Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default alcohol sugar

I have learned this doesnt spike me and i like the taste more then splenda
which has a chlorine pool aftertaste to me a bit.

At least in the cany ive tried..is this sold on its own?
I would like to try it in pumkin pie etc and cookies for the holidays.

KROM

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
>I have learned this doesnt spike me and i like the taste more then splenda
>which has a chlorine pool aftertaste to me a bit.
>
> At least in the cany ive tried..is this sold on its own?
> I would like to try it in pumkin pie etc and cookies for the holidays.

Be careful! It's a laxative!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
>I have learned this doesnt spike me and i like the taste more then splenda
>which has a chlorine pool aftertaste to me a bit.
>
> At least in the cany ive tried..is this sold on its own?
> I would like to try it in pumkin pie etc and cookies for the holidays.
>
> KROM

Mendosa's web site has an article on sugar alcohols and their glycemic
index. Might have some useful info. I use Erythritol frequently in baking
and have had no digestive impact so far. In fact I usually mix Erythritol
and Splenda to eliminate that splenda aftertaste. I stay away from the
other sugar alcohols .... don't like surprises! :-) - Barbara H

http://www.mendosa.com/netcarbs.htm

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Right..i havnt had a problem at all with the stuff ive eaten.
Whats funny is pre dx i would cut for summer and id live on protien bars
which have it in it..alot and never had a problem...never thought about it
until i was looking at some candy and read a post is asd about it.

KROM

sugar alcohol RichD Wine 13 13-01-2012 09:24 PM
sugar alcohol RichD General Cooking 18 13-01-2012 07:38 PM
SG alcohol / sugar table Ric Winemaking 5 02-12-2006 08:52 AM
Fermentation Sugar Level Alcohol Etc.. John Fouts Winemaking 2 17-08-2005 04:26 PM
sugar to alcohol vol % de sik Winemaking 6 29-12-2004 04:10 PM