Jolene GJ

Default Freezer Jam & Splenda

Hi All, just finished making a flat of strawberries and a flat of
raspberries into
freezer jam. Found that using the 1.5 cups sugar for 4 cups crushed
berries
was way too sweet. Cut it down to 1 cup and it's perfect.

Our berries in Portland OR are 3 weeks early this year, so will be out
picking
again tomorrow.

Jolene

Alan

On Mon, 31 May 2004 03:41:00 GMT, "Jolene GJ" >
wrote:

Hi Jolene

Are you sure you meant to post to this newsgroup? alt.food.diabetic?

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Jennifer

Jolene...

do you mean you subbed in 1 Cup Splenda for the sugar?

Jennifer

Jolene GJ wrote:

> Hi All, just finished making a flat of strawberries and a flat of
> raspberries into
> freezer jam. Found that using the 1.5 cups sugar for 4 cups crushed
> berries
> was way too sweet. Cut it down to 1 cup and it's perfect.
>
> Our berries in Portland OR are 3 weeks early this year, so will be out
> picking
> again tomorrow.
>
> Jolene

Jolene GJ

Sorry, I did mean to reduce the Splenda to 1 cup.

Jolene

Splenda bfairey General Cooking 7 11-05-2007 05:25 AM
Splenda B&B? Brian Mailman Preserving 2 01-09-2006 09:16 PM
splenda bill Diabetic 61 14-08-2005 03:16 PM
Suggestions for replacing a dead Sub-Zero freezer (besides a _new_Sub-Zero freezer...) Ted Goldblatt Cooking Equipment 2 28-08-2004 01:23 PM
Splenda CapStick Diabetic 4 28-10-2003 03:35 PM