Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default SoyBean Pasta - tried it - liked it - a lot!!

I fixed a Dried Cherry Chicken pasta salad yesterday. This is a pasta
salad I made (before diabetes) using bow-tie pasta. This time I made it
using the golden soy bean pasta I heard about here. It was really good and
(at least for me) had almost no impact on my bg. I was at 86 before eating
and 96 1 hour later, 2 hours still 96. So I ate popcorn before bed .... oh
well! 123 FBG this morning!

I cooked one whole package of the pasta ... it's suppose to serve 4. It
will serve at least 8 in my opinion.

To the cooked and cooled pasta I added the following:

2 cups shreaded or chopped boiled chicken
1/2 c. dried cherries
1/4 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. finely chopped celery
1 large carrot grated

I had to chop up the pasta a little as it was to stringy to mix in the
ingredients.

For dressing I whisked together (you can use a blender also) the following:

1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1/4 c. apple juice
1/4 c. mayonaise
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. celery salt
2 tsps. poppy seeds

After adding the dressing to the pasta/chicken mix it needs to chill for a
couple of hours.

Lately I've been spiking higher than usual so this was a good experiment and
reminder that I can do better!
Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have printed this out. Where does one find SoyBean Pasta? Just sent an
order into netrition uesterday....bad timing!

Gillian

Barbara H wrote:
> I fixed a Dried Cherry Chicken pasta salad yesterday. This is a pasta
> salad I made (before diabetes) using bow-tie pasta. This time I made it
> using the golden soy bean pasta I heard about here. It was really good and
> (at least for me) had almost no impact on my bg. I was at 86 before eating
> and 96 1 hour later, 2 hours still 96. So I ate popcorn before bed .... oh
> well! 123 FBG this morning!
>
> I cooked one whole package of the pasta ... it's suppose to serve 4. It
> will serve at least 8 in my opinion.
>
> To the cooked and cooled pasta I added the following:
>
> 2 cups shreaded or chopped boiled chicken
> 1/2 c. dried cherries
> 1/4 c. slivered almonds
> 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
> 1 large carrot grated
>
> I had to chop up the pasta a little as it was to stringy to mix in the
> ingredients.
>
> For dressing I whisked together (you can use a blender also) the following:
>
> 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
> 1/4 c. apple juice
> 1/4 c. mayonaise
> 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
> 1/2 tsp. celery salt
> 2 tsps. poppy seeds
>
> After adding the dressing to the pasta/chicken mix it needs to chill for a
> couple of hours.
>
> Lately I've been spiking higher than usual so this was a good experiment and
> reminder that I can do better!
> Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes, mine came from Netrition ... wouldn't you know!

Barbara H

"Gill Murray" > wrote in message
>I have printed this out. Where does one find SoyBean Pasta? Just sent an
>order into netrition uesterday....bad timing!
>
> Gillian
>
> Barbara H wrote:
>> I fixed a Dried Cherry Chicken pasta salad yesterday. This is a pasta
>> salad I made (before diabetes) using bow-tie pasta. This time I made it
>> using the golden soy bean pasta I heard about here. It was really good
>> and (at least for me) had almost no impact on my bg. I was at 86 before
>> eating and 96 1 hour later, 2 hours still 96. So I ate popcorn before
>> bed .... oh well! 123 FBG this morning!
>>
>> I cooked one whole package of the pasta ... it's suppose to serve 4. It
>> will serve at least 8 in my opinion.
>>
>> To the cooked and cooled pasta I added the following:
>>
>> 2 cups shreaded or chopped boiled chicken
>> 1/2 c. dried cherries
>> 1/4 c. slivered almonds
>> 1/2 c. finely chopped celery
>> 1 large carrot grated
>>
>> I had to chop up the pasta a little as it was to stringy to mix in the
>> ingredients.
>>
>> For dressing I whisked together (you can use a blender also) the
>> following:
>>
>> 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
>> 1/4 c. apple juice
>> 1/4 c. mayonaise
>> 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
>> 1/2 tsp. celery salt
>> 2 tsps. poppy seeds
>>
>> After adding the dressing to the pasta/chicken mix it needs to chill for
>> a couple of hours.
>>
>> Lately I've been spiking higher than usual so this was a good experiment
>> and reminder that I can do better!
>> Barbara H

Soybean paste vs Miso.. Attn Steve Wertz??!! Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 6 24-11-2013 09:43 PM
More than 80 percent of the corn, soybean and cotton grown in theUnited States is genetically engineered. ImStillMags General Cooking 52 16-04-2010 10:19 PM
buy soybean blackdog General Cooking 1 17-02-2006 01:33 AM
Soybean Oil, where to find it Larry G General Cooking 12 07-06-2005 06:37 AM
Soybean hummus? zxcvbob General Cooking 5 07-05-2004 04:20 AM