Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Aloeride Has Anti-Diabetic Potential

Plants have been used as a source of medicine through out the years of
time. The use of plants in treatment of various human ailments has
been noted in many of the ancient Indian literature. There are about
45,000 plant species in India and several thousands have been used as
medicine because of the purported medicinal properties. In the last
few decades the studies performed on the plants mentioned in the
literature or were used traditionally for diabetes have shown to
actually have anti-diabetic properties. The study reviews 45 of the
anti-diabetic plants and their products have shown experimental or
clinical anti-diabetic activity. The most commonly studied and the
most successful of these plants used in association of diabetes and
their problems are the Allium cepa, Allium sativum, Aloe vera, Cajanus
cajan, Coccinia indica, Caesalpinia bonducella, Ficus bengalenesis,
Gymnema sylvestre, Momordica charantia, Ocimum sanctum, Pterocarpus
marsupium, Swertia chirayita, Syzigium cumini, Tinospora cordifolia
and Trigonella foenum graecum. A varying degree of hypoglycemia and
anti-hyperglycemic activity were shown in a variety of degrees in all
of the plants.

In preliminary clinical and experimental observations, the dried sap
of the al0e plant is a traditional remedy used for diabetes in the
Arabian Peninsula. In fact it is one of the many traditional remedies
used in diabetes in the Arabian Peninsula. 5 patients wit non-insulin-
dependent diabetes and in Swiss albino mice were studied. With one
half teaspoon of the aloes ingested daily for 4-14 weeks, the fasting
serum glucose level fell in every patient from 273 to 151 with no
weight gain or loss. In normal mice, the doses of 10 mg twice daily of
glibenclamide and 500 mg twice daily of aloes induce hypoglycaemia (an
abnormally low level of sugar) after 5 days. 71 from 91, versus 130 in
the control animals only glibenclamide was effective after 3 days.
Glibenclamide and aloes noticeably reduced the fasting plasma glucose
in the diabetic mice after 3 days. Only the aloes was useful after
that and by day number 7, the plasma glucose was 394 versus 64, in the
controls and 726 in the glibenclamide treated group. The conclusion to
this study was aloes contains a hypoglycaemic agent, which lowers the
blood glucose, however the specific cause is unknown.

In this study the objective is to perform a methodical review of the
published literature on the effectiveness and the safety of the use of
herbal supplements, vitamins and minerals, and therapies as glucose
control in patients with diabetes.

An electronic literary search was perform of Medline, Oldmedline,
Cochrane Library Database, and performed hand searches and consulting
with experts in the field. This study also included any available
clinical studies involving human participants and examined glycemic
control. When data had been extracted in a consistent manner, two
independent investigators assessed the procedural quality of the
randomized controlled trials using the Jadad scale.

The Results found a total of 108 trials examining 35 herbs, whether
single or in combination, and 9 vitamin/mineral supplements, which
involved 4,565 patients with diabetes or weakened glucose tolerance.
The criteria was met and analyzed. There were 58 controlled clinical
trials, 42 were randomized and 16 were non-randomized trials, which
mostly used patients with type 2 diabetes. Of the 58 trials, the
direction of the evidence form improved glucose control was positive
in 76%, which equals to 44 of the 58. Very few adverse effects were
reported.

The Conclusion is still insufficient evidence to draw definitive
conclusions about the effectiveness of individual herbs, however they
do appear to be safe. With the data available it does suggest several
of the herbal supplements need further study because of their positive
results in the preliminary trials. These are Aloe vera, vanadium,
nopal and a few others.

With Aloeride containing pure Aloe vera it is safe to say, the
findings show positive results in lowering glucose among type II
diabetics, and it has been found to be safe to take. Check into the
other qualities of Aloeride with pure Aloe Vera. You just might be
surprised.

http://nature-g.blogspot.com/search/label/Anti-Diabetic

Regards,
http://nature-g.blogspot.com
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
[snip]
> The Conclusion is still insufficient evidence to draw definitive
> conclusions about the effectiveness of individual herbs, however they
> do appear to be safe. With the data available it does suggest several
> of the herbal supplements need further study because of their positive
> results in the preliminary trials. These are Aloe vera, vanadium,
> nopal and a few others.

So you call vanadium a herb? Looks like a good way to make people
not believe you.

Member

1. HELPS HEAL WOUNDS

The bulk of the aloe leaf is filled with gel, 96% water with the other 4% containing 75 known substances. Applied to wounds, aloe gel is a mild anesthetic, relieving itching, swelling, and pain; it also is antibacterial and antifungal, increases blood flow to wounded areas, and stimulates fibroblasts, the skin cells responsible for wound healing.
An animal-based study in the Journal of the American Podiatric Medical Association found that both oral and topical aloe preparations speed wound healing. Animals were given either aloe (100mg/kg body weight) in their drinking water for two months or 25% aloe vera drinking water for two months or 25% aloe vera cream applied directly to wounds for six days.
Aloe had positive effects in both cases. The size of wounds decreased 62% in the animals taking oral aloe compared to a 51% decrease in the control group. Topical aloe produced a 51% decrease in wound size compared to 33% in the control group.

2. SUPPORTS SURGICAL RECOVERY

Aloe decreases surgical recovery time, according to a report in the Journal of Dermatologic Surgery and Oncology. Eighteen acne patients underwent facial dermabrasion surgery, in which lesions are scraped away. Dressings were applied to their faces, with half of each person's face receiving the standard dressing coated with surgical gel, and the other half with aloe added to this dressing. The half of the face treated with aloe healed approximately 72 hours faster than the other side.
Dermatologist James Fulton, M.D., of Newport Beach, California, principal author of the report, uses topical aloe in his practice to speed wound healing. "Any wound we treat, whether it's suturing a cut or removing a skin cancer, heals better with aloe vera on it," he states.

3. SOOTHES BURNS

In a study in the Journal of the Medical Association of Thailand, 27 patients with moderate burn wounds were treated with a gauze coated in either aloe gel or Vaseline (petroleum jelly). The burns healed more quickly in the aloe group, with an average healing time of 12 days compared to 18 days for the group using Vaseline.

4. MINIMIZES FROSTBITE DAMAGE

A study published in the Annals of Emergency Medicine established that aloe works for frostbite as well. Researchers gave standard treatments for frostbite (antibiotics, ibuprofen, and rewarming) to 154 patients with mild to serve frostbite. Of patients who additionally received aloe vera cream, 67.9% healed without any tissue loss (amputation) compared to 32.7% in the control group.
Researchers concluded that aloe prevented a decrease of blood flow to the grozen tissues, a common cause of tissue loss in frostbite.

5. SCREENS OUT RADIATION

Aloe protects against skin damage from X rays, according to researchers at Hoshi University in Japan publishing in the journal Yakugaku Zasshi. They found that aloe was an effective antioxidant, mopping up the free radicals caused by radiation, and that it protected two of the body's healing substances, superoxide dismutase (an antioxidant enzyme) and glutathione (an amino acid which stimulates the immune system).

www.aloeride.com

Aging Potential ? Mal from Oz Tea 2 23-03-2007 05:54 PM
Potential vs actual dh@. Vegan 0 29-05-2006 04:54 PM
Potential new tea drinker on the block Klaus Alexander Seistrup Tea 25 21-10-2005 08:36 PM
My first potential seller on Ebay China Space Cowboy Tea 2 28-09-2005 11:42 PM
Potential Newbie questions Jack Winemaking 8 05-02-2004 12:08 AM