Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Ceviche Tostada

FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato chips.
One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada tomorrow and
see if that's the culprit.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato chips.
> One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada tomorrow and
> see if that's the culprit.

I'd suspect the potato chips first.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
>> FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato chips.
>> One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada tomorrow
>> and
>> see if that's the culprit.

> I'd suspect the potato chips first.

Me too. I can almost always do a tostada with no problems, unless my BG was
too high to start with.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato chips.
> One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada tomorrow
> and
> see if that's the culprit.

drop the chips.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> > Nick Cramer > wrote:
> >
> >> FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato
> >> chips. One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada
> >> tomorrow and
> >> see if that's the culprit.

> > I'd suspect the potato chips first.

> Me too. I can almost always do a tostada with no problems, unless my BG
> was too high to start with.

Well, I'll do a tostada with bacon (if we have any) or ham, cheese and eggs
for brekkie and report. Thanks.

Take care.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>
> > FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato
> > chips. One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada
> > tomorrow and
> > see if that's the culprit.

> drop the chips.

Heh heh. When I do, my dog grabs them. ;-D

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 07 Apr 2008 03:43:20 GMT, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

>"Ozgirl" > wrote:
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>>
>> > FBG 105. Had a Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce and 12 potato
>> > chips. One hour post prandial 157. I'm gonna try just a plain tostada
>> > tomorrow and
>> > see if that's the culprit.

>> drop the chips.

>Heh heh. When I do, my dog grabs them. ;-D

Good dog : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

mmmm I have no idea what "Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce" is,
maybe like Mexican vegemite on toast?

Were they your "fries" or our chips or your "chips" and our crisps?

We seem to be separated by an ocean and a "common" language :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS > wrote:
> mmmm I have no idea what "Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce" is,
> maybe like Mexican vegemite on toast?
>
> Were they your "fries" or our chips or your "chips" and our crisps?
>
> We seem to be separated by an ocean and a "common" language :-)

G'day, Rod,

One version:

Ceviche de Baja

6 cups Mexican Ceviche (recipe immediately following)
1/2 head lettuce, shredded
12 fried flat [corn] tortillas
2 cups guacamole
2 cups Chihuahua or Jack cheese, grated
1 cup salsa fresca and/or salsa verde

HOW TO MAKE THE CEVICHE

Ceviche originated in places where seafood was plentiful but
refrigeration rare. Ceviche is usually served as an appetizer, but is
wonderful in these tostadas as well. It's delicious, low in calories and
has become popular all over California, Baja and mainland Mexico because
of its subtle but spicy taste.

2 pounds cubed white fish or bay scallops, raw
5 - 10 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles (very hot), diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 onion, diced
3 ripe tomatoes, diced
1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
1 avocado, diced
1 bunch cilantro, with stems removed and diced
1 tsp brown sugar
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups lime juice
1/2 cup lemon juice

In a large bowl combine all ingredients except l/2 the avocado and
cilantro. Toss gently but thoroughly, making sure all fish is coated
with lemon-lime mixture.

Cover and refrigerate for one to three hours, stirring occasionally.
Fish should become quite white and scallops will lose translucent
appearance. (Once this happens, you will know that the lemon juice has
"cooked" them and they are quite okay to eat.) Just prior to serving,
add avocado and top with remaining cilantro.

Spoon the chilled ceviche directly onto fried flat tortillas. Top with
listed toppings and serve immediately.

Labuyo is a Philipine hot sauce made by Mama Sita. Thai Sriracha will do.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks Nick pity I don't like seafood, but there has to someone in this
country who doesn't otherwise the ad agencies would be outa work trying
to convince me to eat seafood. Tell ya what I'll have the chips and save
ya dog.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Nick Cramer wrote:
> RodS > wrote:
>> mmmm I have no idea what "Ceviche Tostada with Labuyo hot sauce" is,
>> maybe like Mexican vegemite on toast?
>>
>> Were they your "fries" or our chips or your "chips" and our crisps?
>>
>> We seem to be separated by an ocean and a "common" language :-)

> G'day, Rod,
>
> One version:
>
> Ceviche de Baja
>
> 6 cups Mexican Ceviche (recipe immediately following)
> 1/2 head lettuce, shredded
> 12 fried flat [corn] tortillas
> 2 cups guacamole
> 2 cups Chihuahua or Jack cheese, grated
> 1 cup salsa fresca and/or salsa verde
>
> HOW TO MAKE THE CEVICHE
>
> Ceviche originated in places where seafood was plentiful but
> refrigeration rare. Ceviche is usually served as an appetizer, but is
> wonderful in these tostadas as well. It's delicious, low in calories and
> has become popular all over California, Baja and mainland Mexico because
> of its subtle but spicy taste.
>
> 2 pounds cubed white fish or bay scallops, raw
> 5 - 10 fresh serrano or jalapeño chiles (very hot), diced
> 1 red bell pepper, diced
> 1 green bell pepper, diced
> 1 onion, diced
> 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
> 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
> 1 avocado, diced
> 1 bunch cilantro, with stems removed and diced
> 1 tsp brown sugar
> salt and pepper to taste
> 2 cups lime juice
> 1/2 cup lemon juice
>
> In a large bowl combine all ingredients except l/2 the avocado and
> cilantro. Toss gently but thoroughly, making sure all fish is coated
> with lemon-lime mixture.
>
> Cover and refrigerate for one to three hours, stirring occasionally.
> Fish should become quite white and scallops will lose translucent
> appearance. (Once this happens, you will know that the lemon juice has
> "cooked" them and they are quite okay to eat.) Just prior to serving,
> add avocado and top with remaining cilantro.
>
> Spoon the chilled ceviche directly onto fried flat tortillas. Top with
> listed toppings and serve immediately.
>
> Labuyo is a Philipine hot sauce made by Mama Sita. Thai Sriracha will do.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS > wrote:
> Thanks Nick pity I don't like seafood, but there has to someone in this
> country who doesn't otherwise the ad agencies would be outa work trying
> to convince me to eat seafood. Tell ya what I'll have the chips and save
> ya dog.

G'day Rod, Tostadas and chips have joined rice and bread on my "to be
avoided" list. At bedtime, last night, I discovered some mango, Thai sticky
rice and thin coconut cream in the kitchen. Two slices of mango and two
thumb-size pieces of sticky rice, doused with the coconut cream. This
morning my FBG was 115, so I know that overnight it must've been quite
high. Ham & cheese omelette for brekkie. One hour post prandial 121. I'll
eat your share of seafood! Thanks. ;-)

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Egg Tostada casa bona Recipes 3 30-01-2014 04:13 AM
Egg Tostada Tara General Cooking 7 11-06-2013 12:34 AM
Egg Tostada casa bona Mexican Cooking 0 10-06-2013 09:07 PM