Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Chicken fajitas dinner

Alan S > wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 03:31:27 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:
> >Nick Cramer said...
> > [ . . . ]

> Sounds like a good brekky to me. I've certainly had stranger
> over the past few weeks. And it seemed like a good one for
> Nick's BG's.
>
> What do you eat for breakfast? And what numbers do you get?

I've kf's Andy everywhere I've run across him, Alan. The occasional quotes
I see from him are of no consequence to me.

Take care.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> > Alan S said...
>> > Nick is consuming an enormous amount of saturated fat. I can't handle
>> > that type of fat intake.

>> He had grilled chicken, you had cheese?

> Last labs HDL 106, LDL 30, TRIGS 41. Just lucky, I guess.

No, it seems to be fairly consistent amongst those of us who curb carb
intake.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 01 May 2008 08:21:50 +0100, Nicky
> wrote:

>On Thu, 01 May 2008 10:29:55 +1000, Alan S
> wrote:
>
>>But then, I consider duck confit as gourmet health food...

>ROFL - duck confit and salad, please

Depends. At your place - absolutely!

For the rest of the world I was careful to avoid salads and
unpeeled fruits. But just when I thought it was finally safe
to eat salad again, in Dallas with "SouthWestern Chicken", I
needed the Norfloxacin again the next morning:-(

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Thu, 01 May 2008 05:35:43 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>Har har.
>
>I can read ya know!??
>
>I did Atkins back in 2003 and lost a lot of weight. Ate lots of sat. fats.
>Didn't help my cholesterol one bit!
>
>Some people just generate cholesterol no matter what. Believe that
>Ozgirl?!?
>
>I wasn't diabetic then, but sat. fat is NOT the cure for lowering BG or
>there'd be a diet named The SatfatDiabetic Diet. Show me where sat. fat
>it's proven to lower BG!!! Just because you cut out sugar carbs doesn't
>mean sat. fat is beneficial, you just dropped the carbs. Some people like
>Susan can be so full of bad advice sometimes!
>
>Andy

Hi Andy

You might want to clarify that. I'm finding it difficult to
follow. What is a sugar carb? Is that a different type to a
starch carb or a fruit carb?

I'm not advocating a sat fat diet, but one thing I can
guarantee. Whatever it's effect on lipids it doesn't raise
my BGs.

Apart from that, I appear to have missed your earlier
contributions to a.s.d. I'm hoping this one wasn't
representative of them.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"krom" > wrote:

> LOL..my wife thinks im sick if i fry bacon i save the greese and later on
> make vinagrette with it and good balsmic...yum!

Oh, man...one of my winter favorites is shredded cabbage sauted slowly
in bacon fat.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

yum!

ive made that..love it!

Ribs cooked in cabbage is awsome too!

KROM

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "krom" > wrote:
>
>> LOL..my wife thinks im sick if i fry bacon i save the greese and later on
>> make vinagrette with it and good balsmic...yum!

> Oh, man...one of my winter favorites is shredded cabbage sauted slowly
> in bacon fat.
>
> --
> "[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
> This, apparently, upsets the fools."
> ---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

It is crisp and good...same as youd make regular dough with yeast...it tend
to burn easy tho when as thin as i make it so you gotta watch it.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "krom" > wrote:
>> i made pizza with carabloos flour and homemade sauce..pre was 96..post
>> was 100..then was low rest of the day..lol..was good eatin!

> How was the crust with that 'carabloos' flour, Krom? What was your crust
> recipe? Thanks.
>
> Take care.
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Just be sure to test test test..ive zero issues with it but ya never
know..sorta like dreamfields..i can eat it all day and no raise after one
hour two hours or ten...but of course i cook it aldente and eat a food scale
measured portion which means i probably could eat regular pasta in thos
amounts too..lol..the dreamfileds is a safty net for me in case im over
sensitive that day to carb in even small amounts..plus it tastes better to
me then reg pasta.

