Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Oatmeal dinner

FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2 raw
eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2 raw
> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.

Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had oatmeal
was with sweet stuff on it.

Angela was happy as a clam tonight. Went for Mexican food at the place that
makes us special meals. She wanted more coleslaw and the waiter brought her
a big plate of it and didn't charge us extra.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default OT/ Heroes

On 10 May 2008 03:16:46 GMT, Nick Cramer
> wrote:

>Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
>I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War. They
>are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
>forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Nick, I just watched a repeat of this show:
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...er/default.htm

Click on "Full Program" to the right of the photo, if you
have broadband.

To me, this was true reality TV. Two ordinary blokes making
a difference.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I must say, that sounds disgusting

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2 raw
> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
>> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
>> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
>> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2 raw
>> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.

> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.

I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message
>I must say, that sounds disgusting

Now I don't feel so bad.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Robert Miles" > wrote in message

> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>>> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
>>> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
>>> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
>>> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2
>>> raw
>>> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.

>> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
>> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.
>>

> I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.

I can't remember the last time I had any. I do remember what I put in it
though. A lot of chopped apples and some cinnamon. It was the gluten free
kind, cooked on the stove.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
>>> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.
>>>

>> I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.

> I can't remember the last time I had any. I do remember what I put in it
> though. A lot of chopped apples and some cinnamon. It was the gluten
> free kind, cooked on the stove.

I used to like a few variations when I was able to eat it.

1. Smothered in brown sugar and butter on top which melted, with full cream
milk- got that from my grandfather who would be 117 if he had lived.

2. With a combo of wheatgerm, unprocessed bran and roughly stewed apples
stirred through with skim milk - learned that from an elderly nursing home
resident when I worked in one.

3. Plain (but cooked with artificial sweetener stirred through) with
lecithin granules over the top and skim milk.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of
> > pinhead oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30
> > minutes at 30% power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and
> > one minced Black Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the
> > end. Cracked 2 raw eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour
> > 118.

> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.

I take it you've never had Haggis. ;-)

> Angela was happy as a clam tonight. Went for Mexican food at the place
> that makes us special meals. She wanted more coleslaw and the waiter
> brought her a big plate of it and didn't charge us extra.

That's great, Julie. I'm glad she gets that special treatment! How old is
Angela now? I forget. ;-(

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:
> > wrote:

> Nick, I just watched a repeat of this show:
> http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...er/default.htm
>
> Click on "Full Program" to the right of the photo, if you
> have broadband.
>
> To me, this was true reality TV. Two ordinary blokes making
> a difference.

Thanks, Alan. I'm on dialup. The pics tell me it's Cambodia. I met many
Cambodians and Laotians at a Cambodian Buddhist Temple here in the States.
The emotional scars are as bad as the physical.

I'm familiar with the pluck of you Aussies from ANZAC on and honor their
memory every April 25th and on occasions like this. I have a couple of
poems about Gallipoli, as well. I hoist a wee dram in Honor of the Memory
of All Who Served and especially those who paid the ultimate price, that we
may be free! Excuse me a moment.

Cheers, mates!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> I must say, that sounds disgusting
>
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of
> > pinhead oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30
> > minutes at 30% power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and
> > one minced Black Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the
> > end. Cracked 2 raw eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour
> > 118.

But it tasted sooooo good! ;-)

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 10 May 2008 09:25:59 GMT, Nick Cramer
> wrote:

>Alan S > wrote:
>> > wrote:

>> Nick, I just watched a repeat of this show:
>> http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specia...er/default.htm
>>
>> Click on "Full Program" to the right of the photo, if you
>> have broadband.
>>
>> To me, this was true reality TV. Two ordinary blokes making
>> a difference.

>Thanks, Alan. I'm on dialup. The pics tell me it's Cambodia. I met many
>Cambodians and Laotians at a Cambodian Buddhist Temple here in the States.
>The emotional scars are as bad as the physical.
>
>I'm familiar with the pluck of you Aussies from ANZAC on and honor their
>memory every April 25th and on occasions like this. I have a couple of
>poems about Gallipoli, as well. I hoist a wee dram in Honor of the Memory
>of All Who Served and especially those who paid the ultimate price, that we
>may be free! Excuse me a moment.
>
>Cheers, mates!

