Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Steak & Asparagus dinner

FBG 107. Jun wasn't home, so I had a couple of handfuls of sweet potato
chips. Bad idea. One hour PP BG 142, Jun got home and made me dinner.
Steak, rubbed with EVOO, then garlic powder, FGBP and salt. Pan fried with
garlic. Asparagus was cooked 'Thai style'. I don't know what that means.
Lots of clear gravy. It was real good. One hour PP BG 115! Yippee!!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> FBG 107. Jun wasn't home, so I had a couple of handfuls of sweet potato
> chips. Bad idea. One hour PP BG 142, Jun got home and made me dinner.
> Steak, rubbed with EVOO, then garlic powder, FGBP and salt. Pan fried with
> garlic. Asparagus was cooked 'Thai style'. I don't know what that means.
> Lots of clear gravy. It was real good. One hour PP BG 115! Yippee!!

oh oh oh oh

can i have a recipe for 'Thai style' asparagus

we buy it often, even when it's out of season and terribly expensive

kate
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > FBG 107. Jun wasn't home, so I had a couple of handfuls of sweet potato
> > chips. Bad idea. One hour PP BG 142, Jun got home and made me dinner.
> > Steak, rubbed with EVOO, then garlic powder, FGBP and salt. Pan fried
> > with garlic. Asparagus was cooked 'Thai style'. I don't know what that
> > means. Lots of clear gravy. It was real good. One hour PP BG 115!
> > Yippee!!
> >

> oh oh oh oh
>
> can i have a recipe for 'Thai style' asparagus?
>
> we buy it often, even when it's out of season and terribly expensive

I'll ask her when she gets home, Kate. I think she and our daughter buy
asparagus at Costco.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer > wrote:
> Tiger_Lily > wrote:
> > Nick Cramer wrote:

[]
> > can i have a recipe for 'Thai style' asparagus?
> >
> > we buy it often, even when it's out of season and terribly expensive

> I'll ask her when she gets home, Kate. I think she and our daughter buy
> asparagus at Costco.

Stir fried with garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. All to taste.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>> Tiger_Lily > wrote:
>> > Nick Cramer wrote:

> []
>> > can i have a recipe for 'Thai style' asparagus?
>> >
>> > we buy it often, even when it's out of season and terribly expensive

>> I'll ask her when she gets home, Kate. I think she and our daughter buy
>> asparagus at Costco.

> Stir fried with garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. All to taste.

Very simple but sounds tasty.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nick Cramer wrote:
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>> Tiger_Lily > wrote:
>>> Nick Cramer wrote:

> []
>>> can i have a recipe for 'Thai style' asparagus?
>>>
>>> we buy it often, even when it's out of season and terribly expensive

>> I'll ask her when she gets home, Kate. I think she and our daughter buy
>> asparagus at Costco.

> Stir fried with garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. All to taste.

ohhhhhhhhhh yum

ta
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

We love asparagus, too. I made some the other day by putting them in
some of that new extra-heavy duty Reynold's Wrap with a drizzle of olive
oil and a couple of shakes of granulated garlic (Tone's brand from
Sam's) I put them on a spot on the gas grill that was not directly over
the flame. They were yum.
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Evelyn Ruut" > wrote in message
> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>>> []

>>> Stir fried with garlic, soy sauce and oyster sauce. All to taste.

>> Very simple but sounds tasty.

> I just recently learned to oven roast it. Turned out great! Just olive
> oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Roast till tender.
>
> When we buy asparagus in Sam's club, it is always rather a lot, and more
> than we can use in one meal. This week I steamed it in a tiny bit of
> water, then turned it off as soon as it began to boil. Left it covered
> to finish. We ate what we wanted from it that night.
>
> Next day I sliced it up, and on the side, made a white sauce with butter
> and a tiny bit of flour and seasonings, added milk and asparagus cooking
> water, allowed it to thicken under heat, then added the sliced asparagus.
> Cream of asparagus soup. It was delicious.
>
> I love getting two meals out of one thing.

Thanks for the ideas Evelyn.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Fri, 11 Apr 2008 18:56:55 -0400, "Evelyn Ruut"
> wrote:

>I love getting two meals out of one thing.

Asparagus isn't in season here yet <envy> - but what I do is to snap
the stalks, steam or boil the tips, and keep a bag in the freezer for
the ends. Perfect for soup : )

Nicky.