NoSpamo~

Default Borrowing sons computer

Anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread?

mary folse

Netritions sells the low carb bread mixes....the Keto breads are the
best......I have made the cinnamon and the sour dough rye. both were
excellent.
Mary
"NoSpamo~" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> Anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread?

Como~

You don't have the brains to eat a piece of bread much less bake some.
Have a nice vacation fool.

NoSpamo~ wrote:

> Anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread?

Alan

On Sun, 09 May 2004 15:02:36 -0700, Como~ >
wrote:

>You don't have the brains to eat a piece of bread much less bake some.
>Have a nice vacation fool.
>
>NoSpamo~ wrote:
>
>> Anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread?

The ultimate troll - asks and answers. Read the email addys; bistoury to
bistoury.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Remove weight and carbs to email.
Julie Bove

"Alan" > wrote in message

> The ultimate troll - asks and answers. Read the email addys; bistoury to
> bistoury.

Back in the kill-file. *sigh*

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

pam_in_sc

NoSpamo~ wrote:

> Anyone have a recipe for home made low carb bread?

This is low glycemic index and reduced carb; I can eat a
moderately thin piece with cheese for breakfast without spiking. I'm
using a barley hot cereal called Bits O Barley by Arrowhead Mills, which
is about the texture of steel cut (Irish) oats. I buy coarse ground
whole wheat flour (Irish style wholemeal flour) from King Arthur (
http://www.kingarthurflour.com ).

1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup barley bits
2 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sourdough starter (I do feed mine white flour)
2 cups coarse ground whole wheat flour
1 cup vital wheat gluten
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1 teasp diastatic malt powder (optional--a yeast encourager)
2 tblsp. olive oil
1-2 tblsp honey (some real sugar is necessary for the yeast to eat)
1 teasp salt
1 tblsp yeast

Put oatmeal and barley bits in a bowl and pour boiling water over; let
sit until cool. Put oatmeal barley mixture and sourdough starter in
bread machine (if your bread machine calls for liquid ingredients
first). Add whole wheat flour, and if desired do a preliminary kneading
and rising so the sourdough starter has more time to grow. Add
remaining ingredients and set bread machine on whole wheat setting.