It's the story of a couple of Aussie Vietnam vets. They saw
horrific things in Vietnam, including an incident where
seven died from a landmine blast. One of them went through
years of alcohol addiction and, to my eyes, is clearly an
out-of-control type 2 (foot problems are also mentioned). If
you saw him down the street you'd probably head in the other
direction; he's a roughy.

But for several years he and his mate have been spending
their spare time and money in Cambodia. Neither appeared to
be wealthy. Among other things they learned how to defuse
landmines, by hand. They are the only free-lance unpaid
foreign mine-field clearers in Cambodia. They also are
involved in assisting a school/orphanage for kids damaged by
mines. They have also raised funds to send Cambodians
overseas for training in mine-defusing.

Just ordinary blokes doing extraordinary things.

To me it's people like these who should be getting prizes
for "reality" shows. Not actors, celebrities or manner-less
adolescents. But, of course, they won't. And if they did
they would send it to the school or send another Cambodian
to a course.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:What to Eat Until You Get Your Meter.
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Julie Bove" > wrote:
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

>> > FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of
>> > pinhead oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30
>> > minutes at 30% power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and
>> > one minced Black Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the
>> > end. Cracked 2 raw eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour
>> > 118.

>> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
>> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.

> I take it you've never had Haggis. ;-)

No and I wouldn't have it.

>> Angela was happy as a clam tonight. Went for Mexican food at the place
>> that makes us special meals. She wanted more coleslaw and the waiter
>> brought her a big plate of it and didn't charge us extra.

> That's great, Julie. I'm glad she gets that special treatment! How old is
> Angela now? I forget. ;-(

Will be 10 in July.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles > wrote:

: "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: news:Kh9Vj.41$jk1.37@trndny05...
: >
: > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
: > ...
: >> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of pinhead
: >> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at 30%
: >> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced Black
: >> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2 raw
: >> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.
: >
: > Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
: > oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.
: >
: I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.

I used to eat it with just salt and milk and as a child with butter and
salt, along with the small amount of milk.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> I must say, that sounds disgusting
>>
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> > FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of
>> > pinhead oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30
>> > minutes at 30% power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and
>> > one minced Black Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the
>> > end. Cracked 2 raw eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour
>> > 118.

> But it tasted sooooo good! ;-)

If you say so

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> Robert Miles > wrote:
>
> : "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
> : news:Kh9Vj.41$jk1.37@trndny05...
> : >
> : > "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> : > ...
> : >> FBG 73 (1 PM). Just before dinner BG 91. (6 PM) Nuked 1/4 cup of
> pinhead
> : >> oats in 1 cup of water and a pinch of Kosher salt for 30 minutes at
> 30%
> : >> power. Added 1/4 cup of shredded Colby Jack cheese and one minced
> Black
> : >> Thai chile 1/2 way through, then 2 Tbs butter near the end. Cracked 2
> raw
> : >> eggs on top at serving. One hour PP BG 117. Two hour 118.
> : >
> : > Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
> : > oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.
> : >
> : I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.
>
> I used to eat it with just salt and milk and as a child with butter and
> salt, along with the small amount of milk.

Sounds pretty traditional to me

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Iused to love the Banana and walnut instant oatmeal..don't dare now ..spikes
me bad
Jacquie
"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Robert Miles" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Julie Bove" > wrote in message

>>> Whoa Nellie! That just sounds NASTY to me! The only way I ever had
>>> oatmeal was with sweet stuff on it.
>>>

>> I often have some with butter on top, and cinnamon mixed in.

> I can't remember the last time I had any. I do remember what I put in it
> though. A lot of chopped apples and some cinnamon. It was the gluten
> free kind, cooked on the stove.

Cheesy Oatmeal & eggs dinner Nick Cramer Diabetic 0 25-05-2008 10:01 AM
Oatmeal ChrisW General Cooking 11 22-10-2007 07:10 PM
Oatmeal Dinner Rolls Beth Layman Recipes (moderated) 0 15-09-2005 02:30 AM
Oatmeal for Dinner Wayne General Cooking 10 17-09-2004 03:08 PM
Oatmeal Pie Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 19-08-2004 02:16 PM