KROM

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Alan S > wrote:
>> On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 12:57:29 +0100, Nicky
>> > wrote:

>> >Recipe? I've just gotten hold of a big bag of carbalose flour, and
>> >want to play : )

> http://www.tovaindustries.com/carbalose/page1.html
>
> And there's a place only a few miles from me that sells it. Ah, to have a
> real stack of pancakes. I might even wake up my frozen sourdough starter
> and make bread again. Have to see about buying it in 50 Lb sacks! The mind
> reels!
>
> --
> Nick. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their families!
> I've known US vets who served as far back as the Spanish American War.
> They
> are all my heroes! Thank a Veteran and Support Our Troops. You are not
> forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01 May 2008 12:27:29 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>Nicky > wrote:
>> Alan S > wrote:
>>
>> >But then, I consider duck confit as gourmet health food...

>> ROFL - duck confit and salad, please

>That reminds me. I've got some Duck Gizzard Confit in the freezer that I've
>gotta get out and cook. It was a gift from Belgium. I've never made it.
>Gotta recipe?

Grattons? Confit is cooked already, it doesn't need anything extra. If
the texture is unpleasant when you pull it out of the freezer, I'd
just heat it through in a wok or frying-pan. In fact, I've just had an
image of it stir-fried with some purple sprouting broccoli... mmmmm...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 01 May 2008 12:07:53 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>http://www.tovaindustries.com/carbalose/page1.html
>
>And there's a place only a few miles from me that sells it. Ah, to have a
>real stack of pancakes. I might even wake up my frozen sourdough starter
>and make bread again. Have to see about buying it in 50 Lb sacks! The mind
>reels!

Hmmm, lots of good-looking things. I might try those bagels over the
weekend... I tried a Yorkshire pudding mix that didn't work, tasted OK
but the texture was wrong; maybe I just overworked it, it looks pretty
sensitive to that. I have a plain package, no recipes or instructions,
so I guessed!

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:
> On 01 May 2008 12:27:29 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> >Nicky > wrote:
> >> Alan S > wrote:
> >> []

> Grattons? Confit is cooked already, it doesn't need anything extra. If
> the texture is unpleasant when you pull it out of the freezer, I'd
> just heat it through in a wok or frying-pan. In fact, I've just had an
> image of it stir-fried with some purple sprouting broccoli... mmmmm...

Thanks, Nicky. All the text on the package is in French or something, so I
have no idea what it says. Typical monolingual left ponder, eh? ;-0

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Nicky > wrote:

> > Grattons? Confit is cooked already, it doesn't need anything extra. If
> > the texture is unpleasant when you pull it out of the freezer, I'd
> > just heat it through in a wok or frying-pan. In fact, I've just had an
> > image of it stir-fried with some purple sprouting broccoli... mmmmm...

> Thanks, Nicky. All the text on the package is in French or something, so I
> have no idea what it says. Typical monolingual left ponder, eh? ;-0

Type it in; someone will be able to translate it for you.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
---BB cuts to the pith of a flame-fest
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alice Faber > wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
> > Nicky > wrote:
> > > On 01 May 2008 12:27:29 GMT, Nick Cramer >
> > > Grattons? Confit is cooked already, it doesn't need anything extra.
> > > If the texture is unpleasant when you pull it out of the freezer, I'd
> > > just heat it through in a wok or frying-pan. In fact, I've just had
> > > an image of it stir-fried with some purple sprouting broccoli...
> > > mmmmm...

> > Thanks, Nicky. All the text on the package is in French or something,
> > so I have no idea what it says. Typical monolingual left ponder, eh?
> > ;-0

> Type it in; someone will be able to translate it for you.

Thanks, Alice. I'll try to get motivated tomorrow.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 03 May 2008 06:38:56 GMT, Nick Cramer

www.freetranslation.com

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Latest:Is Testing Worthwhile?
and Cambodia
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/2008/03/cambodia.html
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Alan S > wrote:

> >> Type it in; someone will be able to translate it for you.

> >Thanks, Alice. I'll try to get motivated tomorrow.

> www.freetranslation.com

Thanks, Alan. I've added it to my dictionary file. I'll try to get
motivated tomorrow. ;-)

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Fajitas for Dinner Tonight Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] General Cooking 21 08-03-2009 12:30 AM
Chicken Fajitas aem General Cooking 1 24-02-2006 11:06 PM
Chicken Fajitas OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 0 23-02-2006 05:06 PM
Chicken Fajitas Andy General Cooking 0 23-02-2006 04:34 PM
Chicken Fajitas Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-03-2005 06:12 AM