just not going to stay there and be a
>> target for them. I sure don't need that.

> One is only a victim of newsgroups if one makes oneself a victim. I've
> been participating in Usenet since 1995. I've been flamed and have flamed
> with the best of them. I NEVER take it seriously.

You've obviously not been stalked then.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:

> Well, when I asked for a specific thing that didn't involve certain foods
> and all I get in response is a recipe that calls for what I asked it not
> to have, I can't see how to offer any thanks.

Try "Duly noted. Thanks for your interest." A rather polite F U!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> > Julie Bove wrote:
> >
> >> I can do binaries but never have. And yes, rfc gets a ton of spam! I
> >> don't see myself as being a victim, just not going to stay there and
> >> be a target for them. I sure don't need that.

> > One is only a victim of newsgroups if one makes oneself a victim. I've
> > been participating in Usenet since 1995. I've been flamed and have
> > flamed with the best of them. I NEVER take it seriously.

> You've obviously not been stalked then.

Even this ugly, worn out old man has been stalked. I reported it to
everybody, including the state's Attorney General and the county DA. It
stopped. I have no tolerance for unsolicited, abusive email and anyone who
breaks into my house and threatens me or my family will be shot!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:
>>
>>> I can do binaries but never have. And yes, rfc gets a ton of spam! I
>>> don't see myself as being a victim, just not going to stay there and be a
>>> target for them. I sure don't need that.

>> One is only a victim of newsgroups if one makes oneself a victim. I've
>> been participating in Usenet since 1995. I've been flamed and have flamed
>> with the best of them. I NEVER take it seriously.

> You've obviously not been stalked then.

I've had all kinds of funny things done to me, like the time someone
wrote a letter to my congressman in my name thinking that I'd be
mortified when actually I completely agreed with the letter.

Again, don't take it seriously.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> One is only a victim of newsgroups if one makes oneself a victim. I've
>>> been participating in Usenet since 1995. I've been flamed and have
>>> flamed with the best of them. I NEVER take it seriously.

>> You've obviously not been stalked then.

> I've had all kinds of funny things done to me, like the time someone wrote
> a letter to my congressman in my name thinking that I'd be mortified when
> actually I completely agreed with the letter.
>
> Again, don't take it seriously.

Nope. I take stalking seriously. You never know what a wacko might do. I
had one person's account shut down when they spambotted my inbox so badly I
couldn't use my e-mail. I wasn't the only one in the NG that it happened
to. My ISP said they LIVE for people like that.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I like most people in the late 80's early 90's came to usenet thinking it
was the great utopia...people using thier minds to express great ideas and
share knowledge...then i quickly discovered those same minds are the same
ones i dispise offline..the racists the pediphiles the stalkers the cruel
the demented all finding common thinkers and worse annonymity to really let
themselfs go...

I quickly learned to never ever give out anything personal because i was
stalked a few times..my photo and phone number shared etc and this was in
harmless scifi chat rooms and weightlifting boards..i was lucky enough to
live in a secure building ..but still ...to many dang wierdos out there.

That said i met my wife online so theres also good....but it took many years
of talking as regular people not lookin for dates etc that led us to
talk..then background checks and then phone ..then meeeting in
public...lol..worth it tho its been ten years.

But back to the point i NEVER ever feel compelled to give up anyhting to
anyone...and this is MY free time..i owe nothing to anyone and do as i
wish..and being bothered by others or upset in anyway isnt going to happen.

KROM

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> Julie Bove wrote:

>>> You've obviously not been stalked then.

>> I've had all kinds of funny things done to me, like the time someone
>> wrote a letter to my congressman in my name thinking that I'd be
>> mortified when actually I completely agreed with the letter.
>>
>> Again, don't take it seriously.

> Nope. I take stalking seriously. You never know what a wacko might do.
> I had one person's account shut down when they spambotted my inbox so
> badly I couldn't use my e-mail. I wasn't the only one in the NG that it
> happened to. My ISP said they LIVE for people like that.

Mexican Pot Pie Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 29-12-2005 04:56 AM
Mexican Meat-zza: Mexican Deep-Dish Pan Pizza Oh Deer Recipes (moderated) 0 05-10-2005 12:14 AM
Not mexican but OK Dimitri Mexican Cooking 3 21-04-2005 11:52 PM
Mexican Dip Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 08-01-2005 12:58 PM
Mexican Dip Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 08-01-2005 12:58 PM