Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default diabetus and pumps

I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
pumps. Please contact me
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"angel/bbi" > wrote in message
>I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
> pumps. Please contact me

I'm not sure there are any cheap ones. You can find more diabetics to
ask in newsgroup alt.support.diabetes, though.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Robert Miles schrieb:
>> I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
>> pumps. Please contact me

> I'm not sure there are any cheap ones. You can find more diabetics to
> ask in newsgroup alt.support.diabetes, though.

Reliability is more important than price.
With a pump you always have only a very small amount of insulin at a
time in your body. So, if the pump fails for any reason, you'll end up
in trouble quite soon.

Using a pen, however, injects you a bigger amount that will last longer.

So, while looking for a pump, look for reliability and promptness of
service first. Then into features and functions. And at the end look at
the price.

Your health and your life is at stake. Not your money.

Regards
Hans
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Hans Klompe wrote:
> Robert Miles schrieb:
>>> I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
>>> pumps. Please contact me

>> I'm not sure there are any cheap ones. You can find more diabetics to
>> ask in newsgroup alt.support.diabetes, though.

> Reliability is more important than price.
> With a pump you always have only a very small amount of insulin at a
> time in your body. So, if the pump fails for any reason, you'll end up
> in trouble quite soon.

Have you ever used a pump?

> Using a pen, however, injects you a bigger amount that will last longer.

The above statement is utter foolishness.

I can eat half a large pizza if I so desire and never exceed 120 -
tested out to 12 hours - can you? Oh, let me add that that's with *one*
extended bolus - not an injection every 3 or 4 hours like you'd do with
a rapid insulin by injection.

I can work 8 hours at my manual labor job then hit the golf course and
walk 18 holes and keep my bgs between 80 - 110 and eat only if I want to
- can you?

I can treat mild hypoglycemia without eating - can you?

> So, while looking for a pump, look for reliability and promptness of
> service first. Then into features and functions. And at the end look at
> the price.

If the pump wasn't reliable it wouldn't be on the market. All pump
sellers have excellent service. It's part of what you pay for.

> Your health and your life is at stake. Not your money.

I would suggest you learn about pumps before assuming CSII isn't safe.

http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

If someone wanted to take my pump they'd have to pry it from my cold,
dead hands.

Vicki
T1
Animas IR1200

> Regards
> Hans

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

angel/bbi wrote:
> I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
> pumps. Please contact me

My DH has had a Mimed Paradigm pump for over 2 years. He loves it.
It is quite reliable and the company offers 24/7 support via a toll-free
phone number. If there is a problem that makes it necessary to get a new
pump they overnight it.

It is a good idea to have some injectable insulin or pens available in
care there is a failure but they are rare. They are giving pumps to
teeny babies now.

My DH (T2 for over 20 years)used Lantus pens for a while before getting
his pump and he feels that the control is so much better with the pump
as there is always some insulin in his body. No more morning highs and
he can bolus for what he eats allowing him a little more freedom in food
choices than he ever had with injections and oral meds. He has A1Cs
consistently in the mid 5's, something he was never able to achieve with
injections or oral meds no matter how careful he was.

If you ask him, he will tell you that he'd never give up the pump and go
back to injections.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

percy wrote:

> I would suggest you learn about pumps before assuming CSII isn't safe.

Did I say this? I said price is the least criteria to look at.

Sorry if that was unclear.

Regards
Hans

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

angel/bbi wrote:
> I am looking for as much info as possible on cheap easy to use insulin
> pumps. Please contact me

I have been on pumps..MiniMed for 12 years and there is no such thing as
a cheap pump.
Most medical insurances do pay for them if you actually need one.
Robert

Pumps Roy Boy Cooking Equipment 5 02-04-2011 02:32 PM
air pumps? Mike Wine 9 11-03-2005 06:26 AM
Pumps for home winemakers Tom S Winemaking 9 01-09-2004 02:55 PM
Pumps for home winemakers Oliver King-Smith Winemaking 6 01-09-2004 02:55 PM
pumps Charles H Winemaking 6 29-10-2003 04:37 PM