Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Italian sausage soup

This recipe has been posted on alt.support.diet.low-carb many times and
adjusted/changed and reposted as well, so you can Google for lots of
variations. It's very popular over there! This is my version:

1 lb sweet Italian sausage, sliced thinly
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 bell peppers (any color), diced
2 cloves garlic, pressed
2 TB olive oil
2 cans broth (chicken, beef or a mixture works)
small can of tomatoes
1 lb frozen vegetables (squash, zucchini, broccoli and/or cauliflower)
1/2 lb greens (chard, kale, spinach, etc.), diced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil

Fry the sausage, onion, peppers and garlic in olive oil until the onions
carmelize. Add all other ingredients, bring to boil, reduce heat and
simmer for at least 4 hours to let flavors meld well.

Serve with Parmesan.

Leftovers freeze well, though it's unlikely to come up unless you make a
double or triple batch as it's VERY good.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jackie Patti > wrote:
> [ . . . ]

Saved with a few spicey mods. Thanks.

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Mom's Italian Sausage Soup Recipe sf[_9_] General Cooking 35 16-12-2012 12:53 AM
Italian Sausage Soup [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 08-12-2006 01:46 AM
Italian Sausage & Spinach Soup Thomas Grossmann Recipes (moderated) 0 25-10-2006 05:17 PM
Italian Sausage Soup 2 Tim Recipes 0 31-12-2005 01:18 AM
Italian Sausage Soup Tim Recipes 0 31-12-2005 01:17 AM