Vicki Beausoleil

Default Mexican Deviled Eggs

Mexican Deviled Eggs

8 hard-cooked eggs
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup salsa
2 tablespoons sliced green onions
1 tablespoon sour cream
Salt, to taste

Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
In a small bowl, mash yolks with cheese, mayonnaise, salsa, onions,
sour cream and salt. Stuff into egg whites. Refrigerate.

Makes 16 servings.

original posting by Duckie

Vicki
Siobhan Perricone

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 06:00:00 -0400, Vicki Beausoleil
> wrote:

>Mexican Deviled Eggs

Ok, this got me thinking about my recipe for Huevos Diablos! So I'll write
it up. Unfortunately I do this mostly by feel, not by quantity, so you'll
need to poke at it to get it how you like. All of these quantities are
estimates from memory (except for the number of eggs).

Huevos Diablos
6 hard boiled eggs
1 tbsp grainy brown mustard
1/4 tsp chipotle powder (more if you like things hot)
3 tbsp mayonnaise
paprika for garnish

Peel the eggs and slice them in half. Put the yolks in a bowl and smoosh
them up with a fork until they're nice and crumbly. Add the mustard and mix
thoroughly. Add the chipotle powder and mix thoroughly. Add the mayo and
mix until creamy and smooth. Taste to see if you're happy with the way it
is. You may want to add a dash of salt (I usually don't) and mix it more.
If it's too thick or not creamy enough, add a little more mayo.

When you have the filling right, either put it into a pastry tube to pipe
into the hole in the whites or just use a spoon to dollop it in. Divide the
filling evenly between the eggs. Shake with paprika or more chipotle powder
(if you're brave) and serve.

If you want to make these ahead, be sure to cover them with plastic wrap
and refrigerate (or put them in a wide, short plastic container with a lid
for easy transport).

--
Siobhan Perricone
"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair; then I

Deviled Eggs Cheri[_3_] Diabetic 1 27-03-2012 05:47 AM
REC - Guamanian Style Lumpia; Mexican Deviled Eggs - RFC Cookbookpage 2 Rusty[_1_] General Cooking 0 07-03-2009 03:08 AM
REC - Guamanian Style Lumpia; Mexican Deviled Eggs - RFC Cookbookpage 2 Rusty[_1_] Recipes 0 22-02-2009 05:19 AM
Deviled Eggs Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 27-04-2006 07:16 AM
Mexican Deviled Eggs Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 17-04-2004 03:23 AM