Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default cooking marsala

Evelyn Ruut wrote:

> Ricotta cheese as used in cannolis is a good ingredient for diabetics to
> consider. There is a wonderful ricotta cheese pie that a grandmother
> in law used to make with citron and chocolate chips in it. She made it
> with a cookie crust and real sugar of course, but I see no reason why it
> couldn't be adapted to a diabetic friendly version.

This one had on crust! No chips or candied fruits, either.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.support.diet,alt.food.diabetic,alt.support.diabetes

Default Label Info

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:47:54 +0000 (UTC), "W. Baker"
> wrote:

>In alt.support.diabetes Robert Miles > wrote:
>
>: " Frank t2" > wrote in message
>: ...
>
>: > Sadly, I do. )
>: > Our current fridge is jammed with too much ice in the freezer ...
>: > Unfortunately, there's till quite a bit of protein in there, so I can't
>: > yet defrost ....
>: >
>: >
>: > Ohh, for my pre-diabetes days ....
>: >
>: >
>: >
>: I had a styrofoam cooler I used whem I wanted to defrost my freezer.
>: It kept the food frozen long enough.
>

>I just put the food all very close together on the kitchen counter with a
>thick pile of newspapers on to and I defrost using pots of hot water so
>the food is not out of the fridge very long. This works fo rme even in
>reletively warm weather..

When I lived under the flightpath to an airport we had double glazing
installed with a massive air gap (about eight inches) to keep out the
noise, in winter this made an excellent place to stash the food during
defrosting operations.

I must get mine done before the warmer weather returns, I use the same
technique, bowl of hot water, food wrapped in old newspaper in an
unheated part of the house, and watch out for next door's cat.

Last time this worked well except for the prawns which were glazed
with so much ice they semi-melted and resolidified into an unbreakable
block with little pink tails poking out.

Please send info to [email protected] Aaron[_4_] General Cooking 0 14-10-2009 12:37 PM
when to label Pino Winemaking 9 09-03-2006 11:16 PM
label removal walterthegrey Winemaking 14 27-08-2004 01:48 AM
New Brehm label info Brian Lundeen Winemaking 1 02-12-2003 05:10 PM
Cote de Rhone label info Larry Wine 4 05-10-2003 08:47 PM